Is this image an accurate representation of season 3?

Is this image an accurate representation of season 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2016/12/bojack-horseman-season-4-creator-raphael-bob-waksberg-christmas-special-1201762820/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can someone explain the appeal of the underwater episode? It's probably one of my least favorite episodes of the series

But it's artsy and bold to do a show with so little dialogue!

Season 3 killed my interest in the show. It feels like it meanders around and retreads the second season. It also wasn't funny, well, beyond OP's pic.

I just hated the abortion episode, it doesn't make sense for two rich people living in Hollywood to not have a baby, especially considering that they're in their mid-30's and there's literally nothing in their life that makes raising a child hard.

Eh, I may have put too much thought into a cartoon show, but it still bothered me a lot for some reason.

I agree. It felt as though they didn't know where to go

Yea, and it's not like they can't do the usual
>Just toss it to a nanny for 14 hours a day and pretend you're bonding for the rest of the 4.

indiewire.com/2016/12/bojack-horseman-season-4-creator-raphael-bob-waksberg-christmas-special-1201762820/
JUST FUCK MY SHOW UP

Maybe they just didn't want a child.
I mean they already had doubts about their marriage, having a kid would only make the problem worse.

>I just hated the abortion episode, it doesn't make sense for two rich people living in Hollywood to not have a baby, especially considering that they're in their mid-30's and there's literally nothing in their life that makes raising a child hard.

Dianne has been established to be a feminist who is devoted to her career and who had a shitty childhood where she was forced to take care of her ungrateful family because she was the only girl and her brothers got to do whatever they wanted. It makes sense that someone like her wouldn't want a baby that she would feel trapped by. Not everyone wants to be a parent, even if they have the resources to do so.

Mr. Peanutbutter probably would have gone either way. If Dianne wants an abortion, he supports her. If Dianne says that she wanted to have a million babies, he would have supported her.

Season One had a great ending for the series. Season Two was unnecessary, but still good enough that I'd say that ending manages to outshine Season One's and would've been an even better place to end the series.

By Season Three I started to get the feeling that maybe they weren't actually interested in telling a complete story, and just wanted to keep pumping these out until they got stale a la Family Guy or The Simpsons.

It's the first time in the entire series that you get to see what life is like under the sea, and it's all very fascinating. The scenery and music are serene and engaging. Bojack's trying to make amends with a former comrade, a particularly relatable conflict, even for this show. It felt good to see him actually get something right for once with the baby seahorse. The lack of dialogue is seriously the smallest part of the entire thing for me. It's one of my favorite episodes of any show just for the presentation.

The reason why I hated it was because it felt like they were going to actually do something in the season and make Asian Daria grow as a character. Instead none of that happened and it was a complete let down.

I laughed way more than I should have at the fetus song.

I liked the lack of dialogue.

The problem with having a child is that you're stuck with the other parent for the rest of the child's life. Even if you get divorced, even if the relationship ends, you're still going to have to see the other parent occasionally and if you're really unlucky, you're still going to have to deal with your former shitty in-laws too.

>it doesn't make sense for two rich people living in Hollywood to not have a baby,
Are you serious? You can't think of how both Diane and MPB wouldn't want to be saddled with a child? Hollywoo is full of selfish people, those two are no exceptions.

While she could just hire a nanny or leave the baby with Mr. PB, it would still make it more difficult for her to travel (like the time that she planned to take off for several months to cover a story overseas) or work on long-term projects. A baby would be just another obligation that she doesn't want to deal with.

>you're still going to have to see the other parent occasionally
Hahahaha no. When my parents split up my mother married into the military and never saw my father again.

She still could have felt at least a little bad about it. For a woman to do something like an abortion and come out of it completely self assured and feelin fine is a very weird thing. Diane was already one of the shittier characters and the abortion subplot didn't make her any more likable

Why would she feel bad about removing a non-sapient lump of parasitic cells from her uterus?

>Dianne has been established to be a feminist who is devoted to her career
She doesn't actually have a career. She can't support herself with her writing and did a mediocre job at the ghost-tweeting thing until she got fired. The new job at the blog is also sure to quickly go badly.

>She still could have felt at least a little bad about it.

She did seem to feel bad about it. There was a scene near the end of the episode with her on the couch wrapped up in a blanket. She seemed saddened and exhausted by the surgery.

That in an intemperate opinion, sir.

I don't know; wasn't she just recovering from the physical aspect of the abortion?

She literally says she feels like shit because it was exhausting, not because she felt bad for aborting it.

>intemperate
>having or showing a lack of self-control; immoderate.
>given to or characterized by excessive indulgence, especially in alcohol.
Are you sure that was the right adjective?

She seemed to be processing the situation as well. She had a conversation with Princess Caroline, who actually wanted children but who never found the right partner.

Are Bojack and Diane given to "small" hypocrisies? Diane's story in season 2 was about her being a pretty big hypocrite, wasn't it? She fell into a unbathing boozed stupor after it hit her. Bojack's central flaw, his desire to be loved but tendency to treat others hatefully, is also not something I'd call a small hypocrisy.

Regardless about your own stance about abortion, Diane made it apparent that she sees nothing morally wrong with getting an abortion.

