/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Auld Lang Syne Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.html

>Out This Week:
Ghosts of Geonosis Parts 1&2 (January 7)

>The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns | Star Wars Rebels
youtube.com/watch?v=mLN_y-uWAVA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Most_comfortable_chair_ever_designed
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Chair/Legends
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast/Legends
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pillow
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66_Cookie
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Navel
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz-box
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Water/Legends
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Housewarming_party
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Protato_wedges
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Santa_Claus
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_(planet)
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mickey_Mouse
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Dark_Side#Harland_Sanders
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for best boy

>not posting the Special Ed Edition where the fireworks produce explosive rings

Goddammit, OP, you had one job! One day job!

And you did it well. Happy New Year, you nuts.

Happy new year /swco/! May all your threads be comfy in 2017, and may all your Imperial husbandos live to 2018.

Last reminder of the year that Ezra is a buttslut!
Happy New Years, /swco/!

Lux a shit

It was an ironic post

Found the pages linking the Living Force to the Cosmic Force in the Episode I Making Of book.

Just a little bit more on the next page.

>The overriding philosophy in Episode I -- and in all the Star Wars movies, for that matter -- is the balance between good and evil. The Force itself breaks into two sides: the living Force and a greater, cosmic Force. The living Force makes you sensitive to other living things, makes you intuitive, and allows you to read other people's minds, et cetera. But the greater Force has to do with destiny. In working with the Force, you can find your destiny and you can choose to either follow it, or not."

Huh, that's really cool that, though TCW was the first to really mention it, this stuff existed since at least 1999

Interesting stuff. It's always fun to see that some things we thought were later additions to the lore actually happened much earlier.

Plus it does make sense that Lucas had already planned out the living and cosmic aspects as separate but interlinked, since Qui-Gon talks about the living Force in TPM, and his entire philosophy of living in the "here and now" depends greatly on it.

Fucking yes, thank you. Can't believe this stuff was glossed over throughout the EU. It even goes out of its way to mostly throuroughly explain the nature of midichlorians. Not the Force itself, but rather the vehicle through which you commune with the will of the Living Force.

>Anakin is to bring balance to the Force, but at this point we don't know which side needs to be balanced out.

...oh. OH, it's the Dark Side that needed to be balanced! Holy shit, the prophecy makes so much sense now. It wasn't just balance in the Force, but balance in the Dark Side of the Force because the Sith had exploited it to the point where it became this huge monster capable of clouding the Force proper.

Anakin's turn to the Dark Side was not only pre-destined but literally meant to happen as it was the only way he would be able to destroy the Sith - from within and not without.

I miss Lux. I wonder if anyone's told him his girlfriend Ahsoka's dead.

>Lux
>gf

Speaking of Anakin's fall, a lot of people like to think that Anakin turning because of fear of losing Padme was some late addition that Lucas didn't think about until he was making Episode 3, but the signs are already there- Yoda's most famous line from Episode 1 already foreshadows Anakin's fall

>Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.

They even call attention to Anakin's anxiety over being separated from his mother, which feeds into what happens in Episode 2, which itself is a springboard for his fear of losing Padme.

>Just watched the Aleena episode of TCW

Space Dinos are adorable

That's dumb

I'm glad its non-canon

But what role does piggyback rides play? These are the important canon questions they have never had the balls to answer.

Oh yes, just imagine them on the jumbotron watching proud and cheering along right up until the point where daddy explodes into a fireball...

Can't bang dead gash.

>a prophecy, that misread could have been

The Jedi were so obsessed in fighting the Dark Side that they forgot it was part of the Force. Yoda's denying his Dark Side until it literally beats him into acknowledging it pretty much underscores this problem.

The Jedi misinterpreted the prophecy because they thought the Sith instinct and thus thought it only applied to their well being.

It's okay. Obviously he had funds set aside for the worst. Podracing is dangerous, dontcha know?

Maybe it's in the Making of Empire Strikes Back.

Non canon? Dude, all of this is in the narrative, and expanded upon in TCW. It's as canon as canon gets. The Force is literally the yin yang. Duality does not only account for two halves of one whole. Oftentimes it's one small thing within one bigger thing, which grows so large as to encompass and become the bigger thing and vice versa. It makes sense.

"I've had to scrap up every last bit of our savings including Timmy's college fun and the money for little Lucy's braces, and even had to take out a loan with Graballa the Hutt that will see the kids sold into slavery if I don't at least complete the race, but it will be worth it. We won't lose the farm, not this year. The Force is with me and I am one with the Force."

His scream before death was not panic, but rather celebration he would never deal with his wife's bullshot again.

what is the most autistic SW wiki page?

Breasts, probably.

It's kind of funny how the only racer to actually finish the race was Anakin. Only a few of the other racers were still alive, most were killed.

I wonder if that's typical of pod racing in general or indicative of the high stakes for the Boota Eve.

Breast

Probably a little of both, I imagine podracing in general is dangerous and has high chances for crash/death, but the Boonta course is probably more treacherous than most. It'd explain why it's such a big event.

>even has Canon and Legends tabs
>only 4 canon mentions
Eat shit Disneyfags.

