RWBY/RT General #1086: Don't Tell Shyamalan Edition

Previous: Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-chapter-7-redux

RT Animated Adventures - Latest Episode(s):

roosterteeth.com/episode/rt-animated-adventures-2016-shrinkin-dreamin

roosterteeth.com/episode/rt-animated-adventures-2016-chris-smoking-hot-date

M3u8: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/c02c6090-3b37-4fcc-801c-a802020ebfea/index.m3u8

We skip a number?

Sun did nothing wrong

True, you don't have to make shit up, but it's gotten to the point where people don't care anymore. They're convinced she's a shit character and always will be, so they sit around and shit on the character because it's a meme
It's something you gotta get used to now

dead meme

No, last thread didn't change the number so we had 1084 twice in a row

Qrow is the best teacher.

THE REDS DID NOTHING WRONG

>inb4 Ghira doesn't like Sun because he acted the same way with Kali when they were teens

Sun ruined the best character building moment Blake has ever had, considering she finally admitted fault in something and was going to give a reason for why she left

>this episode confirmed that Faunus are unholy abominations

Yeah, that was my bad. I didn't screw it up this time.

>Leaving your daughter's Chad not-boyfriend alone with your wife while you're occupied for long stretches of time in another section of the house

Ghira's just asking for it.

There's actually a surprising amount of reasons why dads don't like their daughters boyfriends. Cracked did an article on it a few years ago.

The thing is a lot of people here will fucking circle jerk the meme of what a character is.

So when actual conversations happen they'll just spam the posters with shit they're making up on the spot or parroting.

But we already know why she left.

>They call it a kingdom

It's not recognized as a kingdom by the rest of the world or by the writers. They repeatedly say that there's only four kingdoms: Atlas, Vale, Vacuo and Mistral.

>they call Ghira his 'Grace' and the Fang foxes even say he stepped down from the Fang to lead their people in Menagerie

Because keeping up appearances. It's clear that they have no allegiance to him and only answer to Adam/Sienna.

I know but it's still aggravating.

This.

>Citing that clickbait shithole.

TEN REASONS WHY user IS WRONG THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW.

Nobody wants to think about their daughter getting railed, that seems like reason enough.

Ghira was getting to the heart of why she had to rest and recuperate when Sun burst in
Fuck off

In case anyone missed it last thread.

In Ghira's defense I imagine he wouldn't like anyone with his daughter. Think about it. She's an adult, he's an adult, sex is a thing. You don't want to think about your daughter getting railed, so you wanna scare off her boyfriend and keep her "safe". I know I'd feel like that if I had a daughter.

Kali is only loyal to Ghira

It was before they started going full clickbait.
That is one of those reasons, yes. Another is that younger men kind of make older guys feel like failures.

Apparently being romantic with a guy's daughter also makes his wife resentful of him, which in turn makes him resentful of you.

Gotta love the wiki

>Jaune is a whiny bitch
>Qrow is a dead man drinking
>Blake is abusive
>Sun ruins great character building
>Bellamama has a sexy voice
>Blake's outfit is too sexual
>Vacuo is a based country of cutthroats

Glad they finally explained shit straight out.

They did add Menagerie as a fifth outpost of civilization in Volume 2. It might not be a Kingdom yet, but its certain a internationally recognized polity
As for the Fang, obviously they answer to their immediate masters, but they wouldn't call Ghira his Grace if he hadn't earned or been given the title by the Faunus. He's their civilian leader
Yeah, this
I don't mind Sun but this moment was wildly unnecessary. It would have been much better if Blake had told her dad how she felt about running and realizing her problems were her fault, then have her rush outside to get some air and spot the Fang Ninja. Sun sees Blake run off while he's walking up to the balcony scroll in hand, and he runs off after her
Same exact ending to the scene, but with more focus on Blake actually finally growing as a character

I'd laugh if Ghira actually used to approve of Adam with Blake, he was a nice respectable young man with strong beliefs and good fashion sense unlike the rude dumb half dressed monkey man.

I'm not saying he didn't ruin the moment, even if he had his reasons for it. I just didn't think we were going to learn anything new at that moment.