I hated how pious that scene was. No jokes, just "my opinons are very correct". It's only going to get worse:

"I really wanted you to like me, Diane."

I really like what a simple summation of his motivation for the entire season that was.

Given how heavily it's foreshadowing a divorce and that Diane is quickly approaching middle-age she has probably also missed her chance to have children. Probably won't come up, though.

I really don't expect them to even bother with it after what the creator said the other day about wanting to make the show more political.

>what the creator said the other day about wanting to make the show more political.
It's sad to see a creative project commit suicide like this.

He said something about how he no longer wanted to make a show about the 'minor hypocrisies of rich liberals' or some nonsense, which made no sense to me as I never once saw the series like that or even political and took it as people living with their previous mistakes and regrets.

It's a way to claim that EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED and that his new show of non-stop whinging is somehow a sensible reaction to that and not just belly-aching.

You can see the interview in

It's not really a loss if she never wanted them to begin with.

Fair enough, but then there's the issue that she'll leave nothing at all after her since she's probably never going to amount to anything as a writer.

For me it wasn't just the lack of dialogue, the punchline it was what made it for me.

It just irked me the whole ep that he couldn't talk

>I just hated the abortion episode, it doesn't make sense for two rich people living in Hollywood to not have a baby, especially considering that they're in their mid-30's and there's literally nothing in their life that makes raising a child hard.
Yeah, other than having a baby when you're not ready fucking sucks. You have literally no time for yourself anymore, your body isn't yours, nothing is yours anymore, you're not important anymore, the only life that matters now is the life of your child. Not everyone is into that.

>Yeah, other than having a baby when you're not ready fucking sucks. You have literally no time for yourself anymore, your body isn't yours, nothing is yours anymore, you're not important anymore, the only life that matters now is the life of your child.

This. Especially if you're a girl and then you have the added expectations from society about how mothers should behave.

Yeah, society has no expectations of fathers. Stupid cunt.

>why can't I just fuck 24/7 and not take even the slightest bit of responsibility like using a condom?

Never understood this sort of "logic".

Regardless, nothing abound aria changed, she's still the same selfish and unlikable character she always was, that's the worst part of the whole mini arc.

>everybody wants babies!
Get off Sup Forums, mom

this is normal and reality for lots of people

Dunno, this read as "I can't empathize with a woman", which is about what I'd expect from the average user.

She did realize that she isn't young anymore. So that's...about a half-inch of character development.

The Asian Daria Show really went nowhere in the third season.

Why would I empathize with women when they have no empathy?

as someone with kids I can tell you, you don't need a good reason to not want kids, the fact that you don't want kids is reason enough not to, for you own good, and the kids.

>defending rich people

She could literally hire a full-time nanny to handle all of the work and only interact with the kid to play and have fun. I am all for abortions for the working class but it's hard to defend in this case.

It was a good choice. They're not parent material, maybe Mr. Peanut butter could be a decent dad with a competent mom, but fuck Diane.

Don't worry; they won't be married for much longer.

ITT: moralfags try to come up with excuses for why you should raise an unwanted, unloved child because abortion is murder

That would require season 4 to have far less filler than season 3

If abortion is murder raising an unwanted, unloved child would be better, so the "if" is the central issue.

Not addressing this central issue is why the episode was a flop.

Stop replying to blatant trolls.

This is all well and good, but the big question is who the hell is this, and will her storyline be good? I hope it's better than Jill's.

That's a whole lot of words to say "you really shouldn't watch season 4."

>Mid-30s
I thought Mister Peanut Butter was at least in his forties?

She's Bojack's illegitimate daughter. She actually bears some resemblance to the fantasy daughter he had in Maine with his deerfu, and she shares the same facial markings he does. Her storyline would probably be trying to reconnect with a father she's never known, only to realize he's not even remotely close to the person she'd always imagined him being, ultimately disappointed at how much of a sad, flawed alcoholic her father actually is.

Remember when everyone thought Jill Pill was going to be someone important in season 3, and she turned out to be just a minor side character?

Father's have typically had a more removed role. There are expectations, but not everyone holds them and they're more loosely defined. You know this.

She wouldn't want that. She'd make herself feel so shitty about it. How do you not get that?

He'll find out she's gay or something or maybe trans and it will be a big thing. Calling it now.

Yep. Wasn't too annoyed, because we never really saw her beforehand. But it'd be a shame to let this cutie go to waste.

don't remind me

m80, just because your mom was an asshole doesn't mean all women are.

>instead of potentially allowing a child that I myself have the power to give the amazing gift of life to
>I will instead delete any chance it has for anything ever even though I have the money and means to assure it's health and well being

They went about the abortion subplot in such a shitty, almost smug kind of way it sort of turned me pro life.

>people

you of course mean niggers

also weird as hell how they did a direct parody of this sort of person/attitude, but was at the same time totally pro choice. Like sort of implying the viewer is meant to sympathize with the girl in pic related and totally support her in her decision.

If she was an absent parent she would hate herself. She already had a shitty childhood. You honestly think she thinks she could provide a child with a good life? You're being stupid.

