JSA Storytime: Captain Atom

Good evening owls,

TONIGHT! Captain Atom meets The Authority! Place your bets now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gtSPJZ-qlhA
youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so close to palindrome get

hello WildC.A.T.S.

I enjoy this page

Betting on Captain Atom.

yes, they're playing Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

....do people still do that?

I'm with you

This page might be intended to summarize his history, but it pretty much goes for his future too

btw we have six issues, I have a handle of cake-flavored vodka, and no one cares if I show up to work hungover tomorrow morning, we're doing this all

No matter what happens, I'm not running Countdown: Arena

you might bribe me into Battle for Blüdhaven

Maul is indeed-y strong.

hurray!

What an awful outfit.

Countdown does have Eve Eden as Rule 63 Shade!

There's a way to read Countdown: Arena that *isn't* in a Storytime of Pain?

THERE IS NOT

THat's like the one comic that defeats me, every time. I just can't do it.

delicious hax and bullshit, but it works, here

I love how deadpan they are and how quickly they realize "You knoooow...."

Sometimes it's drawn okay but it's really gaudy.

uhoh, we know who these assholes are

It keeps making me think of leather straps.

classic way to fuck a telepath

well, that's always on-topic in THIS storytime

Shit, now I can't unsee it, it really is like one of those harnesses

Well, that sure didn't go well for Voodoo.

So Bendis is in all likelihood parking his ass on Defenders and to be honest I am just relieved it he isn't taking over T-Bolts.

desu his normal costume makes me think of Canada, so I'm not the best eye

actually, this is rather OOC for Nate: he *knows* to be careful of things that are magically/hax sharp

>fighting the Persuader when

Oh, yeah, Netflix Defenders with nothing in common with any other comics Defenders title ever is what he'd want

LOLOLOL

>Captain Atom explodes into the 31st Century

youtube.com/watch?v=gtSPJZ-qlhA

still waifu

if anyone has an easy in to a Legion story, it's him

Is she dead? The blood background makes me think she died.

>you might bribe me into Battle for Blüdhaven
Nooooo, thank you.

Oh hey, looks like X-Men is on next.

>I didn't put on an outfit this skimpy just to go home without a fight

Especially since it features his husbando.

If we're being completists, we kind of have to in order to figure out what Robinson was fixing...

Wait, did we ever actually *read* Generation Lost or not?

>not gay for Justice

Do it storyteller.

Kinda wonder what the over/under is on "Character you like beats up all the characters you don't like and/or think are hot" in general. Captain Atom isn't so popular, but who would be the most popular choice?

>At the end of the "Spider-Men" mini-series, what would the reveal have been? Or is it still in process?

>still in process. announcement forthcoming…
>2017 is going to be an interesting spider year, that is for sure.

What did Bendis mean by this?

I've run CfJ like three times, the pain is pretty passé by now

awwww, what a gentleman

On the bright side, it means no Bendis Dr. Strange.

Bendis will use electronically controlled around-corners trajection of deadly touch tarantula spiders to destroy the DC offices and all his critics.

He came up with an idea that he's going to pretend he always meant to do

I hope his bloated ego is finally feeling the sting of CW2 being so solidly panned

>no cosmic adventures of the awesome facial hair bros

God, I hadn't even considered that possibility.

I'd forgotten that when I crack open the vodka, I tend to turn on Youtube and sing along with Music of My Youth

His idea will also meander around for thirty issues and either end anticlimatically or simply go nowhere.

What else is on the DC horror list? Glass Sqwad? The Kingdom?

Wow, I didn't know they could record music back then! What is it, anyway?

Has anyone ever made Swift interesting?

youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE

Not familiar with ahegao, are we now?

That's a nice sequence. Poor Nate. Also this is probably the only Pfeifer book I've read that doesn't bore me to tears.

Most of post-Johns JSA, honestly.

There's also The Time Roy Got High on Dead Babies.

When Ennis had her singing "I'm just an asian minority" or when Grunge groped her boob?

Now Rise of Arsenal is more fun than CfJ because it's shorter and goes maximum batshit way faster

There's always someone who's like "Wait, this is real?"

