It seems like a lot of people have some reservations about the DCEU and the way the characters in it have been treated

It seems like a lot of people have some reservations about the DCEU and the way the characters in it have been treated.
If you had creative control, how would you have outlined a properly-functioning DC cinematic universe (be it villains, specific heroes, storylines, etc)?

Well, DC is WB property and has been for a long time, so to me it's always seemed like a waste of resources for them to not utilize that.....for me, I would have set it up in such a way that the Flash scene, instead of being a set up for an Injustice movie, was ripping a portal in the universe in which you see a glimpse of the world of the Looney Tunes, Bruce becomes obsessed by this and then when the Justice League is formed, he's doing experiments with the Flash to try and figure out what happened and it works, but in a different way, and the Looney Tunes are transported into the Justice Leagues world and have to team up together, and since WB owns Mortal Kombat as well at the end of the movie when they try to send the Looney Tunes back they open another portal to the Mortal Kombat universe which sets up the sequel in which the Justice League and Looney Tunes have to team up with Mortal Kombat heroes

>first movie
Three hours of Superman raping Zod.
>second movie
Three hours of Superman and Batman graphically raping Lex and Joker.
>third movie
Three hours of Wonder Woman graphically raping Joker with a strap-on.

By graphically I mean, making Irreversible look like a kids' movie.

after careful consideration I have decided to support rapeanon's ideas

Overall tone of the DCU would be colorful, optimistic, and visually engaging. Dark and dreary works for Batman stories, but that's about it. Accept and integrate the comic book aspects: magic can be real, science is a little more crazy, the laws of physics aren't as set in stone.

For a Batman stand-alone I'd do the Court of the Owls story. It's good story that would allow you to show Batman's detective skills at work and you can include the whole Bat-family. As long as you don't treat it like a secret when the movie is advertised it will work because people will learn whos-who before seeing the movie. No "my parents died" scenes, no Joker. The overall tone for the city isn't one of despair and corruption. Batman has been at this for a while, organized crime no longer controls the city, and occasionally a more-dangerous-than-average criminal causes some chaos. I think the bottom line on any epic Batman story is that at the end of the day Gotham is better off for his work.

For Supes, All Star Superman. I know it was a cartoon movie but not that many people saw it and it's a great story that captures what makes Superman a hero is ultimately his humanity, not his powers.

I'm not going to think of anything for JL because it's bedtime and I really only want better Batman movies...

Exactly the same except bribe critics, pay for shills, and use Twitter bots to fix the narrative in its favor.

I want to have a Batman where it's set in the 40s and Batman's fighting nazis with the french resistance.

I'd kick it off with a Superman movie starring, say, Henry Cavill, he's a good actor, can do joy and gravitas and get big. Kevin Costner is great at understated roles, he'd make good Pa Kent, teaching Clark about responsibility and not getting eaten up by responsibility. Lois and Lex need to have strong actors, Amy Coker for Lois for instance. Lex is the hardest one, I feel he should be the brilliant, iron willed scientist who incidentally commands a business empire. He's older, wiser, smarter; dignified and impressive but at his core an asshole. I'm honestly not sure, Clancy Brown maybe but he could be too old.

At the end it doesn't have to be a coming of age story but it should be all about overcoming adversity without losing yourself.

>He fell for the Disney bribes critics meme.

They do. I don't even hate the MCU nor am I the guy you're replying to, but there is no way every single one of their films gets great reviews just "because they're always great!"

Keep it in the same continuity as the Nolan trilogy. Batman is Robin John Blake.

Man of Steel shows the Kents finding a spaceship and raising the baby as their own and a couple of Superboy adventures that show him getting used to his powers. Fast forwards to mild-mannered Clark Kent: a meek but optimistic reporter who wants to help the world by giving it information. Secretly he's Superman. He is able to slip out often because nobody ever notices him. The movie ends with Superman foiling various normal criminals as well as Toyman, who made a bunch of giant robots. Mid-credits scene shows Lex Luthor seeing a previous scene from his perspective out of the window of his office, then smiling menacingly.