What's the name of this species?

I saw Rogue One two nights ago. Why did those who saw it and hated it, hate it?

Now that a character from the animation department has been cast in a live action film, who would you cast for the other cartoon only characters?

Qui-Gon did say it was "very fast, very dangerous". So racer deaths are probably an more of an inconvenience in a galaxy far far away than a tragedy as would be for us.

Kinda telling of the value of life for them. They not only anticipate but expect it.

Either they like being contrarians or they're huge OT fans.

>Outside of fans personal headcanons, the EU was never canon
Yes it was.

Reminder that according to that Complete Locations book, that if there was still a body, they wouldn't send a team to go retrieve it because there's a fucking Krayt Dragon living in that cave and nobody wants to go near that thing on foot.

What does this have to do with Disney?

Pod Racing is certainly crazy considering humans don't typically have the reflexes for it.

Their opinion, and they're welcome to it. It has flaws, sure. The characters aren't very imaginative, it relies very strongly on people being aware of the original movies, and the overall ending is bleak regardless of what digital Leia has to say.

I liked it, but sure there's room for disagreement.

Freddy could probably play Kanan in a live-action film.

So what was Lucas' plan for the new trilogy before he sold Star Wars to Disney?

I've read to that Pablo said that they were following his ideas for the ST but TFA shows otherwise i mean JJ didn't even want podracing flags in it.

Any of these

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Most_comfortable_chair_ever_designed

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Chair/Legends

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast/Legends

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pillow

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66_Cookie

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Navel

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz-box

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Water/Legends

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Housewarming_party

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Protato_wedges

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Santa_Claus

The ones I most want to see (Hondo and Cad Bane) don't actually need new actors. They could probably get stand-ins in costumes, give them CGI faces, and just get the original voice actors

Too old

That "dragon" is actually just Ben Kenobi, the original space hobo who waddles around in stanky robes making dragon noises because he relies on that steady supply of meat left in the cafe, pre-cooked by the crash that killed the racer (if they were lucky, Benny boy don't give a fuck either way). Then one day Ben just vanishes into the wastes...

Well over ten years later Obi-Wan Kenobi finds a convenient empty hut and stanky robes monogramed Ben. It's almost like it was the will of the Force...

The bleakness was the point though, if you thought ANY of the team that joined them in the end was going to survive, you're kidding yourself. And not really, I don't think it was that reliant on you knowing the older movies outside of their guest appearances. Vader's was probably my favorite anyway.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_(planet)

Luke's new Jedi Order plans falling apart because of a "Jedi Killer", Rey (initially called Kira), Han Solo's son (though he was basically Poe's role), and a junkyard planet were part of George's outlines.

Luke was going to have a larger part, but they decided he took away too much of the focus from the new leads, so they put him at the end and Han took over Luke's role in the script and was finally allowed to die.

PARTY LIKE IT'S 0 ABY!!

>Described as "crunchy" and having a "delightful aftertaste," they were sold in bags of 66 by an Imperial officer, next to a statue of Galactic Emperor Palpatine in Theed on Naboo during Empire Day in 1 ABY

kek

how the fuck can Earth be a planet if we're in a Galaxy far, far away

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mickey_Mouse

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Dark_Side#Harland_Sanders

Krayt Dragons aren't so hard to kill. All you need is a high level party of twenty with the right set up.

Wasn't that because Ford just didn't want to be in the movies anymore? Even though he wasn't in anything notable for years? Fuck you Crystal Skull was ass.

George is a pretty cool guy. Shame he got fucked over.

Ford's wanted Han to die since Empire.

>mfw

>The bleakness was the point though
And the reason some people found that off putting is because it's a Star Wars movie that came out just before Christmas. People took their kids to see it hoping for some cheer and adventure. They probably bought their kids Rogue One merch to unrap on Christmas Day.

And every last single one of their new heroes is a left a rotting corpse. Nevermind the movie ending not just with their deaths but the final moments are Vader's murder orgy slaughtering over a dozen heroic rebels who were just trying to save the galaxy. Merry Christmas, kiddies! Sleep tight! Don't stay up awake at night scared you'll hear heavy breathing! That's just the furnace, we swear. No Vader hiding under your bed or in your closet!

I wish they had kept in Vader's final scene being him slaughtering the main cast instead of a group of random rebels

If parents remembered how A New Hope started, they'd know all of Rogue One would end in tragedy. Hell, in the trailers they point out our protagonist's father is the man who helped design the Death Star. Also Vader being the boogeyman for kids sounds great.

>bad guys use an army of nonsentient beings that are programmed to be soldiers
>good guys use an army of sentient beings who were born and bred to be soldier-slaves and given no say in the matter, forced to fight non-stop until their death

what did George mean by this?

The opening crawl for ANH is

>It is a period of civil war.
>Rebel spaceships, striking
>from a hidden base, have won
>their first victory against
>the evil Galactic Empire.

>During the battle, Rebel
>spies managed to steal secret
>plans to the Empire's
>ultimate weapon, the DEATH
>STAR, an armored space
>station with enough power
>to destroy an entire planet.

