RWBY/RT General #1090: Suddenly has a chance at Resurrection Edition

Previous thread: Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-chapter-7-redux

RT Animated Adventures - Latest Episode(s):

roosterteeth.com/episode/rt-animated-adventures-2016-shrinkin-dreamin

roosterteeth.com/episode/rt-animated-adventures-2016-chris-smoking-hot-date

M3u8: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/c02c6090-3b37-4fcc-801c-a802020ebfea/index.m3u8

Other urls found in this thread:

roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-8-75-gdj6
youtube.com/watch?v=_iq4xplqeI0
youtu.be/Y_R99zEB5io?t=215
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Salem doing nothing wrong

Reminder that Yuri Lowenthal is Mercury Black.

What The Fuck Is This?

So now that we know religion is a thing in remnant, is it plausible that there are cults who worship Grimm?

Maybe? Be one hell of a fucked up death cult though, and I doubt they survive that long
Saying that, I'm fully expecting Adam to go from terrorist to full on "releasing Sarin gas in a Atlesian subway station" death cultist during his time with Salem

>the first mention of religion in Remnant is an exposition dump

BEST GIRL

Anyone else cringed the gods being called "God of Darkness and God of Light?" Very original.

Nth for future RWBYJNR civil war over the relics to fulfill their wishes

>Yeah. They don't. That's fact.
That's garbage writing. Ren and Nora may as well be AK-200 robots for all the good them being Jaune and formerly Pyrrha's teammates does. They don't have any emotional weight to bring to the situation if they're going to sit quietly and wait for everyone else to emote half the time. Their own personal angst about villages is a sideplot at best. If they're not involved in the ACTUAL STORY then get them out of there and just explicitly make it about Jaune and Ruby alone.

And the whole long rambling thing about how Jaune knows this and that is also a byproduct of Jaune's prior dominance of screentime. It's not a good reason to cut them out now just because they were cut out then.

>RWBYJNR civil war
>Implying this would even be a fight

RWBY wins by a landslide.

Did someone say cultists ?

>Salem is defeated
>RWBY and JNR are at the final battle
>the relics fall onto the floor
>no-one moves
>Cinder, looking up from where she is laying sprawled out on the floor, smiles one final time before succumbing to her wounds
>the last things she hears is the clash of blades

>Thousand yard stare Qrow looking into the fire as he describes his "semblance"
I didn't want to remember what it was like to feel... ;_;7

>Couldn't even knock up weiss before volume 4
Yeah no. She had a chance and blew it.

Ruby has a speed semblance with a very heavy weapon and a very small point to focus all that force into to basically OHKO people ala "moonslice"

Your calling it garbage when all you're doing is trying to replace it with your own opinion.

What do you want Jaune yells that's how Pyrrha died and Nora and Ren yell Yeah!. How? They wouldn't know that. They weren't even close to her and it's not like Pyrrha bothered to get close to them as all she cared about was Jaune. Jaune at least talks to Ren and Nora.

Jaune is the only one angry because we've seen time and time again he's pretty open with his feelings and that he's obviously still has some sort of baggage in regards to matters concerning Pyrrha.

Sure they'd be sad but they weren't there. They weren't kissed. They never had the same connection IF ANY to Pyrrha.

I'm sorry to tell you this but JNPR is not RWBY where everyone needs to be friends. They are room mates and team mates but it's hard to say if Pyrrha will really be missed by Nora or Ren as we have seen in the show.

>By product of Jaune's screen time
You do realize I'm speaking of the timeskip which we've never seen unless you really want to argue that Ren and Nora should've been in that elevator as well. no they had better roles.

Best option at this stage, given how botched the previous volumes have been to Ren and Nora, would be to retroactively fill those gaps in rather than continue to create the impression that there was really two teams that happened to share a room. If that's the case, then fuck it. Dump Nora and Ren entirely, or stop pretending Pyrrha mattered at all. Jaune didn't particularly know Pyrrha very well either, she wasn't particularly likable, she doesn't need to be there as a plot element if three out of the four people on that chain don't give a shit about her.

Considering we have no idea what Ren's sembalance is, and the fact that him and Nora would defiantly team up, you can't discount them being an equal to Rubes.

