Why?

Why?

I too would like to know why

Different raw materials and machines. An exact look wasn't a priority.

Because Neal Adams is too in love with digital art. IIRC Neal himself have did the reworked versions

Is it true there's some kind of technical problem with reprinting the Bronze Batman comics?

Adams re-inked and recolored all of this to make it more like his current stuff, it's an odd stance to have and seems very pointless given how much work had to go into it but I guess he really cares about his work having a consistent look even if they're decades apart

Somebody should do the opposite, take new comics and recolor them in an old style

well newsprint paperstock has natural bleeding when it comes to coloring, so when you reprint old comics with new glossy paper that doesn't have that problem, along with some instances the restoration process also involves "fixing" the color levels, you end with a comic that looks like shit.

This shit is exactly why I refuse to buy new reprints of Neal's Batman run and stick with the Showcase volumes. Looks absolutely horrible.

Too bad after over a decade of waiting the Showcase line stopped exactly in the middle of O'Neil / Adams Batman run.

HAHAHAH FUCK ME RIGHT, DC? HAHAHAHH

Wait they stopped the Showcase line?

Not officially but yes. I don't think there are any future releases on deck.

They're replacing them with the pic related line which separates the stories by "age" which a retardedly vague system that will get them into to trouble in a few years just so they can scrap it and start AGAIN at the beginning and never reprint 90% of their comics.

The Marvel Epic Collection line is perfection. DC needs to copy that,

Neal Adams is big about advancing things like color technology.
That was one of the first things he did back in the 70s when he started his Batman work. He revolutionized the way DC colored their stuff

Then he went too far

Neal Adams is like George Lucas in a lot of ways.

Remember, Neal gets paid more if he recolors it for the reprint.

>The Marvel Epic Collection line is perfection

Except for the completely retarded out of order system by which they release the volumes.

Or he just wanted to get paid again.

>Somebody should do the opposite, take new comics and recolor them in an old style

I hope the trend of old-style colouring comes back in vogue again

>homocidal

>homocidal

It's not vague at all in regards to DC. Golden Age is from the very beginning to when the market crashed after WWII ended and only a few characters survived. Silver Age is when the CCA forms up until 1970 when writers start taking stories into the darker Bronze Age up until COIE happens which results in the Modern Age.

The face was redrawn too. It did however look kinda wonky