Nothing in that says, "And by the way everyone who stole the plans died so if you ever take your kids to some kind of prequel that shows these events as they unfold be prepared to answer some heavy shit, also if it's around Christmas it might really bum them out."

Kyle Katarn did just fine for himself when he did it. The only dying that happened was other people's.

I remember them mentioning lives were lost to get that information.

You're thinking of the Bothans. who got information(not plans) for the Death Star II

No worries. He groomed a worthy enough successor in Dave.

That was just one dude. His name was Manny Bothans. He didn't even die in combat, he was making packets of the plans to hand out during the meeting when he got a paper cut using the copy machine. The wound got infected.

Fortunately Pruneface showed up soon after to fix the copy machine so it was all good.

Aleena

This is, I think, overselling the reaction a bit. I don't think it lead to any big outcry against the movie, or not that I've seen.

It was just one reason why some people were upset. Saw it in some reviews, both professional and audience. Regardless R1 is doing quite well at the box office. The Anthology experiment seems to have succeeded.

Unpopular(well, maybe not anymore) opinion: Genndy wars is kind of overrated.

It's good and all, but for some reason its fans seem to treat it as a goldmine of greatness, even though most of it is just action scenes and lacks the character development of TCW.

Not to mention, Genndy fans seem to love the show for being "dark" and "mature" while TCW is "kiddy". Even though if you actually watched TCW past season 1, you'd see it's really the other way around (Genndy Wars is really the more "childish" one, the action is over-the-top silly, the characters have massive jaws, and the music sounds like it was done on a Casio keyboard)

Are you just sitting around on this New Years Eve like the pathetic NEET you are?

Might as well make your night a tad bit more interesting with our STREAM NOW!

shittiest """""""""""""star wars"""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""content""""""""""""""""""""" ever

lol

With one movie? We'll see with Han Solo. Which is still a mistake.

Just realized that for the folks who cried where Han, Chewie, the Falcon and etc were with the Prequels, that these Star Wars Stories are looking to be the Prequels they were wanting. As much as I love Rogue One, if all the Star Wars Story series is going to do is retread the OT then things are going to get dry quick.

>Are you just sitting around on this New Years Eve like the pathetic NEET you are?
Dude, didn't you hear? President Obama called a mulligan on the whole year. We're doing 2016 over again. First step is digging up David Bowie and the rest.

2016 is the anti-2015

The current year man even blew up the current year on his show

>With one movie?
Yep. This was their test case to see how people reacted and whether they could sell the idea. You seem to think I meant, somehow, that all of the movies would succeed. They might, they might not. That isn't the point. This proved that the Anthologies CAN succeed.

If Rogue One has boomed it isn't necessarily likely that Han Solo's would have been cancelled but they might have scaled back on it and cancelled or delayed any future Anthologies. I'm personally not seeing an outcome where they think that they could double down on a Han Solo movie and make up for their first failure.

Is this the "Holiday Special, Hyperspace Hooplah, and Ewoks cartoon don't exist" timeline?

What are you all doing for New Years, /swco/?

>With one movie?
Granted, Rogue One being successful doesn't mean all anthology movies will, but it did prove that people are willing to watch a spinoff non-episode movie. We can only hope this means Disney/Lucasfilm will be willing to take more risks with the kind of spinoffs they choose. The next two we have are safe options- Han and Boba- but hopefully the fourth one is something different and not just a play for nostalgia for the umpteenth time.

Coming up with an alternate seeing as my plans got rained out

Going to party with some Rocky Horror castmates.

If there was such a thing as a Star Wars shadowcast, I would be partying with them, alas I settle for an absurd musical.

what is the dumbest starfighter?

watching TCW and maybe drinking beer

/swco/ meetup when

I thought Crystal Skull was a decent fun movie, it at least felt more like Indiana Jones than the prequels felt like Star Wars

T-70 X-Wings, or First Order TIEs.

30+ years later and design is stagnant.

Actually Ive always though vanilla TIE fighters looked derpy.

Droid Tri-fighters are also kinda dumb looking.

>Rocky Horror castmates
Who do you play?

How would that even happen? We're all the same person.

I'd go see episode 8 with /swco/ lol

Riff Raff, also co-head of tech crew. Los Angeles cast.

Then that means the meetup is in progress and a smashing success

I still hold the (majority?)opinion that TFA was a corny, soulless rehash of A New Hope.

Would anyone on Sup Forums like to challenge that opinion? I'm interested to hear counterpoints

Well thats the party line for /swco/.

It was a fun movie but a bad Star Wars episode.

Fellow LA user. Have a fun night. Happy New Years!

This is not a popular view but I never liked the N-1 Naboo Starfighter. I never thought they looked all that neat and the slick paintjob makes them look too sporty to take seriously as a fighter. They didn't exactly perform too well in TPM, though they were trying to destroy a much larger ship with fighters so...

Then it turns out in-universe they still kick ass even after Endor and despite their age they mop the floor with a far superior number of TIE Fighters. Turns out the Naboo paid top dollar for the best starfighters money could buy made to look like works of art, presumably never planning to use them in serious combat.