Pacific Rim 2

Kaijuverse shit counts as Sup Forums, right?
youtu.be/v6F-Nau4TDA
Is this gonna live up to its predecessor, or will it ultimately flop?

black people !!

>Kaijuverse shit counts as Sup Forums, right?
The janitors used to be incredibly fickle when the first came out, sometimes they deleted comic book tie-in storytimes threads, sometimes they left 100% Sup Forums threads up
So who knows

Looks like an Asylum movie compared to the first one
Did they reduce the budge to like 10 millions or something?

Most people just chock it up to this being a trailer, but yeah I'd say the budget probably isn't as big as the last one.

>Kaijuverse shit counts as Sup Forums, right?
Wrong

>everything taking place at daytime with a colorful blue sky
>mechs framed in the shot as if they were just people, no sense of scale or weight at all
>camera flying through space like a video game
>fucking hip hop music

Absolute bastardization of everything people liked of the first movie

That's what they get for not bringing del Toro back.

They all look too humanoid. What happened to all the wacky nationalistic designs?

>No Del Totoro
>No Raleigh
>Greenscreen cockpit
>No evil Newt
>It's a "Hero is a fuckup but his dad was awesome" episode
>Another pilot rival
>Uninspired Jaeger designs for toys

I have no faith in this whatsoever.
>inb4 "Totoro is a producer," implying they didn't slap his name there because he made the first one

I liked the first one but this one is already shit by association with Disney Wars. Blacktrooper can go earn his nostalgiabait bux, not here.

>Autists not understanding how Stiker Eurekia was extremely fucking humanoid, to the point it was doing flips.
>Not understanding Jaegars are becoming more advanced and Human

>All those swords and blades

So much for Kaiju blood causing sickness.

Then at least make the designs not look shit.

Striker Eureka looked cool.

I see what you're saying, but this isn't Gundam. They shouldn't have to be beholden to the mechanical design standards of the east.

Pacific rim 2 reminds me a lot of halo 5

No it doesn´t. Fuck off to /m/.

I'll go to bat for the original any day, but the sequel looks horrible. It looks like a Transformers spinoff.

Oh yeah, here's the body of that hug kaiju they showed at the end. Named it "Raijin" apparently.

>le nigger
that's where I stopped watching the trailer.
Into the trash it goes

WAR

Hollywood won't give a big budget to a movie with a black lead because of racism

It's going to flop, all thanks to that ugly animal on the cover!

>black lead
>nigger lead
there's a difference and it shows in the acting

GEET EET OWN TIL I DAI

Would enjoy this if it was literally any other song.

>WAR WAR WAR
>GEEEET IT ON
>SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>GEEEEEIIIIT IT ON TILL A DIAH
>SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>WE WUZ JAEGERS N' SHIEEET

>No evil Newt
To be fair we weren't getting that ever, Del Toro said he wasn't going to do it because he liked Newt as a character too much. He ditched that plan back when he was still directing.

That's only one of the three that combine. You see it in the trailer with the others, big one doesn't have a name yet.

>not bringing del Toro back
what the fuck where they thinking

If they do a 3rd one I hope Del Toro comes back.

Also I find it strange they're going for a more unrealistic camera after the first one was shot like a news cameraman covering a hurricane from ground and helicopter. By contrast I'm surprised how much I miss those snap zooms in the first one.

Actually look quite a shit but nevermind because I never pay for movies where a negro is always on screen. I'll pirate it maybe.

>hug kaiju

Chinese would be pissed, it's not even a charismatic blacks like Idris, Denzel or Freeman.

>It doesn't look silly as 1...

damn, I have no hopes

Hi mod!

It honestly looks sillier, in a bad way. Like Bayformers silly.

yeah, damn
it looks stupid, I want silliness!

Gellatine Del Taco isnt involved in this one so expect a transformers meets power rangers

>le Sup Forums boogyman
xD

If you're coming into this thread, and clicking on this faggot shill's link then not sageing it, you need to off yourself.