I dont think its soo much convinced she'll always be a shitter, its that the writers don't seem to be even trying to make us sympathize with her beyond the dead horse she beats.

They could give her a new motivation or develop her beyond the "I'm prejudiced against because Imma faunus" QQ shit. Because until we start seeing Sun, Velvet, Katt, or any other named faunus being treated like ass by normal(Cardin and Jacque are the only examples thus far) people, she comes off as just shallow and blissfully unaware of the world around her. AKA: A vapid cunt.

I'd love to see Blake be cool and interesting, but the writers need to give her proper attention that they seem to just be throwing at everyone on RNJR instead. They're trying with a half assed vigor, and failing hard because right now Sun is looking more and more intelligent because he's not letting her or her dad dive back into their mental holes of "Not all white fang!"

It's going to suck when this monkey fuck dies, because then no one will be able to slap blake into seeing how retarded she acts.

Ozpin's creation story is full of holes. It doesn't explain the wizard/maidens, faunus, a seemingly part-grimm freak like Salem, or the silver eyes and why they fry maidens.

I'm thinking the relics weren't intentional and the gods didn't "abandon" remnant. The union went wrong (last minute disagreement? powers don't mix well?) and they exploded. This blew up the moon, their power was split into the four relics and countless moonrocks(dust), and their consciousnesses survived by possessing their own creations, becoming the witch and wizard. The witch regrets it and wants to be a god again, the wizard regretted it too until the maidens convinced him humans were worth protecting and he gave up most of his remaining power.

Maybe silver eyes are Salem's version of maidens? They do nothing to humans who are a balance of light/dark, only stun (or control if Salem could properly train them?) the pure-dark grimm, and nearly kill the mostly-light maidens.

You forgot
>Ruby is cardboard
>Ren and Nora are place holders
>Suns team is dead
>Weiss has evil family
>Yang is Yang

>Ozpin is secretive, but we can trust the lore told us by a guy who found out the lore through Ozpin

wat

I STILL BELIEVE WHITLEY ISN'T EVIL

>"This guy is shady as fuck"
>"True, but we can trust the lore he told Qrow"
Wow, how can anyone be that blind?
Hell the fact this is all coming through Qrow from Ozpin should be setting off alarm bells; Qrow is clearly devoted to Ozpin, of course he'd believe whatever he was told like a good little soldier

>whiny bitch
I dunnow, he was pretty displeased but not really whiny. He didn't really sperg out too much and while his head got hot he remained cool enough to listen to what Qrow had to say instead of questioning it.

He's just angry with himself now that he kinda got where he screwed up on his Pyrrha social link

I guess Ghira didn't know about Blake's modeling career

You're wrong.

I want to believe his current characterization is the result of heavy manipulation and mental abuse by Jacques

but I don't have faith in M-K, he's probably an evil mini Jacques made purely to be an antagonist to Weiss, therefore has no redeeming qualities.

I'm thinking Silver eyes could be anti-magic honestly.

They say silver eyes scare Grimm but we haven't seen how it does that.

Whitley and Jacques did nothing wrong

I'm betting Jacques beat him until he became the perfect ideal son who never questions father and obeys or else.
When they reveal it, Tumblr will explode with shame for all their hating him and calling him a monster when in reality he's an abuse victim.

webm of Blake slapping Sun when?

How utterly badass would it be if Ironwood discovers Ozpin was bullshitting, and makes his own plan.

I don't expect Qrow to. he's brainwashed too well

Arkos is end game, one way or another!

It literally scared the dragon stiff.

It's part of their kink play. She jumps onto other men and plays with them for a while till Ghira get fed up and wins her back like a lion and then ruts her on the spot after beating up who ever she was interested in.

Is this the real thread?

Man, I've totally forgotten the twins even existed

Maybe if his mom had stepped in this never would have happened. Shit parents.

Since the 4 headmasters protect the 4 relics, do you think ironwood used his relic when he helped make penny?

Creation or choice(freewill?) sound useful when making a robot with a soul

We dunnow that. Just that it's frozen somehow. And somehow took one of Cinder's eyes.

