DC Entertainment Streaming

Hello, Sup Forums. WB insider here.

This isn't exactly news, since there's been some rumblings about it before, but DC and WB are planning to start its own streaming channel, similar to Netflix and Hulu, but DC-focused.

They're still in the early stages of figuring stuff out. They've made a couple of moves, however, by buying Machinima completely. The Gods and Monsters shorts are a small taste of what you'd expect. The overall plan is to get as much of their old programming as possible to start off, from animation, to live-action series, to movies both known and obscure.

Expect most of their animation and live action library to make it over. The CW shows are another matter, since they're streaming on the CW website and they have a deal with Netflix. So, they're figuring that stuff out. Expect older live-action shows, though, like Smallville.

Renewing Young Justice is another part of it. They want to attract the existing fanbase for it, so they announced the show before it entered pre-production to start building hype. It'll probably leave Netflix when the third season is close to being completed. There are also talks of renewing Green Lantern and Beware the Batman, since the crews for them are available and it would be cost-effective to bring them back, since the CGI assets are already built. Plus, there's goodwill attached to them after how Cartoon Network treated them.

They're also planning to add their animated DTVs as well, at least starting with the older ones.

Beyond YJ season three, they're still figuring out more new, original content. There's talk of a full-blown talk show like the one DC Entertainment has on its YouTube channel.

That's all I have. It's all still in early stages of development, but expect an announcement later this year. You can believe or don't. I don't really mind either one.

Happy New Year!

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/digital/news/warner-bros-acquires-machinima-1201920793/
thewrap.com/warner-bros-ceo-promises-dc-comics-content-maybe-streaming-service/
boards.Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I admire WB's dedication to wasting money.

You know, I'll play for a DC-only streaming network/site, question is how much will it cost?

>No comic subscription service as well

Oh hell no, just put everything in netflix. I dont want to have to pay for another one of these.

>GL:TAS coming back

You blew it.

Thanks user.

How are "Wonder Woman" and "Justice League" looking?

>There are also talks of renewing Green Lantern
Fuck you for lying like that.

Not good, man.

Not good.

This is gonna be like CBS and their shit service on which they'll have Star Trek: Discovery. Nobody wants to subscribe to yet another service.

Gotta give me more than that. I mean, has anyone seen any footage or been privy to behind-closed-doors discussion on the movies?

I don't want to get hype only to be severely disappointed like I did for BvS.

yeah, man.
I believe you ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

It's DCEU, why are you hyped?

You'll take your three hundred streaming services and like it.

I said they're considering. They could always back out of it completely.

This isn't me.

Wonder Woman is just pretty average, from what I've heard. Executives are certain it'll be a box office hit due to her being the biggest female superhero in the public's eyes, but the people I know that are closer to that production are saying it's nothing more than serviceable and a little boring, which is same they're saying in regards to Gadot's performance. Everyone is loving Chris Pine, though.

Justice League, judging by the word on the street, will go down the same path as the previous Snyder movies: Great visuals, divisive everything else. From what I've seen (which is admitedly not the whole thing) the script is really messy, rushed and with the awkward characterizations. It is also needlessly crowded with characters, locations and backstories for what is essentially a pretty cut-and-dry Macguffin chase story. But it could work out if they have a good editor, and WB is really concerned with that after both BvS and SS came under fire for choppy editing.

Stop pretending to be me.

THEN WHO WAS OP?!?!??!!!?!?!!111/?!?!1

Me. Don't believe the other guy.

What happened to the JL trailer? Was it a meme?

Yes. It's coming, but it was never supposed to come before the 2017.

It'll be attached to Kong: Skull Island, which is WB's first big 2017 release.

Why did they push the meme 2 weeks ago that it would come that week? I remember a lot of """news""" sites reporting that.

Do we seriously have to wait until March?

Yes. WB won't begin the heavy promotion until Wonder Woman comes out.

Incidentally, you're also getting a new Wonder Woman trailer soon, probably with Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

>There are also talks of renewing Green Lantern
Fuck you don't give me false hope

It's clear WB doesn't give a shit about GL

They've got top notch trailers. You wouldn't believe how much the final trailer for BvS hyped me up.

1. You're lying.

2. If you're not, that's a hilariously stupid idea. Unless they're charging five dollars or less, there's not enough DC live action and animation to justify something like that.

OP, tell me what I should fear. I'm scared.

Speaking of Kong, can you tell me more about it? Who did Kong's final deisgn? Can you tell us something about Kong v Godzilla:Dong of Justitude

>If you're not, that's a hilariously stupid idea

That never stopped WB before.

I don't know much about it, but from what I've heard it's a fun movie, and is very much its own thing, so much that Kong is never taken to the city and doesn't die. I don't know who did the designs, though.

As for the crossover, it's into very early stages, so there's nothing particularly set in stone other than they're following the basic hero crossover template in which Godzilla and Kong will battle at first and will then have to team up against a third bigger badder monster.

