Now that the dust has settled, which one was better?

Now that the dust has settled, which one was better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=huyVs3QiK1c
youtube.com/watch?v=7Avymog_CEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is hardly even a question.

Winter Soldier, but that's not saying much, it's vasty overrated. A couple cool hand to hand combat scenes does not a good film make. The political intrigue was childish, the third act another ticking timebomb cgi bore.

GotG, Ant-Man, Strange > Russos

They're both among the most acclaimed Marvel movies, so expect most of the comments to be some variation of "they both suck".

Winter Soldier

>Ant-Man, Strange
>better than WS
Fuck no. I could understand someone thinking GotG is better, but Ant-Man and Strange were both painfully average.

GotG was fun, but it was "Shit Happens, The Movie." You're bombarded with characters, set pieces and lore while the characters are dragged along/together for the sake of the plot.

I like Civil War more, but Winter Soldier was better made.

HAHAHAHA

They were both so bad it's hard to choose. Maybe the one where Cap isn't cucked for half his movie by Iron Man? Even then the camera jumps were so bad.

I wanna give the Russos credit for not filming hours of footage that end up on the cutting room floor like some other filmmakers. They generally know what they want to do before shooting starts and end up cutting very little.

I also wanna give them credit for having clean, clear cinematography. Nothing to challenging or evocative like Snyder, just very straight forward, almost like a cellphone commercial or something.

Hey Geoff, how's your DCCU going?

Why are trying to stir up shit, pal? What do you have to gain from this?

>Nothing to challenging

Yeah, nothing to difficult like that rouge genius Zak Schneider.

What does that have to do with anything? The movies are bad so you have to deflect to something else?

both were terrible pal,please don`t make me choose,i don`t want to, i can`t,i just can`t

I like the subtleties of Falcon's character in WS so I think that's gonna win even though I enjoyed both.
Russos do good characters if you're willing to examine them deeper than just quips.

>end up cutting very little
Source?

I loved both.

Honestly Fant4stic was better. At least it had some cool dialogue and some nice scenes.

is this memeing i cant even tell anymore

Winter Soldier

>I also wanna give them credit for having clean, clear cinematography.

there are people on this board who actually believe this

youtube.com/watch?v=huyVs3QiK1c

I watched Civil War the other night on Netflix and it really is bloated with a bunch of superfluous garbage.

It's not memeing. I'll go into more detail.

Falcon is basically Steve's therapist across two movies. When they first meet he immediately deduces that Steve is having trouble adjusting to life in the 21st century (and relative pease time). That's the whole point of "It's your bed, right?" line. He tries to get Steve help, but frames it in a way that respects his pride ("ocome down to the VA, make me look good in front of the ladies")., This even continues into Age of Ultron during the party scene (which the Russos co-wrote) where we see Falcon and Steve talking and lo and behold it's about Falcon trying to get Steve a new apartment and Steve lamenting that all his old friends and haunts are dead and gone.

Sam is a 10/10 wingman and the Russos sold me on him.

Civil War takes it for me, absolute achievement in the writing, action, and handling of the characters.

Extremely close between the two though and easily the best trilogy in Cape films.

>Critics spot on again!

>You're bombarded with characters, set pieces and lore
yeah it was pretty fucking awesome

>$0.05 has been deposited into your account

That video is insanely accurate.

Winter Solder>First Avenger
The Avengers>Civil War>Age of Ultron
Iron Man>Iron Man 3>Iron Man 2
Thor>who gives a fuck

But you just avoided the OP question by moving Civil War to the Avengers category.

Pretty spot on lists, though.

Civil War is an Avengers movie with a Cap focus, I refuse to recognize it as Captain America 3.

My favorite was durning the WS car chase scene and it ZOOMS IN on Falcon's foot on the pedal. I couldn't stop laughing.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Avymog_CEQ
At about 47 seconds.

why did they have to make Cap and bucky gay?

I give Civil War credit for not being bad with all those heroes but it really wasn't that good. Winter Soldier did everything right.

nice headcanon

Winter Soldier, but I enjoyed Civil War more.

Winter Soldier was good until the third act. Civil War was only good in the third act. Put them together and they make 1 good movie.

THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS

>Make a movie about a Superhero Civil War
>No politics at all
The Russos were one-trick ponies. Markus & Mcfeely were the only reason TWS was good and their draft for the third movie looked than the bloated shit we got.

I suppose the UN meeting and the Sokovia accords weren't politics then.

>Scene where nig talks five lines then gets blown up.
>Scene where Ross acts like a retard
Holy shit, a political thriller!!11!

Still politics, pal. May be shit but it still happened in the movie.

Civil war actually tricked people into thinking it was some kind of game changer eventhough you got the same shit as always, it also tricked people into thinking it did the topic justice or that it had an ambiguous "grey" end where Zemo kinda won.

The accords where dropped fast, also it was never about Cap and Ironman taking different stances about the accords, Tony knew the government was gonna push the Avengers into signing it and he also knew Cap would be retarded enough to not atleast try to negotiate, so he tried to get the best out of it, however it ended, it could've been worse if it wasn't for Tony, the Avengers would've been completaly in the hands of Ross. Also it was hilarious how the fight in the airport proved the accords right, the avengers were fighting against each other and doing colateral damage while they were also quipping around.

Zemo also didn't destroy an empire, if anything he made the Avengers stronger, not only did Black Panther, Ant Man and Spider Man join the teams, Hawkeye and Iron Man also came back of their retirement. Cap has also now enough Vibranium to never care about losing a shield again, he is also in the most advanced country in the world while being best friends with the king of said country. Cap and Tony also don't love/hate each other more/less so than they did before, they were always colleagues at best who kinda respect each other, nothing about that really changed.

This movie just shows that Feige didn't want to have anything with a serious tone or "realism" to begin with, so he played everyone by letting them think, this movie was well written and serious about the topic at hand.

Civil War was just the eternal mouse doing its magic, the pretence of depth, unlike the Winter Soldier which really felt like a genuine effort from the directors.

So it means Zemo will realize he lost and actually kick some ass?

How is that politics? Having a scene in DC counts as politics too?

I never said that.

I have reality for realism.

But the Avengers who totalled the Airport were all on the Accords side. All that was proven was the Accords were just senseless bureaucracy sent to weigh down a team that was way more efficient and effective than it had any right to be.

Which one is less popular? That's the one that's better.

Winter Soldier

still the best MCU flick

Co will always deny this truth though

Winter soldier is way better, although I will admit Zeno was a god damn great villain, even though the ending fight was kind of an ass pull.
Best marvel movie is probably gotg.

>>Ant-Man, Strange
>>better than WS
>Fuck no. I could understand someone thinking GotG is better, but Ant-Man and Strange were both painfully average.

THIS

user, stop, your is really obvious. Just go and read some Rebirth to feel better.

>clear cinematography
For most of the movies, yes that's the case. However, don't you DARE say that the opening scene of CW was clear cinematography.

This is reasonably accurate by comparison to all the BS that is passed around. Critics are no longer really reviewing something like this the way they do say Manchester by the Sea or LaLa Land.

The point is that all these films are products - and none of them is really exceptional - at best, it is good to high quality product in terms of some but not all of the action; likewise, in terms of some but not all of the CGI and so forth, primarily on technical merits and basis.