That and Jaune is a wild card, he's being built up as important, getting dialogue and hints etc, but still very much an unknown quantity.

>tfw waifu's links are messed up and the videos are cut

anyone got a link to the new episode?

roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-8-75-gdj6

Ren and Nora don't feel like they're Jaune's friends and teammates. They are more like tag alongs. How often do Ren and Nora talk directly to Jaune and Ruby? I'm curious to check all RNJR scenes and find out.

Their only good moments in volume 4 so far has been when RNJR found the destroyed village of Shion. Nora asked if they should bury the dead huntsman. Ren walked off and looked upset. And when Ren talked about his past. Other than that, they haven't contributed anything to RNJR's scenes.

I was sad that Pyrrha died, but I believed that a good thing came out of it and that was that Ren and Nora can now receive more focus. Looks like I was wrong.

>You do realize I'm speaking of the timeskip which we've never seen unless you really want to argue that Ren and Nora should've been in that elevator as well. no they had better roles.

I can recall exactly one scene in which Nora and Ren were alone with Pyrrha. Was their better role to give a veggie smoothie?

And I'm not saying that they need to have the SAME reaction, but they need to have SOME reaction. They don't have the same connection, but they ostensibly must have fucking something connecting them with Pyrrha. If not were they even friends? Why are they travelling with Jaune and Ruby at all to begin with? They clearly only care about each other if Pyrrha up and died and they had nothing to say about it. And has Jaune never bothered to explain WHAT happened? I guess not, cause apparently they're not really friends!

Again, either give them a reason to be there or don't have them there at all. If you're right, and Nora and Ren were just roommates and teammates, then they can fuck right off out of the plot. They're wastes of space and time.

I can't believe it's been three and a half volume and we still don't know Ren's Semblance. I'm honestly more curious about his than Jaune's, because Jaune's has at least been hinted.

It better be something special. Nora's is kind of boring if you think about. Plus it looks to be quite limited and situational. The fact that Tyrian could easily block her strike while being (at least partially empowered) didn't help.

I obviously meant a free link

>JRNR is way more interesting and has a better dynamic than RWBY
It will be sad when they go back to boring old RWBY

As of twenty minutes ago, that is the free one you inbred halfwit.

I want to plow Rubooty

>RWBY
>implying it isn't RWB at this point

I was just fapping to midori vore and here she is again destiny is destiny

>Become a member to watch this now!

I doubt there's all that much extra energy in a single electric bullet really
Enough to let her charge and hit Tyrian so fast he couldn't block, but its hardly game changing

I want to be smothered by rubooty

Ruby just wants to be friends with you. She sees you as an older brother and doesn't think about you romantically or sexually.

Instead of posting retarded reaction images you might want to use the brain cells you have and see that making a free account takes less than a minute.

literally make a fucking account you dumb fuck
and if you can't fucking read, the very fucking OP has a m3u8 link for fucks sake

Is RWBY the Spring Awakening of web series?

Its free to sign up to RT you mong
Gods be damned, Yang better get a Menagerie style episode to herself at this point, its fucking bullshit that the one character who could have gone an interesting direction this volume has been so consistently overlooked

Ren and Nora are just extra characters that were made up to fill up the rest of the team. You thought they were team JNPR? No, they were team JP + Ren and Nora. They're only slightly more important than Sage and Scarlet.who are literally filler characters.

M&K need to establish Ren's and Nora's purpose in the story, their purpose in the team, their purpose for Jaune. Right now they have none. You can kick them out of the story and they won't be missed. The writers need to make them show that they are Jaune's friend and teammate, that they were Pyrrha's friend and teammate. Because they have said, done or nothing in volume 4 that suggests that.

Once again I blame the bad writing and the time skip.

No more reaction images from that guy lesson here is you gotta spoon feed the really stupid or they will never shut up

The way I remember it was the reverse, Jaune was one of the last designed for the first set because Miles and Kerry had ideas.

I just don't know why his development always seems to have been, to the writers, an acceptable gain for the loss of others. It's fine for Jaune to develop and have time, but he's basically the only one on JNPR who has after so many volumes. If it MUST be Jaune that is the focus of those scenes, let them be scenes with more Ren and Nora then.

