Beauty and the Beast 1991

The enchantress is kind of a bitch. She cursed a teenager and transformed him into a monster because he didn't let an ugly old lady into his castle? He's a fucking teenager, give him a break, lady.

They're both wrong.
The Enchantress for giving him such a severe curse.
The prince for not letting a poor old woman take shelter from the freezing cold.

It was winter and a snowstorm, the prince essentially left the old woman out to die. Feudal obligation and shit.

Also wasn't she the enchantress?

Being hospitable is such a virtue in old times that being the opposite or even indifferent gets you cursed, punished, or smote

Dude's a prince. He was being cautious because someone from a rival kingdom could have smoked his ass in his own house.

>teenager

The prince was 11.

Fairies do not even need a good excuse to fuck someone's life up for good.

He's just lucky she wasn't upset about not being invited to a party and cursing someone to die over it.

>Morality
>In people with nigh unmatchable and unreproachable magic power

That would be bad etiquette and just wasn't done. If someone invited you into their house and shared their food with you, you basically weren't allowed to hurt them no matter what bad blood between you or what sort of vile offense they may have done you in the past. Breaking that code would earn you an even worse cursing.

Never noticed how ugly Belle is before.

One frame she's Quasimodo...

...the next she's Generic Disney Girl #815

Shouldn't that have just applied to adults? The guy was just a kid, and I'm sure even in those times you don't allow kids to invite strangers into their home.

But she was always generic Disney girl.

dem lips

No consistency in her character model though

>I've never read an european fairy tale before

There is still the problem of some curse casting magical bitch roaming around north France somewhere. Shouldn't the townsfolk and local Lord really want to do something about it? Before she makes a few more victims?

This joke flew over my head as a kid

How? Were you 2?

Gaston did nothing wrong except discharge a firearm in the middle of a busy street

Gaston did nothing wrong except swipe Belle's book

Right becuase having an old lady in the house would be a threat when he would also have an ARMY OF ARMED GUARDS!

Oh my God why is Belle's face so fucking inconsistent?

I've always hated Belle.

One of the worst cases of Stupid Disney Princess(TM) syndrome where she drones on and on about wanting more and we're supposed to see her as some kind of special snow flake because she's not like the other girls for the sole reason she likes to read but ultimately does fuck all but fall in love but come down with text book Stockholm syndrome

Isn't it kind of disgusting to drink out of a sentient teacup or shove your arm into a sentient closet?

This guy is losing internal organs like it's no big deal. Magic.

Gaston is not very careful with his money.

How do you think the sentient chamber pot feels?

in the original tale, the prince's mother left him in the care of an evil fairy. So she pretty much set the whole situation up by leaving evil magic beings in charge of her castle and child.

Was it rape?

dem lips man

Crying girls are got

Gaston is so strong he can SHATTER METAL MUGS.

The yellow one is licking her lips

Thanks, Disney

Thank you, Disney

I'm sure she's utterly humiliated fanfic please

Gotta post this one too

Gaston owns the local pub, huh? That's pretty cool.

He was enough of an adult to make his own damn decisions, user. The idea of anything past 13 =/= adult is a fairly recent invention. .

OH NO, I'M INEXPLICABLY INFLATING AGAIN!

He really is a primadonna.

DO IT FAGGOT

holy shit

The cropping is a bit annoying in some scenes. At least movies from the 90s onward were made in CAPS so there's no danger of having them "digitally restored"... but they'll never be released in anything better than FHD.

>I have no idea what inbetweens are
The post.

Was it rape?

Some of those are held poses. Her face changes dramatically from shot to shot even in held poses, not only inbetweens. But thanks for playing.

Shitty.

>I've been proven wrong, but I'll smugly dismiss it with lies

Why does she get eyes and a mouth and those guys get nothing?

Go be bitter and wrong somewhere else. This isn't an >opinion, some of those are held poses and Belle's face clearly changes in design from shot to shot.

Wanna eat some pot puke?

ANACHRONISM

Belle is really into snowbaling

Whoa you're right.

