ITT We try and make a Cyborg movie

WB sure as hell doesnt know what to do with him, can you think of a way to make people in seats without essentially ripping off Robocop? Or should they even bother seeing how his comic material needs more time to be fleshed out? Maybe a good movie would even help out his comic counterpart. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GqBM-RrprfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>without essentially ripping off Robocop
Rip off the Big Guy?
youtube.com/watch?v=GqBM-RrprfY

Does Vic have any fucken villains?

He's basically made up of a Mother Box right?

Use him as a launchpad for New Gods stuff. Kalibak, Kanto or whoever they want to use comes to earth to take back the Mother Box, Mr Miracle or Orion saves him and gets him involved in the New Genesis vs Apokolips conflict.

I still can't believe it's been 5 years since the new 52 and that Cyborg still feels more like a piece of furniture than a character.

Havent kept up with his solo book lately, but there was Grid in Forever Evil. Dont really have to tie him to the Crime Syndicate for him to work
Mother Box upgrade was a mistake

Grid from the Crime Syndicate? He is like a super tyrannical surveillance machine, but he started as just a program that took over Cyborg's body.

Use Brother Blood as the villain.

Well, that's kinda dull.

No. It cannot be done. A movie starring a dickless unattractive black dude trapped in a CGI tin can.

His solo movie will become a Teen Titans movie with Nightwing, Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy. Maybe Blue Beetle too.

>Grid
>Aliens that look like him
>????
Why re they even bothering? If they wanted a token black person, why didn't they get someone more popular like Vixen or BlackLightning whom by the way were already Leaguers?

>WB sure as hell doesnt know what to do with him
And if you do, why are you unemployed?

Like Deus Ex, but black

His new ongoing has been trying to give him an actual cast, villains, and arch nemesis.
It's written by the guy who was in charge of Spider-Man TAS

>It's written by the guy who was in charge of Spider-Man TAS

wow really?

2nding that it's a good book though. Pleasant surprise and i actually feel kinda bad stealing it

From his new run he has an Unnamed Archenemy, Kilg%re (originally a Flash rogue), Variant (Female Cyborg, maybe an antivillain), and Malware (physical and literal Malware that can infect Vic).
I didn't read the previous run.

What are his comicbooks like? (INB4 boring. Of course I Know this) do they actually talk about the technology? Show him getting upgrades to face off against different enemies he's lost to?

Apparently both runs begin with
>muh humanity
Current run has Vic regain memories, hang out with disabled people, live in Detroit, and has everyone speak in corny silver age dialogue so far.

I'd make it noir style. Have him in Detroit dealing with crime and shit.

>Basically not the classic "Oh I got power. Oh now i'm finding out what my powers do while finding myself!"
>He has had his powers for a few years
>He's fully aware of his capabilities however something went wrong and now he's in an impoverished crime ridden Detroit
>He doesn't have the mental of various scientist to help him maintain his abilities and life style
>Because of this, his entire purpose throughout the film is to constantly keep himself charged and manage his powers(This is to limit him from going all out God-Cyborg mode and using monster defeating technological powers on low-level thugs.) While also protecting the citizens of Detroit from trouble makers.

He also has to have a trench coat. Cyborg in a trench coat would be pretty dope 2bh famalam.

Black Lightning had rights issues. Creator Tony Isabella always stated that his creation was not the standard work-for-hire situation, and while DC owns the character they would apparently have to pay money to Tony if he appears in other media (hence why Black Vulcan exists for Superfriends). Things between DC and Isabella are better now, they've reprinted his old Black Lightning book for the first time last year, but that was long after Cyborg got a movie.

Vixen, I can only assume they thought Cyborg's powers would connect with today's audiences more than Vixen's, which aren't very visually interesting.

Like they've got any villains.

>Like they've got any villains.
it can be tho. The Brave and the Bold made it look cool

Just make a Swamp thing movie, but with Cyborg in star labs instead of a creature in the Swamp. The growing digital world would make for a great setting instead of a black robot guy catching ordinary thieves. Cyborg is the first avatar since modern day technology has started developing at incredible rate only in the past half a century.

hell yeah

>well known characters like vixen and black lightning
Both are literally who for most people. Black lightning would be called a static ripoff if he was ever put in the JL movie.

They could just use Static. Static would do numbers. The hype alone would be incredible for publicity.

Just tease him in a trailer like Marvel did Spidey.

the white devil

Make a Hardware movie instead.

Static
t
a
t
i
c

Literally has A-list hero potential. Everything about Static would make for a better solo film. The fucking boom babies. The social message. The bad guys. All that shit is waiting for DC to merchandise off of.