The Caped Crusader takes place one year prior to Superman showing up in Metropolis. It shows Bruce's parents' death and has a couple of fast forwards through his training: one scene of him meditating, one of him learning various sciences, one of him learning martial arts, one of him learning how to be a detective. The iconic bat scene happens and he becomes Batman. He stops a couple of crimes (including Red Hood) but then meets Dick Grayson. Reminded of his own parents' deaths, he adopts Dick and trains him so he can find his own parents' killers and avenge them. Batman modifies Robin's circus outfit to better prepare him. They find the killers but Robin convinces Batman to let him be his partner permanently. Batman agrees. Mid-credits scene shows Res Hood leaving the acid, walking crazily until he takes the hood off and looks in a mirror (we only see the shadows). He says "no" multiple times screams it, is silent for a moment, then laughs maniacally.

cont.

World's Finest: Superman's arrival makes Batman suspicious, but Robin is eager to meet another crime fighter like them. Batman tries to find out everything about Superman, and ends up finding out that he has a secret identity. Meanwhile Superman is getting information regarding rumors about a supposed "Bat-monster" that attacks criminals. He dismisses these rumors as mere superstition that the police force is using to spook criminals.

Superman does Superman things and eventually gets in trouble when the government sends Captain Atom to take him down. Robin convinces Batman to help out Superman and Batman reluctantly agrees, showing Robin that he knew about the government's secret project and made a contingency plan against Captain Atom. Captain Atom uses various kinds of radiation until he notices the adverse effect red sun radiation had on Superman and decides to only use that kind. Luckily, Superman is able to absorb yellow sun radiation at a fast rate, so Captain Atom is never able to fully depower him. Batman shows up in a special anti-Captain Atom suit and uses special chemicals to disable him temporarily. He and Superman then convince him (and the government) that they are not enemies by refusing to kill Captain Atom. The end of the movie has Superman shaking Batman's hands, saying that they could make the World's Finest team. Mid-credits scene shows Superman, Batman, Robin, and Captain Atom at a coffee shop talking about stuff.

I certainly wouldn't make the second DCEU story a combination of The Death of Superman and DKR. Those are iconic stories, but they are endings, and a DC universe should be much fresher and optimistic so near the beginning. That doesn't mean you have to remake or continue the Donner movies, which was Superman Returns' biggest flaw.

Take all the time necessary to find a really good screenwriter and have him write a script.

Take the script and use it to attract a really good director who's not above doing something on the schlocky side.

Now, here's the important part, so pay attention. Let the director make the fucking movie.

Repeat this process for each film and only consult with the directors to ensure a few specific cameos and references are inserted tastefully, culminating in one or more crossover films for which the process in no way changes.

The distinction between DC and other properties (don't just compare it to Marvel or the MCU - as those are different things, let's be honest) - is that most commonly agreed upon IPs from the DC universe are comparable to the Olympian gods and goddess.

For the most part, the traditional DC properties are these people: Flash is Mercury, Diana is a combination of Athena and Artemis, Arthur is Poseidon, etc.

>Clancy Brown

Would make a decent General Lane. He's way too fucking old for Lex. They should just hire Rosenbaum (sp?) but he really doesn't want to shave his fucking head and he's a bit past annoyed at being type-cast, although a paycheck is a paycheck.

Congratulations! You're retarded!

In your world; WB owns RT and yet they are unable to influence the reviewers that are RT approved critics, while Disney are.

Think about it for a second- all it would take to expose Disney would be a misplaced email by an intern, a disgruntled ex-employee or a reviewer who wanted to break the one of the biggest stories in entertainment.

You also don't know how RT works. A film gets a positive review if a critic gives it 6/10. A 99% score indicates that 99% of critics thought the film was at least a 6/10. The critic score is the average score given by the critics and is more indicative of the films quality- for example Doctor Strange has a 90% Tomatometer score but only like 7/10 for the average critic score.

MARTHA

What great reviews? They get like 7/10 for the most part.

