vimeo.com/34891933
vimeo.com/45322909
dailymotion.com/video/x8wt4j_brothers-quay-1987-rehearsals-for-e_creation
youtube.com/watch?v=6d-tNXxTRBA
youtube.com/watch?v=ge18Ieyi9bI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=6IyU02E9bdM

So, /Laika/ general?

Coraline = Kubo > Paranorman > Boxtrolls.

wtf im a furfag now
also, wtf

I believe this counts. It's 80% stop motion, and technically when the humans aren't puppets, they're animated by putting each frame of pre-recorded footage on the stop-motion set physically. I kinda consider it the first animated feature film aside from, say, Snow White.

vimeo.com/34891933

Perfect

full thing,
vimeo.com/45322909

Beautiful to watch. Everything is some kind of fabric.

I thought Kubo was the weakest of Laika's films because it didn't spend nearly enough time developing the story's world the way the other films did; it instead felt like a very narrow and forced journey from points A-Z. Coraline had the same problem to a smaller extent in its third act, but made up for it by having the most solid first act out of all of Laika's films. For me it's:

Coraline=Paranorman>Boxtrolls>>>Kubo

dailymotion.com/video/x8wt4j_brothers-quay-1987-rehearsals-for-e_creation

wtf?!

reminds me of Lee Hardcaste's claymation. You should check out his stuff for even better looking gore.

From the same animator:
youtube.com/watch?v=6d-tNXxTRBA

who /chickenrun/ here?

I should make a Stop-Motion rec pic.
>Wallace & Gromit
>Shaun The Sheep
>Everything Laika
>Nightmare Before Christmas
>Moral Orel
>Adventure of Mark Twain
>James and the Giant Peach
>The Book of the Dead
>Panique au village
>Fantastic Mister Fox
>Anomalisa
>My Life as a Courgette
>A Town Called Panic
>Alice
>Neighbours

Oh, and Mary and Max.

Paranorman was a technical marvel. They actually animated that at 24 fps, didn't they?

Too bad Laika can't write scripts for shit. Their character arcs and moral messages are hamfisted garbage.

Junk Head

youtube.com/watch?v=ge18Ieyi9bI

yeah, i agree with this

No Laika film is a technical marvel. They're all bland shit.

Everyone loves Coraline but story-wise, I think it's one of their worse movies being slightly under Boxtrolls by a small margin. Aside from the great villain, we were just following a bratty character that I really hated watching go from set piece to set piece in a random manner. At least with Alice in Wonderland, she was trying to follow the rabbit and getting caught up with stuff along the way.

Everyone from Coraline, to Whyby, to her parents felt like they were trying their hardest to be their most annoying and unsympathetic as possible.

>Everyone from Coraline, to Whyby, to her parents felt like they were trying their hardest to be their most annoying and unsympathetic as possible.
I think that was part of the point of the movie, at least everybody but Coraline. You're seeing the characters from her perspective- her neighbours are weird, her parents are distant and snippy (because they're overworked and stressed out at that moment in time) and the only kid around her age is slightly autistic or something. Like Coraline herself you're supposed to slightly dislike them, until the other world happens and she/you realize how much worse it could be then to just be around some mild eccentrics. Plus her parents lighten up after they get their contract or whatever they were working at.