Who the fuck knows at this point.

>Jacques slapping Weiss will/has upset tumblr
>Blake slapping Sun is silly fun lel lol XD
>tfw

So its cuckolding into angry make up sex, with a side order of cuckolding the new guy?
WOW, the Belladonna's are into some kinky shit
Also where is the Ghira, Kali and Sun edit of that "I'll fuck any man who beds my wife, so she shall still be my woman!" image? I know it exists

Reminder that Faunus are LITERALLY abominations against the Gods who created the master race of humanity capable of light and dark.
then just watch Faunus were actually the God of Light's sole creation while Grimm were the God of Darkness'

What type of sword does Jaune have? The wiki has it listed as a longsword

That COULD explain why Ozpin was upset with him. using the relic for his own purpose rather than just protecting it

Maybe? But he'd have to have told the ozluminati then as it's related to one of their guarded stuff.

Him saying shit about them forcing Pyrrha when he was literally standing right there when she made the choice was retarded but expected from Jaune. I'm just glad he shut up after Qrow told him that.

Ruby makes me stiff too.

>Those books floating on the bookshelf

>Longsword.
Hand and a half it looks.

That's a bastard sword.

>Jaune has his shield up
>sheath is still present on his side

WHEWWW

Eyes are windows to the soul, Grimm don't have them, and Maidens are possessed of a larger more complicated soul
Could Silver Eyes work by attacking the soul? It would explain why Maidens are weak to them, having a lot more soul than most.
As for the Grimm, every try to introduce energy into a system that literally has no place to put it? Its fucking nasty is what it is. The Grimm Dragon is just powerful enough to be kicked back into hibernation rather than being outright incinerated by being hosed with power with no place to put it
Also explains Pyrrha's voice in Ruby's dreams, her soul was inadvertently trapped when Ruby used her silver eyes

I think Atlas would have Structure. Since it's been thought of that the maiden transferring power machine was also the same on how Penny got her aura, it could've been using that.

I'd say its more of an arming sword, longswords tend to be more for two-handed use shouldnt they?

They'll forgive it when it comes from a girl

They'll especially forgive it if it's directed onto a guy

Blake is cute!!

The context for the slaps were incredibly different.

has anyone seen my wife!?

The fact that he made that face at that moment gives me hope.

I wish I could have the same for Jacques, but it seems he's just going to be Generic Abusive Dad #21413

>Tumblr
>not being sexist
pick one and only one

He has 2 sheathes? i honesly never noticed

Not since Episode 4
Seriously, she better get the lions share of screen time in episode 9, this is some fucking bullshit

>The context for the slaps were incredibly different.
They were both justified Weiss was being a brat and Sun was eavesdropping

I know this isn't really the time, but has anyone thought about how long RT plans to drag RWBY along?

I mean, the biggest problem they have right now is that the show is structured like a shonen anime, with shonen pacing, but they can't possibly keep that kind of pace with the production schedule. I know Monty said they had 17 seasons worth of material but at the rate they're going that would be like 4 story arcs, maybe 5 if we're optimistic. Do they honestly think they can keep the momentum of the show going for that long? Is anyone going to care about Ruby and Salem's final battle in 2025? Even RvB changed gears along even if they kept things mostly confined to the two teams.

I think it'd be much better if they planned for a handful of seasons with a clear ending in sight, like Avatar did, and then continue stories in the same world with a different set of protagonists, maybe in a different era. If RWBY has done one thing right it's establish a massive world to draw stories from, and if this season has shown anything it's that keeping events confined to team RWBY itself is clearly holding things back.

The hilt seems a bit long for it to be a straight up arming sword.

Sorry, episode 9 is going to be another Blake solo episode

>"THE VILLAINS ARE COMING"
>"YOU'RE THE ONLY YOUNG FEMALE IN AN ENTIRE SCHOOL THAT WE CAN TRUST WITH THIS"
>"no pressure though your call"

What they did was just barely a step up from forcing her.

