Who else is watching this for the redemption arc?

Who else is watching this for the redemption arc?

Given this is just a ripoff of the OT, it won't happen until the end of the 3rd movie.

>redemption arc
BOOOOOOOOooring

>Kylo Ren is just Zuko

I'm hoping they do something a bit more interesting than just a straight redemption arc. He might abandon Snoke once he realizes he's an omnicidal space vampire but I don't want him to do somehamfisted emotional sacrifice for Rey just like Vader did for Luke.

Kylo in and of himself was a complete subversion of the typical Star Wars villain and the only original creative spark in TFA so I still have high hopes for him.

Yeah, somewhat.
Basically this. He's the only new character I'm invested in.

>be a fucking white male
>kill a bunch of innocent people
>kill your own parents
>redeem yourself
Not happening.

Anakin managed and massacred younglings

Younglings deserved it tho.

badly written shit, who cares faggot

this. fuck those little shits.

anyone can be redeemed. Even a monster.

Redemption is a form of spiritual collapse. It means betraying everything you stood for, rendering your actions meaningless.

>making a risk in the faith that dumbfucks will be able to understand why the evil man is suddenly a good guy now

Why not have him just try to be a hero and have him not care if others see him as redemption.

its easy to tell that Kylo Ren will turn Rey to the darkside, they conquer the universe together and have hot wild sex, they get married, and then they'll start a Galactic (Nazi) Monarchist Republic, end of story

Is Kylo getting cucked in this scene?

But will they bang?

Raskolnikov is that you? Though I admit it, he was right. He even predicted it on his last free day

I'm more looking forward to the other Rens. Kylo is interesting and all, but I want to explore his holy templars.

>Kylo in and of himself was a complete subversion of the typical Star Wars villain and the only original creative spark in TFA so I still have high hopes for him.

>decide to make nu-Vader
>wisely realize that literally nothing could live up to Vader
>go one step further and make the character an actual Vader fanboy who's living in the shadow of the legend
It's so crazy it actually fucking works.

Isn't it "letting go of spontaneous feelings and realising what's truly important", aka an epiphany?

Don't forget his entire posse of Sith impersonators.

but jedi are evil
they dont even let a man stand trial
if Anakin didnt stop them they would have killed papaltine there

Emo Meltdown Pt2

Redeeming yourself in Star Wars is murder suiciding the final boss.

So Kylo has to kill Snoke and then get left behind to die as something big explodes

He's a double agent so there's nothing really to redeem himself from.

Kylo is the saving grace of these movies.

yeah i read this, that he's like snape. it sounded cringey tho espeially if han was in on it and let him kill him like dumbleydof

no they're Jacen and Jaina from the EU

I watched the 1st one in theatres anticipating his inevitable arc, once the trailer for this one came out and I saw the force tree/Luke is now gay/empire is a white supremist organisation etc. I realised this isn't my Star Wars it is a lifeless shell of a franchise dug up by necromancers at Disney to sell toys. Tl;dr I'm pirating it

Kylo also killed innocents in the beginning of TFA.

I dunno if I can sit through another Star Wars movie

TFA was pretty boring and Daisy Ridley was a shit lead. Rogue 1 somehow managed to be worse by having a lead with no personality that doesn't emote at all and having the most jarring plot line ever. I'm pretty convinced the first hour of the movie was actual nonsense.

I can't do this a third time.

This funnily enough

Every other character so far is horrendous. At least Kylo has a story and a character to him.