Left or Right and why?

Left or Right and why?

KND is actually good

Right because I'm not a fucking libtard Tumblrina

KND was better because it got to the point in less time, also Father was a great villain, even in the later seasons.

I will pick right. I have only seen the first season of Steven Universe, but the characters and stories in Kids Next Door appealed to me more than what I have seen of Steven Universe.

Can we all just stop pretending that any cartoon pre 2010 was good

If we're talking about the characters, left. At least the gems are just mentally broken rebels as opposed to the underdogs of an extremist anti-adults secret organization.

bump

I pick both because fuck you OP.

>Can we all just stop pretending that any cartoon post-2010 was good
FTFY

What about Gumball? I don't really watch it much, but it's a good cartoon for the 2010s.

Right. And I'll tell you why. Steven Universe was something that from the start felt like it was going to build up to something and the results have been rather meh, I mean if you like it sure, but my point is you knew there was going to be some kind of story.

KND is a show that when you start watching it, you don't expect even a little of the lore and detail the show eventual evolves into. The show just seems like a "hurr adults bad" kid fantasty but it really grows into having it's own story and legacy. I think that overarching story with the fun side episodes is its strength. Also, KND is a lot more creative and funny

I agree that SU is lacking in the story department right now, but I feel like once it gets there (and it has to at some point) it's going to be really good. KND also took quite a while to get going, so I have faith in SU.

This

slamwich

Right, partially because nostalgia, partly because it did literally everything better than SU ever could hope to do.

Right cause it doesn't look like a girls show

Left.

Gee, a choice between cyanide and a glass of lemonade. I wonder which one people will pick. Right, obviously.

SU.
KnD was cute and all but I never really cared about the characters or anything. I'll trash SU for all its shortcomings but at least I care enough to do that.

But the lore side of KND was completely lame.

>it doesn't look like a girls show

Closet case confirmed. Verifying micropenis.

Reminder that most of the people picking right aren't doing so because of the quality of the two shows but because their entire self-identities hinge on rejection of meaningless labels like "tumblr" and "SJW" and they've projected that obsession unto a kids' cartoon.

Proof:

>SU
>started off with a bang, but never actually went anywhere

>KND
>started off very simple and "villain of the month"
>eventually started building a world and lore
>multiple connecting story arcs and contrdictions all having permanent effects of the setting

>the show with 10 year olds playing make believe involves less crying than the show with adults that are thousands of years old

Really gets the neurons firing....

KND's description could accurately describe both shows.

Or maybe that's the joke? SU sure didn't start with "a bang," its earliest episodes are its shittiest ones.

When SU introduced the concept of Homeworlders, I was really looking forward to what they would have to face next.

Then they don't do anything with it forever until we finally get a formal introduction to the Diamonds. You think, "oh shit are they going to send in another Jasper type character to show their own strength?" Nope, we just go back to the main cast. Although we do get to learn more about what rose did, it seems like the Diamonds are just forgotten again.

Or! Or, stay with me here, the show on the right is higher quality?

i mean shoot, Numbah 1 is a far more competent leader than anyone in Steven Universe, as he's capable of going a whole episode without breaking down in tears and sobbing because "someone flaunted their white privilege near him aboo hoo".

Left.

Don't get me wrong, if you're just watching an episode here or there, KND is the far better show. All the plots are daft and selfcontained enough that you can start from anywhere and be fine.

Problem is, if you had to marathon one of these from start to finish SU would be superior simply because of the worldbuilding, lore, character development and increased self awareness. Those few factors have become especially more important in nearly all shows over the past couple of decades, as they're really able to hook people in.

This isn't to say steven universe isn't great on an episode to episode basis of course; the character interactions are funny, the visual gags are good, the expressions are absolutely fantastic. Problem is, it's hurt by the 11 minute runtime; while most shows like to run two major plot threads parallel that intertwine during an episode in, the best 11 minutes can do is major plot thread and overrarching plot thread. Hence why episodes like Bismuth needed double time.

That being said, they're both great shows, and despite the tumblr bitching on both sides, SU has never actually shamed someone for being white, which if you listened here enough, it apparently does 5 times an episode.

right because it was an actually good show the whole way through

>Problem is, if you had to marathon one of these from start to finish SU would be superior simply because of the worldbuilding, lore, character development and increased self awareness.

Have you actually watched knd? Because it pretty much does the same thing steven universe does and much better because it actually gets to the fucking point. The development happens after the first season, but so does steven universe.

Let's be fucking real for a second, the whole lore and world building and permanent changes to a show, it's nothing new, other older shows have done it and done it better, it's just that modern cartoonists are toting it around as a gimmick instead of, you know, just focusing on making good entertainment first.

I mean shit, steven universe is basically knockoff dragonball fanfiction, I could literally just watch dragonball or even dragonball z and get the exact same thing out of it.

Right but left has a chance to go somewhere if they want. I know they don't want to

>i never watched KND and i love SU the post

>>Problem is, if you had to marathon one of these from start to finish SU would be superior simply because of the worldbuilding, lore, character development and increased self awareness.
I don't think you've actually watched all of KND

Right

Are you baiting a flamewar between tumblrinas and people who pride themselves on not being tumblrinas?

You mean he was a competent leader from episode 1 and never changed? If you compared Pearl from season 1 to season 3 you see an huge difference in her self confidence and attitude. The Sardonyx arc and Mr Greg were key episodes in this.

You are just trying to start a argument aren't you

These two shows are completely different. I'm taking both

I liked knd as a kid but it sometimes but it always borderline cringe for me, sort of like CN version of Rocket Power and sometimes went to over