Is this what it takes for a movie to get noticed and acclaimed in 2017? Forget story, forget character...

Is this what it takes for a movie to get noticed and acclaimed in 2017? Forget story, forget character. Forget everything about the medium of cinema. As long as it has pretty pictures, and a killer soundtrack the stupid kids will all call it "kino". Blade Runner 2049 has ushered in a new age pretentious cinematic garbage, and the puerile "kino" spouting imbeciles are leading the charge.

Did you not watch it?

>Blade Runner 2049 has ushered in a new age pretentious cinematic garbage

The movie flopped big time, this movie won't influence anything except exercising more caution on trying to make blockbusters out of 80s flop cult classic movies

>"a killer soundtrack"
>BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

yeah okay

>Forget story, forget character. Forget everything about the medium of cinema.
what? did you watch it?

it didn't flop

>As long as it has pretty pictures
What the fuck do you even expect from a movie, if not this? There's nothing underneath the pictures, there is no 'depth' in a flat projection. Either learn to read visuals or go back to books.

i love flops

It flopped badly, they moved up the release date in China by a month to try and get the chinks to save it. There was no competition for them this weekend and it still flopped, it won't even last two weeks at #1 in theaters

>Forget everything about the medium of cinema
But 2049 is the purest exploration of cinema in Hollywood since the introduction of sound.

It's almost as if film is an audiovisual medium
Muh plot fags BTFO

>"The Boss Baby" had a better opening weekend than the highly hyped and critically acclaimed Blade Runner

just lol

solid movie m8

>placing visuals over narrative is the sign of a bad movie
you're everything wrong with modern criticism, impressive.

kys pleb, and I do mean it.

It did poorly because the posters and promos made it look like "Orange and Blue: The Movie" and not enough people were hyped about it.

this so fucking hard

it's not even like 2049 was lazy with its narrative, i've found with people i know who went to see it that it's just very divisive, half of them enjoying it and half of them disliking it, but no hatred or even absolute appraisal

surely if a movie has gorgeous visuals, brilliant pacing and a decent story, it comes out overall good than bad because "HURR I DIDN'T GET TO SEE A SPARTACUS-LEVEL EPIC TALE IN THIS MOVIE"

Did you mean to post the original Blade Runner?

>Forget story, forget character.
I mean, that seems a little -

>Forget everything about the medium of cinema.
Ah. You're just an idiot.

Fuck of you pretentious git, it was a good movie.

At least put in the effort and explain to us how exactly you think it's worse than the first Blade Runner.

80% of posters who are hating on it haven't even seen the film and will be defending it in a week.