That thing with Ren in the bathrobe while Nora had headphones on was funny at the time, but it's... just an encapsulation of the worst things about JNPR as a team. Ren and Nora were there as furniture, they filled a gap in time until Pyrrha came along to have the actual conversation with Jaune.

>Not even giving them names

Really the problem is that Monty, Miles and Kerry all had very clear ideas about where Jaune and Pyrrha would go as characters. Pyrrha was set up to die, and Jaune would be the vehicle that would make us care about it emotionally, so that when she died he would still be around to pull on those feelings
Ren and Nora were there to fill out the roster, and maybe to occasionally act as comic relief with a "will they, won't they?" dynamic going on
The problem is now, with Pyrrha dead, they don't seem to want to give them any reaction AT ALL. Even something as simple as Ren and Nora looking uncomfortable when Jaune and Ruby start butting heads over the plot dump Qrow was doing would have been enough, something to show them consciously waiting to pick a side together

Would the second picture not make more sense as an example of Pyrrha using her semblance

You'll be surprised how crazy some people can get

Apparently Jaune thinks of Ren like a brother since Vol2.

Don't show don't tell just allude

>Yang isn't going to be mad at Blake at all for ditching her when they meet up again
>We won't get to see Blake getting treated like shit by someone who isn't a villain or racist
>Blake will probably live to slap another day
>But Qrow might/has died

It's not fair, /rwbyg/. Why do good things happen to shitty kitties?

Wait they didn't even do that?

Goddamn

this is objectively the best one

Because she's part of Monty's protected four.

Honestly RWBY are setting up to be the least interesting character. Ironwood, Qrow, basically any of the teachers we've seen so far, JNPR, the villains have all been better then RWBY in terms of character.

Nope, no names

>Qrow: This world’s been around for a long time, long enough that people have created dozens of gods. But if you believe Ozpin, two of them are actually real.

>Pan over to a nearby large rock, where Qrow’s story is illustrated with a display of light and shadows from the campfire.

>Qrow: They were two brothers. The older sibling, the god of light, found joy in creating forces of life. Meanwhile, the younger brother, the god of darkness, spent his time creating forces of destruction. As you can imagine, they both had pretty different ideas about how things should go. The older one would spend his days creating water, plants, wildlife. And at night, his brother would wake to see all the things that the elder had made and become disgusted. To counteract his brother’s creations, the god of darkness brought drought, fire, famine, all he could do to rid Remnant of life. Life always returned. So one night, the younger brother went and made something - something that shared his innate desire to destroy anything and everything.

>Ruby: The creatures of Grimm.

>Qrow: You guessed it. The older brother finally had enough. Knowing that their feud couldn’t last like this forever, he proposed that they make one final creation… together, something that they could both be proud of, their masterpiece. The younger brother agreed. This last great creation would be given the power to both create and destroy. It would be given the gift of knowledge, so that it could learn about itself and the world around it. And most importantly, it would be given the power to choose, to have free will to take everything it had learned and decide which path to follow - the path of light or the path of darkness. And that is how Humanity came to be.

>We've barely seen Ruby actually be a good team leader and friend so she feels empty
>SHE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER

Make it end

I would like to have scenes where Jaune talks to Nora and Ren, where he talks with just one of them, where Ruby and Nora have some girl talk. Jaune talking to Ren in the bathrobe was okay. It could have been better. But you're right, they were just fillers until Pyrrha came in.

But since we have so many characters, so few and short episodes, we miss out on a lot of potential.

While Ren and Nora being mostly filler and comedy relief during 1-3 was "okay" (not good), it's time for that to stop now that the real story has begun, now that the characters have left Beacon.

The upcoming Ren scene that Neath teased us about better be good.

It's not only a problem with Ren and Nora. The writing for team RWBY has been fucked up too. I was hyped for volume 4, but I feel mostly disappointment. It feels so empty. 4 episodes left. Let's make them count.

I always thought it was Emerald testing her illusions. Mainly because later on in the fight when Pyrrha is disarmed Emerald uses her illusion to make Pyrrha's spear turn into one of Penny's swords leaving her vulnerable.

