Why anything other than English?

Why should people, especially non-english Europeans, learn any other language than English?

>German, French, Russian, etc. are used by less people than the United States alone has
>English is simpler, more beautiful, every form of modern media gets first released in English, we have Germans, French, whatever musicians singing in primarily English, we have German, Dutch, Swedish, whatever universities where every piece of informations gets first released in English because their own language has become less important than English
>we have non-English people speaking English better than the average American, and even being WORSE AT THEIR OWN LANGUAGE and better at English, which is just hilarious
>The anglosphere is the center of modern Western civilization, whether you like it or not, every famous piece of media or educational stuff comes from there, other countries just cannot compete with the sheer cultural output of England, America, Canada and Australia
>it saves money learning just English and not speaking your own garbage talk that YOUR OWN PEOPLE are even too stupid to speak because everybody learns and speaks ENglish and HE LEARNS IT BECAUSE LITERALLY EVERYBODY SAYS THAT ENGLISH IS MORE IMPORTANT FOR YOU THAN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE

So, stormfags, tell me ONE reason why non-english languages should still be teached.

There is no reason other than "muh feelings muh culture muh ancestors talked like dis".

English will eventually become the planet's official language, I hope you do realize that.

German, French, Russian, all this other garbage talk will simply dissappear in the awe of the English language.

Learn greek or latin and read classical literature.

>he can't speak at least 3 languages

bydlo as fuck

I agree. That's why I learned English and Chinese.

Genesis 11:7
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Everyone speaking English confounds god back!

Most of us don't need to learn English, Arabic and Urdu

I'm English and I only speak English. National languages are an important part of tradition and identity.

If you want to communicate then put in the effort and learn other languages, they are an important part of culture.

>he's proud of learning completely useless barbaric tongues when he can already speak English

Why waste your time?

Languages are the sound of a culture and people and should be preserved against bastardisation as a result of american reality TV. Iceland has done a good job at keeping their language for example, but Norway has not and as a result Norwegian will die shortly because the youth just watch shit american TV and don't even bother using perfectly fine norwegian words for english words. And its' not just modern hydbrid words like "laptop" (bærbar).

Fuck off OP you globalist kike

I always thought that a single language would make everything from communication to transaction a lot easier and faster. So yeah, anything other than english isn't/shouldn't be needed.

>it's the daily shitpost thread
English is a shit tier language

I agree. Globalism is inevitable and we should all learn english.

Bien parlé!

*taught

The Americanization of Norwegian baffles me desu. Swedes use plenty of English words and expressions for no good reason, but Norwegians are 1000x worse. It's horrible.

Ach Kevin...

Because you can.
I'm fluent in Dutch and English, know a bit of German and French and I'm currently learning Spanish just for fun.

And saying English is beautiful is fucking retarded. It's a disgusting language on many levels, even before the Americans dumbed it down into their own version.

>It's a disgusting language
>English is a shit tier language
How?

>he finds it hard to learn more than one language
lmao. Are you 12?

Wow, that's what I call a diverse mindset.

Tons of inconsistencies between spelling and pronunciation, making it impossible to know how to pronounce a word just by reading it.
That stupid consonant shift.
American English often sounds stupid as fuck.
Lack of expressiveness in some cases (although that can be said for most languages).
And there's probably a lot more that makes it a pretty ugly language that I can't think of off the top of my head.
There's a couple of sounds that are very hard to produce.

That said, it's a pretty simple language, especially for Dutch speaking persons like me since it is so similar, which makes it an alright lingua franca.

>Arabic and Urdu

>German, French, Russian, etc. are used by less people than the United States alone has
>less people
>less

fewer, for fuck's sake.

Germanybro, why do you deerpost everyday? You've been at this for 2 weeks, that's really dedication to spam deer everyday.

Why are most Germans pro globalism?

Because it is the rational thing to do and Germans tend to be the only rational people in Europe who grew beyond pathetic tribalism.

Literally every economy profits from this.

And economy is one of the most important aspects of our countries, because it allows us to live life to our fullest extent.

>he thinks learning other languages actually takes effort
lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I thought leftists were supposed to be the high IQ educated people

Learning other useless languages takes time away from being productive and potentially discussing new ideas with other members of the human race which could be profitable.

Germans have the highest potential in everything.
They are very rational (in most ways).
But they are too liberal, and globalism isn't always that great. Our government should've just given people more money for fucking and having kids.

>Learning other languages takes time
my sides. I literally learned Sapnish in a month just by reading 5 minutes of grammar books per day + a dictionary.
You must have a canary's brain if learning a language takes more than that for you

*Spanish

>I literally learned Sapnish in a month just by reading 5 minutes of grammar books
No te creo.

Es la verdad. El idioma Espanol se parece un poco al idioma Italiano. No es mui dificil aprenderlo

A language isn't just a way of speaking, it's also a way of thinking. Every language is structured in a way that reflects the mentality/culture of its natives.

For example, english is a relatively simple and efficient language, you can get many a point across without need for complex wording or grammatical structure.

German is a language that is complex, but you can build words by taking different words and putting them together, and make very long sentences by putting various sentences together, a reflection of german ingenuity. (yes, you can do this in english too, but it's not that commonplace, since you can use shorter sentences easily, which in german isn't so convenient.)

Spanish is a relatively complex language, which always makes it necessary to say things in a very roundabout way, a reflection of the inefficiency and excess of pointless complexity and ornamentations in spaniard culture.

Speaking various languages also allows you to look at any challenge with a different viewpoint. It's also a proven scientific fact that people who grow up speaking more than one language develop a intelligence than those that only speak one.

>develop a intelligence
develop a *HIGHER intelligence

>Germans tend to be the only rational people in Europe

Uh-huh..
whatever you say, naziboy

Looks like Germany has also lost all understanding of culture. You deserve to die tbqh.