Can I please just express how I hate this useless boring character / actor

His face turns me off, his acting makes me cringe. Why couldn't he just have died after the opening scene in TFA..

So what happens OP? You talk first, i talk first? Who talks first?

Duhhh you talk first? I? Talk? First?

I'll go. I don't like him. It's a feel that runs pretty deep in my blood whenever he appears on scene. Granted, I did like him for the opening scene, but overtime he comes back afterwards, I really want him to just disappear.

Whats worse is when I harbor these feelings against him and then during the night of the Last Jedi Trailer 2 Premiere, my girlfriend turns to me and says, "He's like the new Han Solo."

You just feel insecure against his hot Latin blood and your lady knows it. :^)

you could land an F-16 on that jawline

>This generic non-character is the new X!

He did die in the opening sequence. But then JJ Abrams liked him so much he brought him back at the end with no explanation on a whim. Solid, well thought-out filmmaking.

I agree he fucking sucked.
>dies in crash
>appears again later
>hey turns out I wasn't dead after all :)
He was a jerk, why did he abandon Finn in the desert?

I liked him in that movie about a qt AI girl

I like the actor because he's the only remotely interesting person to share my birthday

Isaac is good, too good for Star Wars really. His character is pointless, clearly just an afterthought

>CHOLLLLLLLLS
>WER STEIL CUNNECTID

this, he's a decent actor in other things like Drive, Ex Machina, and A Most Violent Year

Star Wars is just shit

yes I hate him too. And why is he so unkept? Greasy hair, sweat, not shaved, looks like doesn't change clothes often. How Disney got away with the dirty cholo stereotype and at the same time pretend they're diversity good? Are people blind or what?

The force awakens should have been about Finn and Po being lethal weapon in space
And maybe toss Rey in at some point as a "mysterious" girl that knows where Luke is
Also cut out the super mega Death Star 30000

well is not his fault that his character feels pushed. Abrams let him live since he was supposed to die when the the tie fighter crashed in jakku

Poe was honestly one of my favorite part of TFA. He felt the most "Star Wars" of the new actors, like he'd fit right in in the original trilogy. It might be because he reminded me a lot of Biggs.

As far as the "who talks first" bit goes, again, it's very old Star Wars. Remember this bit?

>Han Solo: [sounding official] Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal.
>Voice: What happened?
>Han Solo: [getting nervous] Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
>Voice: We're sending a squad up.
>Han Solo: Uh, uh... negative, negative. We had a reactor leak here now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous.
>Voice: Who is this? What's your operating number?
>Han Solo: Uh...
>[Han shoots the intercom]
>Han Solo: [muttering] Boring conversation anyway. LUKE, WE'RE GONNA HAVE COMPANY!

I guess people here would be mocking that as being "dumb Marvel quips" if it were released today.

The actor is kino.

>En Sabah Nur / Apocalypse
>Nathan
>Abel Morales
>Standard

Just to name a few.

White people just have better genetics than nogs and mongos

but he's the greatest pilot or some shit

The "who talks first" moment was a problem because it absolutely killed the mood of the scene. I saw it opening night in a packed theater and the emotional whiplash was harsh. Few people actually laughed.

At least he's not a traitor.

The thing is, HE WAS supposed to be Flynn in the original script, the artbook of the movie proves it, but suddendly all the Muh diversity, We need niggaz in space n shieet. Which is weir considerimg he is from Guatemala, So he was rewriten as a new character who was supposed to die but didn't because the sequel's script had him actually having an arc.

He's essentially the demon of Razgriz but in space. They even took the same color scheme

Seeing Poe get into more X-Wing battles is literally the only thing left for the new trilogy that actually holds any interest for me, honestly. Rey is a terrible, boring protagonist. Finn was likeable but they leaned too heavily on the comic relief for him so you can't take him seriously at this point, and I have zero faith they're going to do Luke justice.

He has zero charisma and shouldn't be in movies

Finn was a white guy originally. And he wasn't Finn then, he was called Sam and the female character was Kira. Poe Dameron was always a separate character. Originally he was going to die in the film, JJ changed that. Just like he dropped basically everything the Arndt script had and decided just to redo New Hope with Lawrence "I haven't done anything since the 80's and I could use the money" Kasdan

It's funny that once they decided to make Finn black, he became a completely different character a sort of dumbed down Jar jar Binks. What did they mean by this?