Look at V3E9 at 4:26 - 4:32

youtube.com/watch?v=_iq4xplqeI0

You can see how Emerald makes Pyrrha's weapon disappear into Penny's so she is left defenseless when the swords fly her way

I don't mind that kind of setting, but the way it's so explicitly that one is good and the other bad is horrible.

I'm sure other settings have done it as well, but the most recent and best for me would be FFXIVs take on it. You're the Warrior of Light, and you spend the game up to a point battling against people trying to bring about the Resurrection of the Dark God. You eventually run into Warriors of Darkness, and as their storyline pans out you learn they're actually your counterparts from another world; Warriors of Light where Light was so strong they dominated Darkness entirely, only to find that causes Light to consume the world entirely just as surely as Darkness would have had it won. The dominance of either leads to the destruction of everything that isn't one or the other, meaning life can only exist where they are in conflict.

If your setting involves incomprehensibly powerful forces then they shouldn't be acting in the interests of people anymore than a person might act in the interests of a colony of ants.

And somehow she still has by far the most lines out of everyone in the show

Holy shit, I never noticed her sword became Penny's before. That's pretty damn cool, I hope we see more of Emerald's mindfucking this volume

>mfw next episode won't explain why scorpion man in interested in Jaune

It's still the best example of what her semblance can do, even if she wasn't technically doing it

youtu.be/Y_R99zEB5io?t=215

Is it wrong I want Pyrrha back souly for Jeff to do a Arkos remix theme?

>Taiyang has had more lines than his own daughter

ENTIRE. SCREEN(time).

>2017
>Not thinking of your older brother romantically and sexually

>Nora + Ren = 184
>Qrow = 151
>Qrow had literally zero for the first two volumes

Oh I am so fucking done.

>mfw Volume won't explain it
>bait for V5

Because she talks the most, and easily the most rapidly. She's also playing comic relief nine times out of ten, so she talks even more.

Lines aren't nearly as indicative of an importance to plot as screentime is.

>Jaune - 341

>Yang - 348
>Blake - 284
This is an issue

It was not the lack of names that bothered me, it was their titles. It felt like I was reading a shitty RWBY fanfic.

They should have just called the gods brothers, and skipped the too simple, boring Light and Darkness thing.

If the writers tried to make the two goods look like some kind of Yin and Yang balance, they failed. The gods appear too black and white. One is evil and one is good. No gray zone.

The younger brother, the evil one, bothered me more, about how Qrow talked about his "desire to destroy anything and everything." Even the gods in RWBY are edgy.

Is it?

How?
Blake has a nice smaller number

Qrow is now the exposition dump character though, so his total is massively inflated.

>even the gods in RWBY are undeveloped

Even weirder consider how much focus Blake's gotten. Then again she is the silent type. I guess it's true that lines aren't necessarily indicative of importance.

Very interesting. I'll save that. I'm also curious about how much screentime has been given to each character.

So, Raven's popping up next episode almost certainly, right? She was right there when Qrow went for his walk, and now he's slowly dying.

Shame it seems she's gonna be used for JNPR instead of Yang, who needs all the plot fodder she can get.

I think M&K literally assumed balance is purely just "one thing creates and the other thing destroys". Two opposites literally just cancel each other out, therefore balance. Maybe they made it simple because they thought people would be too fucking retarded to get anything else?

.>tfw Vishnu will get more screentime than Yang this Volume

He's gonna die before them if that helps

That would be evil

Raven has no interest about Yang.

The only thing that can make Yang leave Patch is that she tells Tai she wants to find her mother. He says she and her tribe are in Mistral. There we go. Yang's journey begins.

>It's another retard who can't give RT a junk e-mail so he can watch rwby every sunday for free weekend
I hate kids so much...

>The gods appear too black and white. One is evil and one is good. No gray zone.
Isn't that the case in almost all creation myths? Good and evil conflict and the universe is born.
And really, it's not supposed to be "gray." We are life. We like living. We are inherently biased towards the brother which equally biased people called "good" in the first place.

They don't need to be linked to Pyrrha at all and jsut have their own plot.

Ren is definitely heading somewhere but Nora..yeah. The problem with Nora and Ren is that people keep expecting their stories to be together which hinders them both.

I think Ren has a story to tell. Nora is just there to provide comic support/quirkyness to the team.