>was hoping for the generic "Businessman father who loves his kids deep down but doesn't know how to show it" weekend afternoon family movie type end with him reconciling with his children
>moment he slapped her I knew it was not to be
a damn shame, I hate one dimensional evil characters, its just lazy.

What was it that he said there again? "It'd be wise to listen to father."? Wise as in Weiss? Maybe he had a double meaning and was trying to tell her something?

It was still a rather inappropriate reaction. I could forgive it in Episode 3 if she thought he was stalking her, but even if she thought he was eavesdropping (I don't. I think he just freaked out and ran into the door like an idiot), that's a bit of an overreaction.

well I'd say you're an idiot who can't put two and two together

It's pressuring, not forcing. She still had a final choice in the matter. Jaune could be justified in saying the pressured her into doing it, but not that they forced her.

FUCK YOU I DIDN'T NOTICE IT BEFORE

"Its foolish not to do as father asks."

Does anyone feel like Ruby is very weak as a protagonist? Not weak as in in power level, but weak as a character. The whole silver-eyed thing felt really forced, as if the creators were saying "L-Look, she's the main character guise!". I don't find her personality or weapon particularly interesting, either.

I don't hate her at all, it's just that I feel her position as a main character is...unjustified? Awkward? I hope future chapters prove me wrong.

RWBY artists proving once again to be the masters of perception

I have heard that, if when they finish the RWBY story, people still want more stories from Remnant they'd do another series. Honestly I'd love a post-Salem's defeat story about the next generation of students going to a rebuilt Beacon, complete with the old cast showing up to be as badass as the adults are in the show now
Plus, its RT's motto at the end of the day; If you like it, we'll keep making it
I know you're lying. But I'm still angry at even the insinuation
Also her whole speech from Dance, people have been putting pressure on Pyrrha all her life, Ozpin (knowingly or not) took advantage of that and pressured her into agreeing

Jaune's reaction wasn't retarded at all. It's normal and he just reacted to that fast. After Qrow corrected him, he realized it as well. Jaune acted pretty level well this episode at least. Could've gone a lot lot worse. The best part is when Jaune said he was using Ruby as bait and Qrow didn't outright deny it.
Thinking someone else forced the person you care about into doing whattheu anted is normal.

It's a pretty common scene you'd see
>You just forced him into doing this
>No , dad/mom, it was my choice

Honestly, Qrow ysing Ruby as bait to lure out one of Salem's goons was something no one thought of and at least shows some of Jaune's "tactical" side which was nice. I wonder if he'd do the same.

The slimmest hope I have is that Ironwood is on a first name basis with him, which implies that they were friends at some point, and if Ironwood saw something worth being friends with in Jacques then maybe there's hope for him. Even if they do go that route, I doubt anyone else will forgive him for that slap, even if it was literally the first and only time he did it.

She really needs more development as her personality is pretty flat compared to the others of team RWBY

I was somewhat hoping they wrap up RWBY by Vol13 or something and then move on to doing side-story deals.

Just call it Remnant or something instead and focus on telling us about the Old War, or recreating myths in rwby-style with random characters. Honestly, you're right in that the series is ripe with material to steal from to kep going nigh forever.

Jaune has a heater shield, and a knightly sword?

Or is the hilt too long to be that?

Its because the whole "she's a static character!" thing where she doesn't develop her character and personality at all, PLUS any of her old personality traits like her love of weapons and social awkwardness were dropped leaving her really bland.
She's just lucky she's cute otherwise people would have dropped this show long time ago.

It will turn out that he has this totally awesome plans for the company that he wanted Winter and Weiss to see once they took over, but they kept fucking up and getting disowned.

I'd watch the life and times of Nicholas Schnee

It's because everything is about Jaune

Qrow just gave the talk revealing the big bad and the entire conversation was dominated by how butthurt Jaune was about his girlfriend getting mixed up in and killed

Yeah she's pretty bad. She had a real bad showing this ep where she didn't really do muh but look sad.

Jaune and Blake we got something out of this episode.

But Ruby was kinda flat.

It's been like that since the beginning mate.
She's lucky she's cute.

I wish they didnt drop her love of weapons