Miles Morales And Spider-Gwen To Feature In New Disney XD SPIDER-MAN Series

DROPPED

What's the skinny on Spider-Gwen? I've been out of the loop.

If I remember correctly in an alternate universe, Gwen had the powers, not Pete. Yet Pete still got rekt by Osborne instead of her.

>obligatory post complaining about Venom feet

The real problem is that Venom is looking like the Hulk jizzed into his mouth.

Green slobber a shit.

There will never be a true back to basics spiderman show again. The toy for miles is probably cheaper to make than peters anyway. And it's just a recolor so it's stupid for them not to include him for diversity. Might as well do a web warriors show and include all the other alt spiders.

He's literally had it since day 1 of his first appearance, but yes, it's fucking awful whenever they try to make him look like an edgey monster and the sleek designs are much better.

>forced token diversity

When will people realize that this hurts more than it helps? No one ever like Miles and no one will ever like Miles. At this point they're just jamming down our throats.

Alt-universe Gwen who got the powers. Peter became Lizard and she accidentally killed him, which acts as her Uncle Ben moment. She was a flavor of the month character from a one shot that people latched onto, and Marvel continues to push her more than a year after her book stopped selling because they're idiots.

Who cares? It's not like this show was good.

>was
This show hasn't premiered or even been leaked yet

>Last show was a shitty teenage team up
>Do the same thing again
can i have a show about just Spidey again

Its going to be shit.
Don't lie to yourself.

>Mostly based on slotts work
>Bendis OC shoved in
>Spider-gwen
>High School pete again
>looks like it will be flash animated ala TTGo
and here i thought Marvel animation was gonna get with the Disney buyout

And then they decided that lighting struck twice and made a Gwen for Deadpool.

>Inb4 Venom isnt Brock nor Flash but the new Sasuk.. i mean Lee who is gonna eventually join the team as the loner badass OC donut steal

Remember when Wacker came on for Marvel Animation and said a bunch of shit about how kids are smarter than they were giving them credit for?
Then he goes and pumps out this shit.

>He's literally had it since day 1 of his first appearance

I don't think that's true, at least I don't remember it

He also didn't have fangs in his early appearances just a big cartoonish smile

Also agreed OP, this show is gonna blow hard...it looks like the exact same crap as Ultimate

Its just there is nothing there for him being Spider-Man he's got enough uniqueness to his power set he could be his own hero without having to be forced into being a legacy charcter that makes no sense.

That's Spidey in general these days. He's not allowed to do anything by himself anymore. In almost every issue of the comics since Superior ended he's teamed with somebody or other, and they usually get to take out the villain while Peter is being a complete incompetent because of Slott's misunderstanding of the Parker Luck. Even in the new movie Iron Man makes everything for him and it looks like he's going to steal the spotlight in general.

Can someone explain to me why people get so upset over spider-gwen? Like I can understand not liking her but I've run into some people who are seriously triggered by even mentioning her.

Being a Spider-Man fan is suffering. Everything triggers us because Marvel does nothing BUT do things to trigger us

For me, Spider-Gwen annoys me because what should have been a goofy little one off thing is now everywhere I look.....it's kind of like people who hate Harley Quinn, I feel like Marvel has like five Harley Quinns at this point, as in characters that are popular to casuals because of their look or some other gimmicky reason and thus are crammed into everything

She is pet for someone of the higher ups. That's been the bigger flaw of Marvel of late is they have no sense to reign in their bias. Books sink because they just choose to write awful fanfiction.

Fags showed up in his second issue appearance the second time he is shown in the book. There's a fun Todd quote from a Wizard Magazine about that:
>"Every time I drew Venom his fangs got sharper, his tongue got longer, his slop got sloppier and the kids loved it"
And when you look over his run that's exactly what happens.

>Feature
If they were just guest stars it would be ok. Ultimate Spiderman was shit because it was barely ever about just Spidey.

First season is about his retarded team of """Friends""" who were all assholes who treated him like shit and the rest of the seasons were just Marvel cameos and Spiderverse

Barely about Spidey? Did we watch the same shitty show?

Nearly every episode in the first season is "Spider-Man and the team learn that they need to work as a team!" and most of it was "Spidey is right, everyone else was wrong even if he's an asshole." And Spidey also cucks them in every focus episode as they job to make him look better. The Iron Fist episode being the worst for it.

Season 2 kept pushing that they were a family but they had nothing to really tie them together. And Spidey still steals the spotlight as they job to everything, making them entirely useless. They get turned into Vampires and Goblins in the same season just so Spidey can beat the shit out of them.

The third season replaces them with Spiders and other loser characters and then during the big huge team up special with the other Marvel shows not only do they job, but so does everyone else except for Black fucking Widow. And at the end when he needs to chose the team he can rely on most he doesn't even select his so called family. And once again they manage to find a way to make other characters problems and focus episodes about him instead of letting the side characters be actual characters.

I haven't even watched season 4 but I can imagine it's just as bad.

Ultimate Spider-Man wasn't just a bad Spider-Man show, it was a shitty team show. And they're going to just make the same mistake with this next show.

Remember how excited everyone was for Dini doing a Marvel Animated Universe?