Asian Daria was disgusted by the whole thing, but found her own reason to have one and couldn't bring herself to feel bad, because she didn't want the child and knew she couldn't be a good mother to a child. She obviously isn't in the right place to supply a kid with a good childhood.

If anything, this is a great example of that hypocrisy the creator mentioned. Diana juxtaposed against Sextina. In the end Sextina kept the kid.

wow this guy really lives up his own ass doesn't he?

When I saw the plot coming I had the hope Bojack horseman would be the one show that would actually talk about shit like this for what it was, and boy, it just turned 360° and walked away to social justice, not only they went pro-choice but openly mocked the opposition.

>the world is black and white
no u

>the world is black and white
Isn't that what you're implying by saying that all abortion is bad without considering personal reasons?

When you live in a world where you don't have to face people who are anti abortion, you don't even perceive it as an issue I guess. But really I liked how they covered Aquafina's thing. A Girl getting an abortion said it made her happy because she thought it was a joke, while Diane was nervously offended for her, like your typical sjw. It was well done. Diane still hasn't gotten her chance to be happy and continues to dig to rock bottom. It's pretty great as far as I'm concerned.

>Can someone explain the appeal of the underwater episode?
It was my favorite, just old school tom and jerry esque cartoon escapades.
It was a nice reprieve from "Suicidal drug horse adventures"

>all abortion is bad without considering personal reasons?
You said that, not me. But to answer your question, no, it isn't; there are so many ways one can avoid getting pregnant, and so many ways almost anyone can avoid actually taking care of a child they give birth to that being OK or not with having an abortion should simply depend on if you believe the thing inside has the right to live or not, which is completely subjective (doesn't mean you can't be stupid about that too, though the only example I've got is someone who said the fetuses aren't alive until they develop a brain when questioned about organisms which do lack a brain they responded with saying that said creatures aren't really living). That said, the stand on abortion for most people depends on completely different ideas most of the time.

>Full-time nanny bonds with the child
>Rich people can have kids so long as they have nannies
>Good parental bonds? Haha no Guadalupe please take Michelle to school.

My favorite thing is making Pro-lifers angry because it's so damn easy.

GET DAT FETUS, KILL THAT FETUS

You avoid the quality of life issue. The abortion happened before the development of a brain, so it being spice or not is a non issue, it is only potential. If you honestly care about the human growing inside you, then you would figure out if you can provide it a good life or not. Diane knew she could not be a mother at that point. Just leaving it with a nanny would have her feeling like a horrible person, and she already feels that way. She made the choice that made the most sense. Mr PB didn't even want to be a father. They made a good choice.

Some people just don't want to have a child.

That's a pretty huge non-answer. No method of contraception is one hundred percent effective. You could be doing ALL of those 'so many ways' and still have something happen (barring abstinence, of course). She was pregnant, so talking about how it could have been prevented is purposely misdirecting the argument. Hindsight is not an argument.

>wanting to make the show more political
It'll either end up like Frisky Dingo or it'll shit the bed.

Then you're a monster who doesn't want to add to this great and wonderful society and your life will be meaningless without the sweet chime of a child's laughter.

I watched the first season and enjoyed it, but I just started the second season and it feels kinda boring? does it get good at some point or worth finishing?

Then why are you posting here and not working on making one user?

But Sextina said she thought she wanted the kid, whereas Diane never did; minutes after learning she was pregnant she was all "abortion!"

>it is only potential
Where does this end? A small child's cognitive abilities are far inferior to an adults. This is taken as reason for adults to make decisions for them but they're deemed to have a right to life. What makes the difference?

He's about as old as Bojack.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm

Because it takes two to tango.... ;_;

>10 shots of Bacardi

I'm all for respecting other people's opinions, but do you seriously want to inflict a life of FEA onto some poor kid?

Honestly this was pretty much the only good part of season 3. Everything else felt like generic filler because they didn't want to put any kind of effort into it.

The abortion subplot could have been something, but then Asian Daria didn't have any kind of character change in the slightest from it and the whole thing was gone withing an episode, making it worthless.

I think he might be 5-10 years younger. The whole point of Doggin' Around was that it was a younger actor ripping off the no-longer-young Bojack,

>without the sweet chime of a child's laughter.

Usually when I hear laughing children, it's because they're misbehaving and acting like little shits in a public place because their parents just don't care or are too tired to deal with them anymore.

That, or it's a horror movie and someone is about to die.

Not everyone wants children. Not everyone enjoys being around them.

Even this took too damn long. They spelled out the foreshadowing in the abortion episode about the possibility that one of the women Bojack's knocked up kept his abortion pay-off and had the kid and then let it lay until the last episode to beat on it with one shot.

Season 1's message was "yes, you are a bad person, Bojack" and season 2 was "it's not easy to make your life better". Season 3's message was "see you next year, suckers!"

Eh, I think Diane would make an absolute horrible mother. She's got too many insecurities and underlying issues she's only now starting to confront in her mid-30s. Mr. Peanutbutter would be an okay dad, but I can see a kid raised by him to have an unwarranted air of invincibility because of the fact that his dad is rich and well-liked and is determined to look on the bright side, even when he shouldn't.