How would you fix all these channels?

How would you fix all these channels?

Let them be, and watch everything later on streaming websites.

This is the only answer

And buy home releases to support the creators if they did a good job

>W-why doesn't my new favorite show have a second season?!

There are multiple reasons why a show wouldn't get a second season

Regardless, Rebels is on season 3. I bought the bluray releases and I feel like I made a fair contribution.

Oh well, onto the next show.

XD: Give good shows more than 2 seasons if they deserve it.

>Nick
Fire Scheider, cancel Spongebob

>Disney
Get rid of the tween coms and air more cartoons.

>XD
Make it Basic Cable and once it wraps up, adapt Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and air it only on XD.

>CN
Cancel and remove TTG from circulation, have Adult Swim start at 9 or 10, never reboot another classic Cartoon cartoon unless it's one you wrote of for tax purposes (Symbionic Megas anyone?), and don't listen to Tumblr EVER.

Cn stop giving ttgo all the air time and get new shows and make sure they are away from death slots.

CN

>Can Nu-PPG
>air TTG a lot less often
>give equal air time to each current show
>air some reruns of older shows

>XD

Fucking cancer get

I agree its better to go outdoors than watch kids cartoons all day. Thanks for linking to a thread that promotes that lifestyle.

stop

>Nickolodean
replace most if not all shows with goody, wacky type shenanigans. And no show goes over 5 seasons ever again
>cn
all superhero or action-comedy shows. This, plus some edgier stuff around AS time
>XD
XTREME shows/ more mystery shit like GF
>Disney
its already dead

>Pic related
What the hell is that ?

Like Disney's gonna take another chance at adapting toku again.

unlikely idea: give them actual competition with a new network

instead of them just keeping undercutting one another

It's Kamen Rider ExAid. Do you not watch Kamen Rider? What are you gay?

2bh Ex-Aid looks incredibly gay.

It has been pretty good. First episode was kind of weak but once you hit 5 it's non stop hype express. Already killed two main characters off.

Turn off my TV and watch Netflix

Yeah good idea. We can call it The Hub!

Here's my ideas for the Nick family of channels as a whole.
>Stop airing sports on Nicktoons bring back Nick GaS instead.
>Merge Nicktoons with The Splat
>Move Ricky Dicky Dawn, Henry Danger and Game Shakers to Teen Nick.
>Use Nick to exclusively air new animated programming.

CN
>Air more action orientated stuff
>remove TTG
>Give it Dan Vs, and bring back Uncle Grandpa
>Adult Swim can be experimental and artsy, but keep toonami and Rick & Morty around
>make sunday be the Boomerang Day, where they air only old toons (from 50s to 2000's
dis-XD
>Basic Cable based
>air jap-shit intermixed with new original cartoons that will test the waters for more mature audiences (teenagers/young adults)
>Change the name back to Jetix
Disney
>Remove all tween-coms
>make new cartoons based off recent movies
>new original content
Nick
>what said
>make more toons

merge into one big channel. put your budget into 1-2 new shows each year per company. fill the rest with reruns.

Canceling Spongebob won't do anything, just let them know that shows don't need to be as successful as it to survive and do well

This is a good idea. Just make Teen Nick basic cable and move most of the live action to there would be all those channels need desu

All three top tier networks begin programs to develop new talent and showcase new properties like What a Cartoon did.

No one show constitutes a majority of the lineup.

Cartoon Network -

Toonami resurrected as a daytime weekday slot and move the longer running shows like DBZ Kai and One Piece over onto it. The Saturday night block gets rebranded as Toonami: Midnight Run and keeps programming oriented to older viewers.

Adult Swim is pushed back to ten o'clock so that Cartoon Network can have primetime slots back. Shows are consistently scheduled again; no more bombs and no premiere episodes at 5-5:30.

Nickelodeon -

The network's most successful years were based on nostalgia and Nicktoons. Both of those are prioritized.

Disney -

Disney XD is rebranded completely; there's no need for Disney Channel and Diet Disney Channel. Most new programming is shifted over to the main channel and replace with classic Disney programming; essentially a mixture of Toon Disney and Vault Disney. Same deal with Boomerang and NickToons.

Nick did revive its shorts program this year which makes me really hopeful

>Toonami resurrected as a daytime weekday slot and move the longer running shows like DBZ Kai and One Piece over onto it. The Saturday night block gets rebranded as Toonami: Midnight Run and keeps programming oriented to older viewers.

There's really no reason to resurrect Toonami. You can just air the same shows without the block packaging because kids do not give one shit about Toonami as a brand. There's no reason to try to recreate early 00s CN down to the letter.

As for Nick, keep the live-action. It's core to their brand and always has been. It's part of their formula for success. They just have to stop letting any one creator or IP get a death grip on the schedule. A mix of new blood and genuine diversity in creators & content is what helped Nick keep thriving over its first 20+ years. It'll be what brings it back to its glory for the next 20+. Also key is actively engaging with its audience. Getting kids directly involved with everything from audience participation to community action was also what made Nick special.

Haven't they had their shorts program going for a few years now? I remember Amid Amidi bitching about how pointless it was that it even existed on multiple occasions.

Well, I dont know, maybe it has been on and off then. Also obligatory fuck Amid comment.

Also forgot that, even though we grew up with Nicktoons Nick, the generation before us grew up with a mostly live action one. SO this is just the ebb and flow of the channel. Right now, I have the most faith in them going forward, ironically

Because the Shorts Program won't accomplish fucking nothing if the Network decides to keep airing Spongebob and FOP instead of giving those time slots to their new content.

