/hor/ror General - The Official Sup Forums Horror Thread

Welcome to /hor/, a 24/7 general for the month of October!

Let's begin, and let's try to make this as kino as possible.

What subgenre of horror is the most kino form of horror?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=st0qkES08qo
btdb.to/q/zombie 1979/
youtube.com/watch?v=GxONfGlFurY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What subgenre of horror is the most kino

horror that has no jumpscares or spooky ghosts, movies exploring the darkness of the human mind
>Taxi Driver
>There Will Be Blood
>Repulsion

Don't Look Now
Burnt Offerings
Watcher in the Woods
Pulse (Kairo)

Chopping Mall
The House with Laughing Windows
Street Trash

i can't believe dubs were wasted on a faggoty tryhard post in a horror general of all places.

Has anyone watched all of the Amityville movies? I've only seen the first 3. The first is a classic, the second is an Exorcist knock off, and I actually like the 3rd a lot. What others are worth watching?

The Evil
Phantasm I & II
Neon Maniacs

OK I'm going to rewatch all classic horror films.
Is there some site or a list you niggers can give me? Also they don't need to be kino or anything, just classic/popular.

The second one has a hot brother-sister incest scene.

Weirdly, the one with that weird evil-looking lamp spooked me when I saw the beginning for a couple minutes on tv as a kid.

I just remember it looking all wrong and gnarled and wicked and some woman off-handedly saying "that thing is as ugly as SIN!" and it just conjured up the weirdest imaginings in my young mind of where the movie was going and then my mom turned off the tv.

Amitypill me on these movies. I saw the first one and thought it was pretty boring. What's so special about the third one.

>>Taxi Driver
>>There Will Be Blood
lol Faggot get out

>OK I'm going to rewatch all classic horror films.

There are... quite a few, if you really like horror.

Neon Maniacs is underrated. Lots of fun.

>Taxi Driver
>There Will Be Blood

please stop embarrassing yourself

They just bring in paranormal investigators that piss of the demons that possess the house. Nothing groundbreaking, but it wasn't done as much back then.

>rewatch
If you've already watched them wouldn't you know what they are. Also just watch shit that you want to, running down a list and checking stuff off is autistic.

No I mean "horror" classics.
Something like A Nightmare on Elm Street, I just want to do a fast backlog since I'm missing Halloween fucking again.

mfw diane franklin's puffies

what's the third one? Amityville Horror 3-D, or My Amityville Horror?

Opinion:

The Return of the Living Dead movies can be even cooler than the Night of the Living Dead movies.

Something I prefer that slimey psychotronic neon trash aesthetic to the musty 70s one.

...if I want 70s horror, I prefer when it's dreamy and sad like Rosemary's Baby, with a milkier film quality than that drab brown musty quality other 70s flicks have

3D

If you guys are looking for something offbeat and lesser known, check out Tourist Trap. It's pretty weird but worth a watch.
youtube.com/watch?v=st0qkES08qo

I'm watching the latest one with Bella Thorne atm. It's pretty bad

Yeah, it's definitely absurd, stupid trash, but it's really great and very rewatchable.

Oh and it features a prime Tanya Roberts.

For some reason I can only name a few off the top of my head.
I have watched so many fucking movies my brain is starting to malfunction.

>psychotronic neon trash aesthetic
wat. i don't think there's any neon in return of the living dead
>milkier film quality
what the fuck does this even mean?

Great movie. It's kind of the pinnacle of a certain scary aesthetic vein... spooky mannequins and masks. The Pino Donaggio score really ads to the fucked-upness.

I don't mean neon literally per se but like those bright rubbery colors of the zombies' fleshtones. Really saturated, over-the-top primary colors you get in a lot of 'fun' 80s horror.

Halloween
The Thing
The Exorcist

>Rosemary's Baby
>70's horror

Released in 1968

you guys never fail to give me the exact response i expect. never change teevee. have fun with your edgy serial killer movies for teens

>there are EIGHTEEN fucking movies in the Amityville horror series
jfc I'm guessing most of them are dumpster fires

film periods should be really categorized more like
65 - 75
75 - 85
the style developed at the tail end of a decade always bleeds into the next decade

Post horror movies only you've seen.

those arent horror movies you animal.

Just watched House of 1000 Corpses. I like what Rob Zombie tries to do, but I just wish he was better at it.

Yeah, that's retarded. I was specifically asking about everything up to Dollhouse and excluding the shitty remake. After that I'm not even going to bother.

Oops, meant Carrie

very underrated.

>Where there is no imagination, there is no horror.

Which movies do this right?

>jfc I'm guessing most of them are dumpster fires
Try all of them.

I remember seeing this around Halloween time on USA years and years ago.

Goddamn TCM has been airing The Thing non stop now.

Plenty of us have seen this. It is a Stuart Gordon film after all.

I always recommend it in these threads. I love the dark fairy tale aspect.

those two films are psychological dramas you twat

where can a nigga get a good torrent of this

search with the year, doofus.

btdb.to/q/zombie 1979/

>liking monster and ghost movies made for literal children

i was stuck at 13% on one with 3 other people. ill check the 18gb one though. thanks.