The Kingdom isn't that bad, it's mostly just boring and pointless.

I kinda wondered if the winged girl Extrano and his husband have adopted in Orlando's Midnighter was supposed to be her.

That's a nice cover. Also, no nobody has ever managed to make Swift interesting. Or even tried to in the first place, to be honest.

It's, like, kind of Alex Ross, but in a good way

Wouldn't it be ryona?

It's in between DEAD CAT and ROY HARPER CAN'T GET IT UP BECAUSE OF HIS MURDER BONER

Madge and The Authority have never really gotten along, as I recall

The part with Plastic Man's son is great, but the actual time travel plot is awful.

Majestrix is basically a stiff upper lift Victorian in a world of edge rebels, and the Authority is Warren Ellis on crack cocaine. Why wouldn't they get along?

I will always take an ambitious mess over something fucking boring, and RoA at least takes some goddamn chances. I mean, it's a failure, but it's not dull.

so yes, user, I do a pretty decent Axl

gosh look at Jenny's rapeface

That's pretty civil so far. That means it can only end in tears.

The Authority live in the set of a Star Wars movie?

l-l-l-lampshade

You know, I think that's why I have such a soft spot for Madge. Definitely one of my character types.

It would be something to see someone try to write that character model as a -trix and not a -tor, though

That "A what?" is satisfying considering all the sci-fi buzzword bullshit that usually gets tagged on to any caption of the carrier/the bleed.

Has anyone written the definitive Warren Ellis parody comic yet?

They would basically be Emma Frost with flying brick powers.

>no Jenny Sparks in this
RIP waifu

Jenny Quantum is one of the few kid characters I like and I can't really say why.

that one mini had her shacking up with Jenny Sparks, past lesbian fling is kinda interesting

Was that the one by Millar?

But Madge is really ethical and direct in his tight-ass way and Emma's all about bending rules/manipulation

I would 1000% have read Sterling Gates' Stormwatch Starring Midnighter and Jenny

I think it was in the Jenny Sparks mini, so whoever wrote that

this is gonna end well

hoot hoot to all of you with no lives, like me

>That "A what?" is satisfying considering all the sci-fi buzzword bullshit that usually gets tagged on to any caption of the carrier/the bleed.

Ellis took the piss out of himself with Nextwave. He has a flying submarine carrier with the dumb captions, so he has to be self aware of himself.

OH SHIT TIME FOR NAZIS

You're right, it's Nextwave. Ellis wrote the Ellis parody comic himself. Well, and also No Hero but the less said the better.

Having a life is overrated anyway.

>Nate offended by Jack's lack of shoes
it's the little things

This is just delightful in ways I can't describe.

Nextwave really is a basket of fun, too

Hey, last year we read Thunderbolts until midnight and it was super comfy. Although the world did get a bit more cryptofascist (if not friendlier) in 2016.

Speaking of which, wasn't there a rumor about Elsa getting an ongoing?

It's kind of the sort of thing that we nerds speculate could happen but never actually makes it onto the page?

This has easily been the worst year of my life. Happy New Year!

definitely more cryptofascist, and not even in a *competent* sort of way, that's what's sad about it

:(

Is the fascism even crypto anymore at this point?

It's been either great shit or absolutely horrible for me. So I feel you. Happy to see the back side of it, and I hope to not bury anyone this coming year.

Why is Captain Atom such a moralfag about killing? Isn't he US military?

it's still trying

jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

It's more extreme nationalism and hatred of the status quo. Sup Forums doesn't want big government, they just want to kick out the gays and brown people.

Yeah but he's always tried to at least tug on the leash. To be honest even the Weisman/Bates run we read is a bit weird about that because he's not at all bloodthirsty at the start and takes a stance against killing but near the end has no qualms about offing lots of Cobra goons.

Military means that you know the laws of engagement and take them seriously. I've seen more anecdotes than data, but ex-military cops in the US are notably less trigger-happy than not-military.

now who could that be

I just want to vent into the void here but obviously this thread is not the place! Thanks, hope this year is better for you.

Thanks, user. We're pretty open to venting most of the time, and this thread was here for me when things got pretty awful.

>reminder that Madge and Zealot have a History