Welcome to the year's first "how to improve Korra" thread!

Welcome to the year's first "how to improve Korra" thread!

Should have resisted fast forwarding the show's level of technology at all. All of Avatar's charm came from its setting and Korra altered it too drastically.

Agreed.

The mech was fucking ridiculous.

Huh, apparently I'm a Zaheerian Unalaqist!

>not Kuvirian-Amonist master race

Step 1: Have it remain one season, just a slightly longer one.
Step 2: No more seasons after 1.
Step 3: Less romance bullshit.
Step 4: Less bad toilet jokes.

Fuck off commie

remove psychic blood bending bullshit. Bam perfect series

It seems like the maker of OPs image doesn't know how a coordinate plane works.

She should have hooked up with Asami in season 2 so we had several seasons of lesbians.
Also she should have had s4 appearance from the start.

Thank god somebody pointed out how piss-poor the comedy was! I think a lot of people forget how cringey it was because they're too focused on "muh spirit portals".

What? Avatar's setting was generic and boring as fuck. Korra actually did something interesting with it by bringing it into the industrial age.

Bruh, it's 2017, not 1984

It was less about the setting and more about the atmosphere. Setting it in the industrial age kills all the spirituality and awesome bending. Plus, it doesn't make sense for it to be that advanced in 70 years.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Unalaq to be Authoritarian and for Kuvira to be right?

There was nothing wrong with psychic bloodbending shit.

They should've let the Amon and Kuvira remain as antagonists rather then turn them into cartoonishly evil villains. That ambiguity where both parties are striving to help the world but with opposing beliefs made up a lot of what I found interesting in the show, and it felt like a cop-out when they decided to break out the evil mustache-twirling.

Are you kidding me? It was 100% broken and destroyed the entire balance of power in the Avatar universe!

How?

It was kinda stupid though. Like, heres this super rare, super guarded secret and then this dude can just do it with his mind. Like how the fuck did he even figure it out. Hes clearly far older than katara and Hamma didn't have any family. Like it was kinda gay.

The Legend of Korra is like Disney's Moana in terms of story
The villains show up for about 5-7 minutes and then just sort of meander off without a good explanation except for "They are defeated"

Kuvira: Nationalist, obviously bigoted, is more militaristic than dictatorial, fights for tradition.

Unalaq: Aristocrat, shows no real right wing bias, wants to RULE OVER THE ENTIRE WORLD

Not being a patrician Kuvirian-Zaheerian

How the fuck would that even work?

With a can-do-attitude!

korra thread on Sup Forums no thank you

But Kuvira was meant to be the exact opposite of Zaheer, and Unalaq was meant to represent theocracy, a primarily right-wing ideology.

Theocracy can go both ways, depending on the belief system itself. Honestly, spirit-worship seems a lot more left-wing than right-wing. Plus, even if his beliefs were right-wing, I'd still say his motivation to rule over the whole world for at least 10,000 years trumps that.

Fair enough.
Well OP, I guess you'd better update the picture.

Every time one of these threads come up, I write like 10 paragraphs to post then dont do it.
I decided I am just gonna make a shitty video on it.

That would reach a wider audience. The YouTube comments on Korra videos share a similar sentiment to Sup Forums, and YouTube comments are usually inane.

Korras still better than that dog shit you call a show.

>more militaristic than dictatorial,
what does this even mean? Kuvira was a military dictator. There was no balance of power within her within her Earth Empire. She was not accountable to any judiciary or legislature. She gained the army's loyalty, and used them to become a dictator.

>fights for tradition.
eliminating the Earth Kingdom monarchy is not fighting for tradition. Contrast that with other dictators who keep the monarchy intact like thought the history of Imperial Japan. Kuvira is more like Oliver Cromwell than like Hideki Tojo.

Don't make the issues disappear as soon as the antagonist is defeated
>Amon is revealed, no more equalists or clashes between benders and non-benders
>Unalak is destroyed, no more clashes between the north and the south
>No complaints about the Red Lotus, it's a cell that doesn't have wide support, and besides Kuvira is here to take advantage of the power vacuum.
And have you noticed that the villains are the ones advancing the plot? Korra is merely reacting.
>Equalist revolts
>Opening of the spirit portails
>Assassination of world leaders
>Military coup
Korra doesn't do a single important proactive thing in that series, where Aang actually went out of his way to help people and find solutions.

Also, Avatar had a clear goal "Stop the fire nation", that became "Stop the fire lord before the return of Sozin's comet" in the last season. Korra had a villain of the week structure and no overreaching plot; there is no reason for it to end after season 4, the world will still have problems that need to be solved.

>Plus, it doesn't make sense for it to be that advanced in 70 years.
Wut?

I never understood this complaint. LoK is 70 years after ATLA.

Zepplins, jetskis, submarines, giant industrial drills, battleships, and tanks that can climb sheer cliff faces were all in ATLA.

We went from the first tank to putting a man on the moon in a similar time period.

All the Fire nation's scientific innovations were propelled by a century long war...

Excluding the Fire nation's war machines, the Avatar world's technological sophistication, as of AtLA, was slightly above the level of feudal japan, with much of the technology designed to harness or utilize bending...

LoK takes place seventy years later, but in that short period of peace-time they have some how created radios, high-rise architecture, cars...

It's almost as if the creators wanted to have the Avatar putz around the Prohibition era, and didn't care whether or not it made sense in relation to AtLA's pre-established setting...

>nothing's ever been invented in peace time
Nigga...

Please share once it's done.