Superman Returns.
Wonder Woman Appears
Batman Begins
Beware My Power Green Lanterns Might
I Am The Fastest Man Alive
The Last Son of Mars

Start of by making good movies that feature DC characters that just happen to take place in the same universe at similar times.
Make the characters OBVIOUSLY part of a new canon compared to previous movies so things dont get horribly confusing.
Use your most popular characters but also pick some linked B/C list properties without much public awareness.

So say, a "Batman : Under the Mask" movie where he targets police corruption linked to organised crime (which is linked to either Black Mask or the Penguin or someone) and has a B-plot of The Red Hood gang and the jokers origin or something linked to the main plotline that can be the crux of a later movie. Make sure other places and people in the DC universe are mentioned, so if a train is being robbed it was on the way from Central City not New York, if you need a big newspaper mention the Daily Planet etc.
And a Superman movie that does a similar thing, pick a Superman villain who would A: have a plot Lois has to foil with the help of Jimmy and Clark and B: is or creates or control a big enemy Superman can punch and look good while fighting in the third act action sequence.

So maybe the world is reacting to Superman with fear so we get some "anti superman" military projects or projects using kryptonian technology that can be the start of your super-technology heroes like Cyborg and Captain Atom or even fucking Bulleteer.
Or some movies about magic, featuring Zatanna or Constantine or even Tim Hunter or Shazam.
Or something setting up the worlds history and The Justice Society of America in the interwar years and WW2 with legacy characters, Mr Terrific or Stargirl, a Flash, maybe a Green Lantern.

Then once you have a few good movies and at least one sequel, you do a team up movie where multiple characters are forced to work together against a larger threat, that could be a group of supervillains like the Legion of Doom, or a single bad guy like Starro.

And then you can build from there.

So basically like MCU?

This. The consensus score isn't very representative of the critical score, and often makes films look better, or worse, than they should be. If we take Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad, and then compare them to their closest three MCU films, Iron Man, Civil War, and Guardians and use the top critics scores, we see

Iron Man v Man of Steel
>critical score
>7.2 v 5.9

That's only a difference of 1.3, that's a pretty big difference, but not world ending.

Civil War v Batman v Superman
>critical score
>7.8 v 5

A big difference, the biggest in fact, but keep in mind, this was the chopped to shit edition of BvS.

Guardians v Suicide Squad
>critical score
>7.1 v 5.1

The biggest issue with the DCEU is making average films. Rotten Tomatoes isn't about critical score, it's heavily waited towards whether people should see something when it's out. To that end a "meh" film isn't good enough. If everyone thinks your film is average, you're going to see a 0 on the consensus. The DCEU is really close to being good, the tomatometer just doesn't give it justice. Maybe things will turn around now that the studio has been actually made and there'll be more competent people involved.

Get rid of Zack the Hack

Bring in Whedon

Suddenly a billion dollars

I would have loved something based in the 40s and 50s loosely based on new frontier.

But I'm okay with what they're doing now.

Not really. The MCU (at the start) lacks truly big names in the public consciousness like DC has with batman and Superman as they had to sell those rights to Spiderman, X-Men and FF movies in the 90's, so they led with a Iron-Man movie, a soundly B list character at the time.

Plus the early movies would often focus on hero main characters personal nemesis rather than just establishing the character, to the detriment of both. See Iron Monger and hydra Red Skull.

Marvel movies also tend towards not tying themselves together during the movie, and are over-reliant on post credits scenes.

Plus though they started with B-list characters they shot straight for the a-list team of the Avengers, I would leave the JL for a while, at least till we have some side characters with movies and a good handle on the Justice Society of America in universe.

Pretty much the only ways my idea resembels the MCU is that DC/WB should make good superhero movies targeted towards mainstream audiences but built so a fan can enjoy them from a perspective of wider knowledge.

change nothing and stuck up with what we got rather than butcher things worse trying to do damage control

>Overall tone of the DCU would be colorful, optimistic, and visually engaging. Dark and dreary works for Batman stories, but that's about it. Accept and integrate the comic book aspects: magic can be real, science is a little more crazy, the laws of physics aren't as set in stone.
Fucking this.

They're unconventional, but fresh.

>Wonder Woman Appears
How about "Wonder Woman: First Daughter of the Amazons?"