So.

The enchantress disguised herself as an ugly old lady, offered a flower in exchange for room and board, and an 11-year-old boy declined to take her up on her offer.

HE DESERVES TO BE CURSED AND TURNED INTO A HIDEOUS BEAST!

Intelligent, nihilistic, and has a wicked sense of humor

>I wilfully traded myself as a prisoner
>explicitly forbidden from entering the west wing
>oh here's a magical flower protected by a glass dome
>I'll just take it off and...

What a cunt.

OH MY GOD WHAT A CUNT

I like the theory that whereas all the characters with faces are people turned into objects, all the objects without faces were just furniture and shit before the enchantment, and were magicked into moving around and stuff, but don't really have souls.

It explains why the castle is still fully furnished even after the spell is broken, and how there wasn't an unreasonable amount of servants all over the place before and after.

he was hotter as the beast desu

>owo whats this

Of course you haven't, you've been locked away in the castle since you were 11 years old.

im lurking itt
whats up with the title of those file names? french version?

BDRip of the 2010 version, pretty faithful to the theatrical version except the aspect ratio and a tiny bit of color fiddling (but not a lot). This is probably the definite version since Disney's CAPS output video in 2K, so the original master is more or less FHD quality, except it's 16-bit color instead of 8-bit like the blu-rays.

So the only thing to look forward to in future releases is better color gamut and depth (10 or 12 bit, DCI-P3) and HDR (possibly, but not likely; can't think of anywhere this cartoon will benefit from HDR)

dem lips

They added a song that was recorded in 1991 but animated in the 2000s. Looks very out of place.

I see, thanks for the details

Whatcha got there, letters?

How about you break that window that's right in front of you. Jesus.

Hey yea, ain't the enchantress related to the fairies from Sleeping Beauty? I vaguely recall some weird bullshit like that.

BONER

>implying you weren't acting smug about the in-between claims

You also fucked up the greentext with "the post", dipshit.

I'll ask deviantart

>FUCK YOU, BARRY!
>EAT MY DICK, PAT!

Was it rape?

If they were German, probably very fulfilled.

Why is there a burnt ginderbread man with a backscratcher for an arm spanking that man?

I guess. I thought you'd need the internet to become so desensitized that you find a duster erotic.

>brazzers

What if any of the servants had boned in their object forms?

And just how old was Chip? He sounded like 8-9, but we know the curse was laid 10 years before.

Continuity guy, you had ONE JOB.

>AND FUCK YOUR SERVANTS TOO

It's not even the same door.

Given the implications that the Prince/Beast was basically raised by them, they pretty much are at fault for his shitty behavior.

Unless of course his parents spoiled his ass and then careened off a cliff.

your low expectations are the reason teenagers are shits
in this time, and in all sensible times, young men were expected to stop being a selfish asshole and start taking responsibility at around the time their dick started working

HE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD

Did they ever mention where his parents are? Was the prince the actual ruler of France in whatever alternate universe this takes place in? Was he an illegitimate child and given his own castle away from the king in order to keep him out of the public eye?

That doesn't excuse shitty behavior, nor does shitty behavior just come with that age range.

Doubt he was THE prince of France, just a high enough noble to have such a title.

I mean, how the hell would the country's ruler turning into a monster go undetected?

Have you ever spent time around children?

They're all assholes at that age. I was, you were, it's nothing to do with your upbringing, you're trying to find your place in the world, pushing boundaries is part of that.

I'm sorry to hear about your non-functioning penis user.

So let's think about this.
You're eleven years old, your parents aren't home, and some old lady knocks on the door and says "can I stay the night"?

The kid got punished for not talking to strangers.

Man I hope you're not an enchantress going around cursing 11-year-old boys and turning them into baras.

That's a really huge generalization. Being jerks some of the time doesn't mean they're jerks all the time. I worked with kids for 4 years and some were good, some were bad. It has a LOT to do with upbringing. Bad or negligent parents often have bad kids.

If the parents aren't doing a good job, sure. Kids aren't just naturally assholes for no reason.