This may have been legit until you mentioned GLTAS and Beware crews having goodwill. Those crews were treated like shit by WB, not just CN.

>Unless they're charging five dollars or less, there's not enough DC live action and animation to justify something like that.
That depends on just what they're offering as programming. If we were to compile a complete list of every single serial, series and film in existence, both live action and animated, then we would find there's certainly enough material to justify the service. It's the DIVERSITY of the material that would be the obstacle. $9.99/month for what is predominantly Batman/Superman-centric programming? No thanks.

Word on the Flash? The Batman movie? I just wanna know what DC is fearing.

And another thing...are YOU confident in their decision making so far?

The Flash is stalled right now, Rick Famuyiwa's departure caught everyone off-guard and the character is simply not very high on WB's priority list, partially because the TV show is very popular and both Famuyiwa and the previous writer/director Seth Grahame-Smith struggled to break new ground from what the show is doing in terms of mythology, character interactions and visual elements. WB is now scouting their in-house directors to take over, but it is very likely it'll be delayed to 2019.

The Batman movie is coming around. WB is determined to releasing it by 2018, and are having recurring meetings with Ben Affleck to figure out the scheduling for everything. 2018 is the year Avengers: Infinity War comes out, and WB believes Affleck's Batman is the biggest ace in their hole to measure up to it. Affleck seems generally comfortable with the timeframe they've offered, with footage commencing probably in mid-2018. Based on the post-production schedule Affleck demands the movie could take over the Flash's proposed release date in late March or get a slate in early-to-late June.

As for how I'm feeling about it, I'd like to believe more than I do given their track record and their priorities right now.

>it's nothing more than serviceable and a little boring, which is same they're saying in regards to Gadot's performance

I believe you

Not the crews themselves, but I think OP is talking about WB getting goodwill from the fans. It worked for YJ, so they're probably trying to build on to that.

>Streaming services were supposed to tamp down on piracy through convenience
>High amounts of fragmentation and exclusivity deals have made it more inconvenient than ever

The irony is strong here.

This streaming service might very well be fake, but Warner Bros. buying up Machinima in its entirety is 100% true. I do wonder what that means for all their partners.

Doesn't CW seed already suck ass?
I doubt they could sustain a DC streaming service for all things

Eventually someone will come up with a bundle where you save 10-20 bucks getting a bunch of different streaming services.

And then we'll be right back where we started.

So basically you know nothing. Thanks for the info.

This.

>no source given
>"GL:TAS" and "Beware the Batman" possibly renewed

You can fool some of Sup Forums some of the time, but you cannot fool anyone with bait this shitty.

The whole point of "insider info" is that it's confidential and not supposed to be revealed yet. There's no source. It could be bullshit, it could be true, but it's retarded to whine about no sources when it's not supposed to be in the public yet.

The Machinima thing checks out, at least.

variety.com/2016/digital/news/warner-bros-acquires-machinima-1201920793/

And there's been rumors about it before:

thewrap.com/warner-bros-ceo-promises-dc-comics-content-maybe-streaming-service/

>The overall plan is to get as much of their old programming as possible to start off, from animation, to live-action series, to movies both known and obscure.
Does this include shows like the old Superman, Batman, Plastic Man, and Swamp Thing ones? 90's Flash and 60's live action Batman? 50's Superman?

t.disnigger

Are you the same insider doing the AMA over in Sup Forums? boards.Sup Forums.org/tv/thread/77901370#top

I was doubtful of OP, but I'm a WB A-List Insider and they email me surveys about shit, and I remember recently one about my habits with streaming services and they way I consumed non-comics DC media.

Nope

>DC live action and animation

WB Animation already has a streaming subscription channel on You Tube. Albeit that includes properties outside DC, such as Bugs Bunny and the other Looney Tunes IP but there's definite interest in this stuff. The fee would be an issue, but they have plenty of material that isn't just 'Superman' and 'Batman' - and they can certainly create more fairly easily and inexpensively, save for the live action.

>there's not enough DC live action and animation to justify something like that

There's a shitload of DC live action and animation

>Batman, Superman and Captain Marvel serials
>Batman '66, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Isis, Superboy, Flash, Birds of Prey
>Batman and Superman movies
>Swamp Thing movies and series
>All the modern films, including based on Vertigo properties
>All the animated films
>All the animated series

it's about as likely as Disney rigging the reviews for all Marvel movies in their favor.

99%?

The problem with a streaming service is that it really requires constant new content to keep people subscribed. Not that I believe OP, but there have been rumors surrounding DC streaming for a little while now. I just don't get the model except "Netflix is making tons of money so we can too!" I don't think they could pump out enough strong content with enough regularity to hold interest.
Which I guess would be about par for the course for DC.

But man, imagine a service where you get regular things like the old DC Nation shorts, except on a larger scale. More Amethyst, more Batman of Shanghai, more Super Best Friends Forever. It'd be great. Not holding my breath though. Still, I want to believe there's a chance something like this could bring GL:TAS back.

This is going to fail harder than the CW Seed.

I believe you.