>not knowing a torrent's health by looking at your client

Come on, man. This is basic shit.

rutracker is usually good about keeping things seeded. figured i could just leave it for a couple days as usual but nope.

Comedy Horror

Nice bait

it's a pleb channel

lots of people have seen that

Someone asked why last house on dead end street was worth bothering with in a previous thread

It is completely unique in the atmosphere it creates, it feels nastier and more hateful than almost any other horror I've seen
It's super low budget but the graininess of the shitty film stock really works in its favour in creating something nightmarish, it's about snuff films and really feels like one

A scratchy 'grindhouse' HD version exists (it was an Easter egg on VS release of Corruption) and is worth watching if you are looking for something a bit different

PS also reminder to watch Angst, Angustia or Arrebato

Watched The Gate and hated it. Would rather watch a slasher.

>gf and I are marathoning horror films all month
>watched Sleepwalkers last night
>Maximum Overdrive tonight

Why do woman love cheesy Stephen King movies?

>tfw still no good blu-ray copy
i fucking love this film and it kills me they haven't printed a clear blu-ray of it yet.
they made some shitty nip transfer that was garbage!
hopefully Arrow or Criterion pick it up.

women like trashy books

Fuck you fag

having some flashbacks of daddy?

Are any Hammer sequels worth checking out?
I've just finished watching the original three, Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Mummy.

Seen this so far.
The only movies I hated were Mordum (seriously, fuck this piece of shit and everyone involved in making it) and Guinea Pig 1+3.

forgot pic

Last few horror movies I've seen and their ratings, because fuck you:

Torment (2013) 6/10
Really average and by the number home invasion/crazy killers family movie, but it's well done, as good acting and some creepy moments. Sound design is also pretty good.

Class of 1999 5/10
It was... okay? Not a good sequel, but a decent movie anyway. Terminator Teachers killing gang students. Taci Lind was such a fucking babe back then. I'll rewatch it just for her and she doesn't even get naked.

Happy Birthday to Me 7/10
Okay, I lied. It's a 9/10 for my taste. I really loved that weird ass movie. Almost no gore, no nudity, every character is crazier than the next, that ending with the multiple twists, the Scooby-Doo reaveal and that flashback of the killer chlorophorming the main girl multiple times that felt like some Benny Hill sketch, I loved it all!

I read your post and I hate you. I would rather read a shitpost.

But I also love slashers, so...

semi-related, the Corruption trailer cracks me the hell up: youtube.com/watch?v=GxONfGlFurY

Strait-Jacket is Kino Willam Castle. Lots of slasher 'tropes' in it, but it's a lot more than that.

I saw the I Spit on your Grave remake last week. I really liked it. Same with Last House on the Left (the ending of the remake was a little too action movie for my taste, but the rest was great).

I usually hate remakes, but sometimes they can be good. Just sometimes though.

You must stop.

Street Trash isn't really horror. It's almost a comedy. A gross and gruesome comedy.
That game of penis football was so fucking weird.

It's kind of loosely in that genre zone of Splatter and trashy mutoid expoitation that definitely usually takes the form of horror, it's just that in its case, yes, it doesn't really function to scare you but more for the trashy fun / comedy. Although the truth is there is a lot of horror that is like that.

Made it to the red circle so far. I preloaded all the F13s because I'm churning them out this week.

One of my co-workers was describing a movie to me last night.
This kid and his friend are being babysat, and there's a note or some shit saying something along the lines of 'if you leave the house youll die'.
It turns out that the main kid is the bad guy and he's crazy obsessed with the babysitter and ends up shooting his friend and bashing the babysitters boyfriends face in with a paint can or some shit.

Anyone know what movie?

how is american horror story s7? considering watching but would like expert opinion before I do

Better Watch Out

>What subgenre of horror is the most kino form of horror?
Drama that ends in spooky death.

I hated Mordum too. Only one good scene in the whole movie. There wasn't even a good story or any interesting characters.
You should watch Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer to cleanse your mouth of the taste of August Underground Mordum.

Death Ship scared me as a kid (I saw it when I was 8). Now it's very cheesy, but I still got a kick out of rewatching the candy scene.

If you liked Driller Killer, try The Headless Eyes (1971).

Thanks, friend.

I saw an old movie as a kid, maybe some of you fine fellows can tell me the title?

All I remmeber is the dad of the main character's crush was a scentist injecting serum in people and turning them into monsters. At the end, the guys wakes up on the floor, he's won, but you don't see his face and when they show it it's all monstruous and melted because he was accidentally poked with a needle of the serum.

It was a 70s movie, I'm pretty sure. Or very early 80s. The main character was wearing jeans and a jean jacket all the time.

FUCKING TV FAGS ANSWER ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Evil Dead Trap might be good if you want more Japanese stuff.

Also something something about paintings or a painter. It's driving me nuts.
Maybe the word freak or beast in the title. Maybe...

splatstick, like Braindead

That sounds a lot like Return of the Living Dead III.

No. I love ROTLD3, but that's not it.
>tfw no self-mutilating zombie waifu to cremate myself with

It was a 70s b-movie. More like b-b-movie, actually.

Better Watch Out was fun.
But man, the babysitter was waaaaaay too comfortable around the kid, no wonder he got all those ideas.

Loved that paint can kill.