It's another Tom Cruise movie that did well at the box office

>It's another Tom Cruise movie that did well at the box office

This guy has been a fixture in Hollywood for more than 30 years and has had at most three flops as the top star. How the fuck does he do it? Will his run ever end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EcdK8J74DSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HARVESTED

Was that movie any good?

I've always been a big fan of Cocaine Cowboys and Miami Vice n shieet.

Post box office numbers senpai. Cruise control.

Yes it is.
Perhaps one of the best biopics this year.

Can't bruise the cruise. His stunts even killed someone this time.

> any good at all?
No

Kill the Messenger was pretty boring, and it was more or less about the same stuff, so I was just asking.

>His stunts even killed someone this time.
Based.

Sometimes i want to like tom again then i remember he is a freaky xenu worshiper.

Paramount basically lets him do whatever the fuck he wants. He picks everyone associated in the movie. Has his own team of writers and directors he likes or wants to work with. Chinks also love Tom so that’s a plus. Even when the movie is bad (Cocktail, Knight & Day) he is so motherfucking charming it doesn’t matter.

I guess Scientology actually works

Tom basically has Mel Gibson money and can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Separate the man from the work user.

No shit, that doesn't explain his continued success. That only seems like a salient point if he was making a string of bombs without caring.

Impossible. Shit it isnt even an abrahmic religion.

I wonder who will be the next Cruise-tier actor.

Who gives a fuck what a person chooses to find solace in?

there may not be another. he is a one-off

His movies are usually terribly fun. He's attractive and charismatic. I don't care if he's a scientologist.

He has the greatest longevity as a top star ever, everyone else from his era has had numerous flops. Cruise has been a massive draw in four separate decades now and he does it with a ton of different roles. Even the actors who try to cash in on nostalgia like Arnold flop, Genisys was a joke until China saved it

The truth is, contrary to what impression the guy might make due to his religious views, Tom Cruise is actually very smart. He plays it safe.
He's the James Cameron of actors.

You should wait for the torrent. It is absolutely not worth the theater. I kept trying to get into it but around the third time a plot development gets thrown in my face I kinda checked out. There was also an ugly digital washed out look to it. Tom Cruise was also fairly paunchy. It also didn't help that it was basically just filled with TV actors like Jesse Plemons and that suicidal guy from Twin Peaks S3. I give it a 5/10. Probably would have been a better HBO original movie.

he can do anything
youtube.com/watch?v=EcdK8J74DSY

worst fucking review I've ever read.
>basically just filled with TV actors like Jesse Plemons
Ignorance. Pure ignorance.

There's no movie stars in it besides Cruise. That's just a fact. He is the center of the movie and thus there is nothing more to it. It's a classic vanity project.

Bradley Cooper seems to be trying. I can’t really think of anyone with range that can fill the role.

>handsome but has a flaw (low height)
>can kick ass but is very friendly
>not too smart but not a retard
>loves to be funny but not a clown
>etc.
He has like the perfect balance of everything and has that "our guy"appeal. I always thought of him as of a real life Marty McFly.