Blade runner is a shit film and so boring

>blade runner is a shit film and so boring
>the sequel is so much better and the best sequel ever
When did you finally realize that these two were huge hacks?

when mike kept making fun of fat retards while him being fat and having an "interest" in ghost

Sneed lol

Stop watching them then.

TFA review

Do you ever get tired of making thr ads to bitch about these guys despite obsessively watching every new video they put out?

I fucking hated his Plinkett review.
I was expecting Mike to realize TFA was shit after giving it some thought.
Instead, he spent half the Plinkett review bitching about the prequels and giving TFA a pass.

That's because that video wasn't a review of TFA

When I finished high school and realized I didn't need two e-celebs to tell me what I should think

I don't care. I wanted him to shit all over TFA!

When did you realize that people can hold different opinions?

Never took these guys too seriously, but I wish they would they stick to what they're good at - funny conversations and jokes. Jay sometimes comes off as smug because, unlike Mike, he really seems to think he understands films and has a high standard, when in reality he's a clueless chump.

Do you always get this butthurt when internet critics don't validate your opinion?

yes

A different opinion is fine. I read lots of critics who have different opinions than my own. But RLM's opinions are poorly argued and often miss the point, such as Jay complaining that Deckard is an asshole.

>I don't have a problem with different opinions except for when I have a problem with different opinions

Which is not what I said. Are you retarded by any chance? Or just pretending to be retarded?

>Of course it looks better since it was made today

Neither of them think the original is shit.

Also, the new film is much better.

Make more threads about this menial bullshit instead of detailing your opinions in a concise, substantial way. We all love it.

>tfw no hologram Jay who is in love with me

It's pretty clear what he meant by that. Digital effects are more seamless than opticals. You can see hard matte lines around the flying cars and shit in the original film.

Welcome to every RLM thread. They're always this autistic. It's dumb faggots that like RLM and clearly watch every video but have to pretend to hate them so they don't look like fanboys.

Honestly, I enjoyed 2049 more overall, but there was nothing in that movie that could hold a candle to the "tears in rain" scene from the original.

It's 90% of what made the original so iconic.

Jay clearly does but doesn't have the guts to say it openly so he instead repeats all the time blade runner is named how he "understands it" and "appreciate it" but doesn't see anything special in it UNLIKE all those other people

I mean, I have criticisms too, but most of what I ever see in these threads is completely overblown bullshit.

And yeah, I'm a fanboy. I think Jay is a pretentious jerk without the ability of introspection a lot of time, and think that Mike shifts between indifference to hypomania depending on the genre and not the quality of the film. But I like them and think they offer their opinions in an honest and thoughtful way. I'll not stop watching their videos because TH-THEY DISAGREED WITH M-ME!

>clearly
Lol shut up you dumb faggot. It is possible to respect a movie you don't particularly like. What are you even babbling about?

And your opinion is consistent with most of the opinions in the thread, namefag.
Their thoughts on Blade Runner were pretty dumb, user. I understand they don't actually consider it to be a "shit" movie.

Fuck off brainlet, not my fault you are autistic and don't understand people

Mike and Jay cannot and do not articulate nor elaborate on their opinions. The most they do is make blanket statements and refer back to one or two scenes. "Boring" is a baseless statement on its own - back up, you dumb hacks.

And you can see the half-assed rendered CGI that stands out like a cartoon. The computerized color grading that doesn't exist in natural lighting. And so on, etc. Jay is a spewing imbecile.

Alright, I'll bite. What has Jay ever done or said that would give you the impression he secretly "hates" BR instead of feels about it how he's articulated he feels about it?

>"Boring" is a baseless statement on its own - back up, you dumb hacks
Which they do. Mike literally calls the original Blade Runner boring and then immediately after spends the next couple minutes breaking down exactly why someone would think it's boring. Maybe you're too busy sifting through their words to find context-less phrases they say that you can then post on Sup Forums and ignore the rest of their discussion?

The fact that it had to be remade so many fucking times over 20 shows what a clusterfuck the first one was.

>And your opinion is consistent with most of the opinions in the thread, namefag.
No it isn't, because I don't overblow it by dehumanising them and painting them as exaggerated caricatures with no intellectual value or merit. Especially when posts like this shamelessly oversimplify the content of their reviews while hypocritically claiming that Mike and Jay shamelessly oversimplify the content of the movies they review. Everybody on this board who overlooks this nonsense is stupid and silly.

>It is possible to respect a movie you don't particularly like.
It is, but in order to do that, you must in some way appreciate what other people see in the movie. Something Jay doesn't when it comes to Blade Runner, beyond visuals and special effects.

>remade
Welcome to the thread. You're a fixing idiot.

>>blade runner is a shit film and so boring
Wait is this what they actually believe? Because I agree 100% holy fuck Blade Runner is dull as shit.

20 years fuckssake

Lol yes he does! Why even bother saying dumb shit like this that has no basis in reality when anyone can just watch their videos and see what they're really saying?

No that's the hyperbolic, removed-from-context, oversimplifies version of what they said, which is what one weird user is doing over and over in this thread.

He says there's not much of a story and that Deckard is just a boring asshole. He much rather would have had Batty as the protagonist. This is missing the point in way I'd expect to see in an imdb review, and he clearly doesn't really understand what other people find compelling about Blade Runner.

umm sweetie he likes Lynch and he liked VVitch he's just better than you ok

>Do you always get this butthurt when internet critics don't validate your opinion?

For me with that review the problem was that it wasn't funny.
TFA is also shit, but I didn't need them to tell me that, I just wanted them to make with the humor.

he also can't shut up about it and has to be sure everyone knows his opinion about Blade Runner
I was baffled when he was able to sneak it even in of the audio commentary they have

Yeah it's weird that he would voice his opinion on Blade Runner in their videos that are about Blade Runner. Why can't he talk about something else in those videos??

>then immediately after spends the next couple minutes breaking down exactly why someone would think it's boring
Yeah, "It's boring because Harrison Ford, and also unrealistic romance". Then some more unfounded statements and pointless observations. Brilliant.

The original Blade Runner is like Akira, absolutely insane film to look at and groundbreaking, but the story doesn't work and it is astoundingly a boring film (and I'm a Tarkovsky fan saying this ffs) and Harrison Ford is blatantly phoning it in.

Whenever I ask blade runner fans why the first film is so good, it's always

1: Tears in the Rain (yes okay great monologue)
2: The Visuals.

one scene and visuals do not make a film though.

Jay is pretty pretentious with his opinions. Mike will like pleb shit, but he gives his reasons for it and is funny & entertaining. Jay thinks he has taste, but lacks the ability to truly analyze films beyond surface level matters. A lot of his complaints for the original Blade Runner come from him just misunderstanding various narrative threads and moments.

Hell, Mike can better analyze media for mass audiences, just look at the Plinkett reviews.

Maybe you should actually watch the video and pay attention to the things being said. Mike doesn't say anything about Harrison Ford or the romance.

You can't help but namedrop Tarkovsky in every thread, can you?