Even DCFags were looking forward to it. It's just a pit of wasted potential.

Bump

>Remember how excited everyone was for Dini doing a Marvel Animated Universe?

Yeah, I remembered people were expecting it to surpass DCAU.

I can't fucking believe that with the talent involved it ended up being what we actually got.

Since this show is clearly not going to be a "back-to-basics" show, what characters are you hoping to make an appearance? I'm hoping for Mayday via dimensional portal.

yeah guys i hate the show i haven't watched yet too am i cool now

hi batman

>show prominently going to feature characters I hate and generally avoid all media involving them
>needing to see the show to know I'm gonna hate it

If you hate seafood in general, you don't have to try the squid to know it's not going to be pleasant for you

>dropping a show
>because it has a black superhero and a female lead
White male privilege at its finest.

Spider-Bump

Not OP, but I also DROPPED this show and I love Spawn, Blade, Luke Cage, John Stewart is probably my favorite GL, my favorite cartoon is My Little Pony and I like Star Vs, and I'm actually Arabic

So clearly, the issue is not simply what you're implying

I'd cum on those feet

>John Stewart is probably my favorite GL
How? I have no problem with anything else you said (not even that show), but how?

Well, to be fair that one was kind of an asspull because I've never read any GL comics but was a fan of the Justice League cartoon

Although, from what I've seen his light constructs seem to be cooler than the others

Man I miss old Venom

>Might as well do a web warriors show and include all the other alt spiders.

That's the current series. Ultimate Spiderman: Web Warriors. Although I think they changed the subtitle to Vs. the Sinister Six even though the Six are nowhere to be scene.

>Although I think they changed the subtitle to Vs. the Sinister Six even though the Six are nowhere to be scene.
They're going to be in the series finale....in which for some reason Doc Ock is normal looking now despite being a freakish Skrillex guy for the whole series

Nanomachines, Son!
...it was literally nanomachines.

>She is pet for someone of the higher ups.

Actually I think the guy on twitter talks about her like she's his flesh and blood daughter or something. She's not even original, she's just two characters slapped together with her costume dunked in bleach.

Will Eddie Brock be Venom this time?
I will admit, having Harry Osborn become Venom in USM was an interesting twist.

It would only make sense but Marvel animations don't seem to care about sense

Both are already in the current show. Essentially all they're doing is changing the name.

Yeah, the issue is clearly you dropping shows before they even premiere when the only details we have are that two of the leads are black and female respectively.

>Ever having an interest in any Marvel cartoon.
They blew that chance when they aprubtly cancelled Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Now they'll never have another good cartoon ever again.

Here's hopping this piece of shit lasts one season or better yet, not all the episodes of the first season air properly.

Characters we know were shit from the comics and were shit in the current series. Past tells us they are probably going to be shit in the new show too.

Ultimate Spiderman, Agents of Smash, Avengers Assemble, and Guardians of the Galaxy have all dropped the ball in quality.

why the fuck is it so hard to make a good spiderman show? They did it a few years ago with Spectacular (and then fucking cancelled it,) surely they can do it again?

Its obvious that they need to fuck off with this cartoon shit and make another based toei series.

They blew it when they cancelled the one show with fabulous latina ass.

>why the fuck is it so hard to make a good spiderman show?

It's not, but why put minimal effort into something that will sell even with no effort at all? The problem with Spider-Man is he's Marvels flagship character no matter what, and Marvel are soulless whores so they will continue to simply use the "Spider-Man" brand to be a hollow vessel to shill whatever garbage they are currently trying to sell

>and most of it was "Spidey is right, everyone else was wrong even if he's an asshole."

The one time Spidey was right about something (the SHIELD spies on his home episode), he was portrayed for being in the wrong for not wanting SHIELD to spy on him and his home 24/7, and it ends with Nick Fury and the team watching private footage of Peter being stupid and laughing at him.

>dropping shows before they even premiere when the only details we have are that two of the leads are black and female respectively.
Two of the leads are cancers on the comic industry*

Fixed that for you
Imagine watching a Batman cartoon where he is teamed up with nu52 Lobo and Harley

The problem is that the gimmick of having Miles and Spider-Gwen there with Peter is ill-fitting and reeks of a desperate attempt to sell the characters.

It would honestly not be as big of a deal if they gave Miles or Spider-Gwen their own shows, since they would at least flesh out their own worlds. Instead, they're just getting shoved in Peter's regular series.

They are most likely in this to sell merch

You idiots are so quick to be mad about non white males to not see the obvious.

But Spider-Gwen's Pete was the Lizard.

Also hope it ends with a cliffhanger just to spite the retards and poorly-raised children who actually like it.

>They are most likely in this to sell merch
>You idiots are so quick to be mad about non white males to not see the obvious.
That's literally what we're saying and it literally makes it no better

>HAHA ITS JUST MARVEL RUINING AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A GOOD SPIDER-MAN SHOW BY SHOE HORNING IN AND FORCING CHARACTERS THEYRE TRYING TO PUSH AND WHORE OUT, WHATS THE PROBLEM?

What a retarded post. That is why we are mad.
You SJW morons are the only ones bringing up race and gender in this thread.