Static could be Spidey Tier. Have tons of Static toys and shit to sell to kiddos. Have another Cartoon.

Static is shit tho. His new 52 comic was dumpster fire.

Yes. His NEW 52. Just base Static off of the cartoon and shit. That's what people remember him from anyway. Sarcastic lil' douche bag who's also lovable.

Make the movie a soft origin story if possible, show him hating being alive and a tool for the special forces (think thing from f4) and then he meets starfire, Robin, a green or red dog and together they save raven, the dog can only shift between beasts, no boy yet.

That's the first half, the next half would be one year later, cyborg has become close friends with the Teen Titans, and they have worked in the shadows to keep their city safe, but now, on Raven's birthday, something is causing her intense pain.

Cyborg and the green dog have to journey through the source of raven's magic, to save her mind, as the military, robin and starfire contain the situation, when raven finally is saved, cyborg and the green dog escape, but the dog slowly starts shifting into a green boy, but just as it all seems to be closed up, raven expels a massive wave of magic and her father, a titanic being the city can't help but notice, begins to reach from the hellish clouds above, but with the team's combined wills, raven manages to seal the "portal to hell" and the team saves the day, cyborg bellows "boo-yah!" As they finally are done saving the city and the Teen Titans are now a public training ground for young Justice.

Sequel tease, Blackfire teleports into the middle of the Titan tower and says "hello sis" before trying to kill the team.

Sequel idea, blackfire and her alien fleet have conquered the titan's city, but cyborg and robin escaped being transported to the mothership, and now split their ways to get help, this takes place just after MoS, and now cyborg has a lone wolf movie where he goes on a more epic adventure style journey while robin goes to gotham to get batman's help, but when robin appears, he dies.

Now cyborg scours the earth for legends, hunting for something starfire mentioned was on earth, bu told blackfire was in the city, a swashbuckling e, but with a big clunky bad ass filling the indy role, when he finds the ancient thing, he has to choose to kill all the tamarainians or let them conquer earth.

- The original Cyborg story said that Vic wanted to be an Olympian after graduating, and with his movie slated to come out in 2020, it just goes together. Hell, have the movie end with Vic lighting the torch.

-Give him a support team to develop his character and explain the tech to Vic and therefore he audience. If it works for Arrow and Flash, it'll work for him.

-Cyborg's father should be abrasive to him, thinking his son is a meathead wasting his potential, but eventually give way to trust in his son's decisions over combat protocol.

-His villain should be Dr. Tom Morrow and Amazo, which he beats using the one thing he can't copy, his motherbox's teleportation ability. He should be going all nightcrawler when he masters it.

-Cyborg should be charismatic when in public, but more melancholy when he's alone, lamenting all of the things he can't do anymore. This movie's plot should eventually lead to Cyborg realizing that even though his body has limits, his heart doesn't.

Notice how people only care about Cyborg when he's on a team (ironically not the Justice League)? Anyway, best options for a movie are AMAZO or Grid. Focus on Vic having a mental breakdown constantly having a stream of information being fed into his head. Not really resenting his robotic half, but trying to do more as Vic than the machine. Also bring back his love of football. For some reason he just dropped that aspect completely post transformation

This isn't a bad idea. T O Morrow ain't a bad Cyborg rival.

>Read it as "blackfire and her alien feet"
>caught my interest
>read on, completely lost interest.

Im liking the T.O. Morrow/Amazo, but Id hate for them to abuse the Boom Tubes. Its part of the reason hes shit right now, being the gloried bus/iphone of the Justice League. One thing Vic could do is keep re-configuring himself every time Amazo adapts. Like a rock paper scissors kind of thing. Remember in Young Justice where Amazo could only do one metahuman at a time?

make a new teen titans movie and then have him leave the team for the justice league at the end

booyah!

I say they just make him like he was in Flashpoint. Have Cyborg be the one metahuman the government trusts and he gets missions straight from the annoying orange himself. Have him work with a few agents like Faraday King or maybe the Metal Men and give him a a couple of love interests on the good and bad side. It's Ironman meets James Bond. That old Titans episode where he infiltrated Hive is along the lines I'm thinking.

Is it bad that I miss the TT villains they had Vic up against? I mean the Hive and Brother Blood are kind of lesser knowns in DC but they are better than the current crop of bad guys he has now imho.

we failed but at least we tried

Just make it Batfleck vs Cyborg: Booyah Begins

DC doesn't own Static

DC doesn't own Static

Static's a kid though. He wouldn't fit in with the Justice League