/hor/ror General - The Official Sup Forums Horror Thread

Welcome to /hor/, a 24/7 general for the month of October!

Let's begin, and let's try to make this as kino as possible.

What subgenre of horror is the most kino form of horror?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tvg6JTMyqDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dunno about kino, but my favorite subgenre is:

>small group in isolated location gets picked off while trying to figure out what the hell is going on

>slasher

gross, no

First of all, congratulations on your anti-slasher contrarianism. I hope it makes you feel smarter today. Second, extra congrats on your conflation of that very general plot description with "slasher" movies. I never knew The Thing was a slasher movie. Good job on outing it for what it is. I hope you write about it in your blog, friend.

>I never knew The Thing was a slasher movie.
You didn't?

I recently watched A Nightmare on Elm Street. Are the sequels worth watching?

Shit thread

Ever since it came out, I have had to watch pics related around Halloween. I know it isn't a masterpiece but it really is crazy underrated, it's seriously one of my most beloved horror movies.

Super comfy and funny but still has an interesting story.

Here is a watch-list I made for halloween / Oct 2017, just something I can look at and pick a film to watch quickly.

The Haunting
Suspiria
Dawn of The Dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Wizard of Gore
Rosemarys baby
Eyes Without a Face
We need to talk about Kevin
Your next
Under the skin
A page of madness
Dr cabinet
The Devil's Candy
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
Shogun's Sadism
Tokyo Gore police

>no Hausu
Nigger.

2, 3, and New Nightmare are worth the watch.

I have to acknowledge this post because of your numbers.

I love Hausu, I guess I forgot to include it. I always go though anything tagged as horror in criterion when trying to pick a movie as well.

watch candyman for underrated horror kino youtube.com/watch?v=tvg6JTMyqDY

Haunted house movies are top Kino. Stuff like A Haunting, House on Haunted Hill, Hell House, etc. None of that shock value corny monster/murderer tripe.

Also whatever Spider Baby is.

Better is where they're stuck in 1 location and slowly going insane.

my theatrical cut dvd of the exorcist arrived today, woooohoooo! no meme spider walk or pazuzu face overload, just the good old minimalistic terror of pure evil.

Whats the best trashy/exploitation horror movies?

My favorite part of that movie was the bit with the pot on the stove. Every now and again I randomly remember it and have a chuckle.

I like Satan's slave, Lady stay dead and Killer Workout

Have Amazon Prime, this is what I've watched so far:

-The Innkeepers
-Society
-Pumpkinhead
-Sleep Tight

They were all pretty damn good. Also have Midnight Meat Train and Frankenstein's Army.

That story about what happened to the little kid in the bathroom still freaks me out. Great movie.

Strip nude for your killer is a great trashy slasher too
Island of death and Mardi Gras massacre worth checking out

>Aguirre, the Wrath of God is a slasher film

I've seen much better Japanese horror films. Hausu just seemed needlessly wacky and weird to me, like the one fat guy running around and acting strange.

Great Philip Glass score too!

Anyone have this?

>Also whatever Spider Baby is.

Proto- hillybilly horror. Don't know if it was mentioned before but one could legitimately call it Lovecraftian since it echoes his obsession with hereditary degeneracy.

Wish Upon is garbage.

Is there any decent list of cult horror movies out there?
I only really got into horror recently (I watched some as a kid but never cared much for them), and I want to give most of the classics a try.

Also, pic related is super fun.