At this point I think the next episode will be a Yang/RNJR

I feel like Qrow isn't dead, that's a fake out, and Rubes will start the ep by saying 'HE'S NOT DEAD BUT WE NEED TO GET HIM TO A HOSPITAL'.

>They don't need to be linked to Pyrrha at all and jsut have their own plot.

They don't, but the show repeatedly tells us they are. Jaune considers Ren as a brother, Ren and Nora are supposed to be upset that Pyrrha died. These aren't just opinions, but explicit impressions the show created that are now being discarded every time it comes to "Show" rather than "Tell".

I think Qrow is getting so much time because he's likely gonna die by the end of the volume. The signs are all there.

I rather qrow be dead ruby deserves that burden

Yep, of course when people watched they thought that Penny disarmed Pyrrha but when you look closely Emerald is prime mind fucker making the weapon of one person morph into another leaving them with just themselves

Ren and Nora have an established repotoire with Jaune.

Pyrrha? Not so much. Maybe if they kept the fight scenes with Neptune adn Sun along with the one with Raven, they'd look closer.

At the moment though. all the fanart and fanfics have deluded people into believing that JNPR should be this super close family just because Nora and Ren are orphans.

>all the fanart and fanfics have deluded people into believing that JNPR should be this super close family just because Nora and Ren are orphans.

The fanfics and fanart didn't get that impression from nowhere. It's how it should have been, and how we were sort of told that it was.

The issue is the disconnect between the impression the show wanted to create and the present execution of demonstrating that impression. It is a failure of the show design, not the viewer.

Scarecrow becomes the wizard. He's gonna be fine. He'll just be injured for a good while and probably crippled. Bear in mind that Tyrian had orders to take Ruby back and he tried to sting her with the same shit.

So next episode is it going to be Blake and RNJR episode or a Yang And Blake episode?

Yang still needs to find her to get her plot rolling, and if she's with RNJR then that won't be happening.

Also, despite the Adam scene being a huge character moment for Blake, keep in mind she otherwise got fuck all screen-time in volume 3.

If it's a Blake episode then the pacing for RWBY is officially in 'fucked beyond repair' tier

If it's a Yang there's still hope

To be fair, Blake is the character who is going through struggles more.

Ruby has no flaws in-universe except her immaturity (and Weiss was still pictured as "in the wrong" in Volume 1 AND never brought up again). Weiss had racism; also gone in Volume 1, but now she's trying to escape from the Schnee Mansion and/or train herself that she can. Yang trying to find Raven has been sort of a thing, but it's really just something in the background that gets overtaken by the main plot.

Everyone that isn't Weiss struggles with rushing in alone, but that's not really a personality problem as much as it is an excuse to have them job out to villains.

Blake, meanwhile, is struggling with the White Fang, her family, her relationship and Sun's attempts to help her, her increasing paranoia and distance, the fact that she wants to handle things alone, and, originally, her nature as a Faunus. She has less lines, but when she says something or has a conversation it means a lot.

Yeah, I'm hoping its mostly Yang, then she asks Tai where Raven could be and he says "I have no idea, if I did I'd tell you, but she's probably ruining someone's day" then hard cut to Qrow and Raven bickering while RNJR drag him back to her camp for help (maybe from the Spring Maiden so we get some magic that's not just fireballs. Fucking blaster-casters) then maybe the last two minutes are spent on Blake and Sun catching their Chameleon Ninja and getting set up for their story in the next volume

I definitely expect Qrow to die before the end of the show, not sure if he'll go this Volume though. I'm starting to hope he gets to be a Kakashi and make it through though. Against all odds.

Except there's a new wizard in town, and Qrow isn't doing anything outside of protecting RNJR.

A problem is that Nora and Ren are usually seen as one character instead of two. They are like a twofer. They are never seen separated. If one fights, the other fights. If one goes somewhere, the other follows. If one dies, the other dies too.

They need to make us look at Ren and Nora as two individuals, instead of just "Ren and Nora" as if they are one.

Ren has said and done at least some interesting things this volume. I wish he could have said and done a bit more, but I see some potential in him. Especially with his VA teasing about a interesting Ren scene that we are going to see soon (pic related)

Nora however... Not so much.