We were supposedly getting a new cartoon called "Welcome to Wayne" or some shit this year, but nothing happened.

Late night shotacon animated shows.

You mean Spongebob and the Loud House.

Yeah, thanks for the correction.
Nick loves milking the shit out of two big shows instead of having multiple big opportunities. I know their strategy works for the money and merchandising, but in the end it gets boring.

It seems to work for everyone, which is a shame.

Technically, its 3 since they also push Alvin, but I see what you mean

CN
I wouldn't scrap TTG, because some people enjoy it. What I would do is stop shilling it so hard. Cut down on it's scheduled time blocks.

Bring back shows like sym-bionic titan. Try and make an appeal with the US Government to get the rights to Megas XLR back.

I would entirely scrap the new PPG, and reboot the reboot to be more to the source material.

Bring back the old school action block, and understand that not everything needs to be comedy.

No more of this hiatus bullshit with the shows. I've had it with the "We'll air five, 11 minute episodes in a week and go on break for 6 months," bullshit. Also speaking of 11 minute episodes, I'd push to get rid of the single 11 minute episode shit that's come about, and go back to the classic 23 minute block featuring either two new 11 minute episodes, or one 23 minute long episode.

And lastly: fuck merchandise. Sales of a toy shouldn't dictate the life of a show.

I really don't fuck with Disney or Nick, but the one thing I gotta say about NIck that I love is the fact that they are showing all the old 90's shit in some fashion. I don't care that it's not on the main channel, it's just nice to have the ability to watch some of these things.

Yeah. I know people get tired of 90s nostalgia. But the 90s wasn't great because of the quality of its cartoons, which is quite frankly highly debatable, but rather the sheer volume of shows and the unparalleled variety of those shows.

There was always something for everyone. And enough for everyone that they didn't have to pin their hopes on any one show being some kind of masterpiece.

I want that back at least. I could give a shit if there's another "golden age" to be had but I desperately want a return to the conditions that gave rise to that notion

>I'd push to get rid of the single 11 minute episode shit that's come about, and go back to the classic 23 minute block featuring either two new 11 minute episodes, or one 23 minute long episode.

I actually kind of prefer the 11 minute episodes. They're short enough that it's easy to sit through an entire one, but you can always binge a few of them if you want more.

Young Justice and Green Lantern were the top rated shows on CN once upon a time but were still canceled. Shows can be canceled even if they're successful

incorporate thicc channel tans as mascots of each channel.

>remove TTG

Will people ever stop being butthurt about this show simply because it's not like the original? If it literally had nothing to do with TT I bet most of you wouldn't even be bothered by it

>Nick
Cancel Spongebob or at least stop letting it hog all the important time slots. The only reason the other shows don't make as much money as Spongebob is because they're not given the chance to make money.

>Disney Ecks Dee
Tone down with the XTREME 'TUDE shows and allow more action/adventure shows to come in.

>CN
Stop letting TTG hog all the time slots like Spongebob. Kill off nuPPG for good. Find another artstyle to force onto shows since discount AT is tiresome nowadays.

>Disney
Play more animated films or something, IDK. Stop making shitty sitcoms, but don't stop making sitcoms altogheter. Just git gud.

How do thy know exactly how many people watch each episode?

>Welcome to Wayne
Welcome to the Wayne, and it was originally a web-series that got promoted to Nick. Apparently it will begin airing this year

Nielsen cable machines and algorithms to assess views the best way possible.

There is no way to accurately know how many people watch a given show. Nielson ratings come from select homes that have a box that sends data to the nielson center that records what specific homes watch at any given time

I would do nothing since tv is a dying medium and all three of these networks are dominated with the cheap programming they have now due to reduced budgets, ad revenue, and viewership. It's best to just milk what I can get out of the dying cow and then move on.

Oh, so if you're not in one of the "sample families" (or whatever), whether you watch a show or not won't really influence the network's decision to cancel or continue said show?

Cut all the live action bullshit on all 4 channels. It's all crap shows. all of them. all of them are bullshit sitcoms focused for kids and their stupid parents.

Indeed, only homes with machines are counted. It's the classical statistics problem: You will never be able to sample an entire distribution, only a portion of it (just like what happens with elections).
But fear not, as Nielsen machines represent the average majority with good confidence, so data is as realistic as possible.

Thanks for explaining this to me guys.

Wasn't there a Simpsons episode about this?

CN
>Stop reboots
>Give Go like a 3rd or 4th of its current air time
>Giving Adult swim its own channel by taking boomerang
>Play older shows late at night.
>Possibly some contest like the old make a cartoon
>Air action cartoons
>Over seas anime for kids

Nick
>Cut down on SpongeBob
>Take most live action stuff
>Cancel F.O.P
>Don't screw over their own shows
>Air action cartoons
>Don't dump everything on nicktoons

Disney
>Cancel almost all of the live action shows
>Make cartoons on main channel

Disney XD
>Basic cable
>Air old shows

Online streaming is the future, but in the short term, there are some things that networks could do to improve their standing. one thing is that they should give new shows or current shows with news seasons being made predictable schedules. If an upcoming show or a new season of a show is 90-100% complete, then, barring holidays or special events, have that show air at a specific time on a specific day of the week until it's over. Trying to keep up with the premieres of Gravity Falls episodes was a miserable experience, and hiatuses are bullshit.

I'd also like to see networks put their older shows up on online streaming platforms. I would love to see the likes of Gargoyles, Tailspin, and Dexter's Lab readily available somewhere like Hulu, Netflix, or wherever. It would build good will, at least.

>How would you fix all these channels?

Stop letting adults watch them.