It doesn't ruin the mood, though. It reels the mood back in and prevents it from getting way too dark at the beginning of the film, thus saving the mood. And you could say the same of the Han Solo scene: "it ruins the mood because it takes a tense rescue sequence and turns it into a cheap fucking joke." But that's bullshit, too. What it does is keeps the movie lighthearted, preserving the film's overall mood and tone. It is a space adventure for general audiences, after all.

>Han Solo Jr. and Girl Luke
Exciting.

He's hispanic...

DROID PLEEEASE!

That opening scene also sets the tone of the movie really well by telling the audience that it's going to be thrilling but also not too serious and a little comedic.

>It reels the mood back in and prevents it from getting way too dark at the beginning of the film, thus saving the mood.

This argument depends on the supposition that the scene was getting "too dark".

The entire opening was supposed to be TFAs equivelent to the Tantiss boarding action and Luke's village getting stormtroopered rolled into one.

You'll notice though, that at no point in either scenes was their some cathartic quipping to "relieve the tension" or whatever. We didn't get a jump to comedy immediately after Vader snaps some dude's neck and tosses his lifeless body away, nor did we get a quip and fart joke to "save the mood" after seeing Owen and Beru's literal charred skeletons and burnt out hut.

The point of somber scenes is to be somber.

I really don't see it in TFA...at all

he's a jew you mongoloid

>Han Solo Jr. and Girl Luke
>Exciting.
Yeah I agree with this

>It's funny that once they decided to make Finn black, he became a completely different character a sort of dumbed down Jar jar Binks
and this

>Oscar Isaac was born Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada in Guatemala, to a Guatemalan mother, Maria, and a Cuban father, Oscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano,

Whoa

that scene was great, it show you right there who is the intended audience and you know exactly what to expect for the rest of the movie.

because hes not white? You may have donald trump syndrome. Go get checked at your local medical facility for a mental issues.

he's supposed to fill the latin quota, but they fucked it up because he's too white

Guatemalan, ladinos (white hispanics) here look jewish. Can confirm, am guatemalan ladino with jewish looks and no jewish ancestry

Latinx people can't be Jewish? Get out of here you Trump voting bigot

You're talking to a piece of shit that didn't see A New Hope until after Obama got re-elected.

Could have worked if the plot was "escaped storm trooper" takes Po's name and jacket and pretends to work for rebellion
Then ends up back on the "rebel" base where General Princess Leia wants to have him killed for being a spy

you first worlders will never undestand that feel

if he's not confirmed for gay in TLJ I'm dropping him

>His face turns me off, his acting makes me cringe.
you should really talk with your psychiatrist about this stuff

He looks and acts like a walking boner

this unhironically really makes me think

uhm

Funny thing is that I didn't even remember if that character had an accent or not. All I remembered is what he did. These faggots just need to learn how to get over their insecurities like the rest of us. Diversity quotas are not the answer.

I had the highest hopes he was gonna be my favorite and ended up being the least memorable.

He is clearly a mestizo

White boys mad the only "cool" actor is spanish

>Funny thing is that I didn't even remember if that character had an accent or not

this. who cares about an accent he was good in it

What kind of parents would name their child "Poe"? Thats a last name. They must have had some kind of space aids desu

Reddit-core.

he is like the only ok character in the movie besides Kylo and only Driver is saving Kylo.

You're missing the real Jew here: Kathleen Kennedy. It it weren't for her feminist core, we would've had better characters regardless of skin colors.

Poe Dameron is literally the shittiest made up name for a character I have ever heard. Can I just call him Poopy Dimplebutt? Makes me feel a little better

>t. terran scum
He is just displaying his proud Yavin IV heritage you fucking privileged white terran

dude's a good actor. you can't really argue with that. see Ex Machina (or how he just killed it as Hamlet).
now, as to whether latinos are inferior, have at it. he's certainly better looking than most white people i know

>I need Hollywood to sell me my own sense of self worth.

you sound really ugly, OP. too bad, so sad.

>Rey is a terrible, boring protagonist.
In theory, a talented, well-developed supporting cast could offset this

I'm not optimistic

>thrilling
Lmao

im kind of a 9/10 on the attractiveness scale actually. When was the last time you had sex with a 19 year old? Happened to me a couple weeks ago and she's now 20 and we still go at it.

Pathetic

Oscar Isaac was really good in Sucker Punch and Ex Machina and pretty solid in Inisde Llewyn Davis

He was alright in Star Wars. The comic they made for his character is atrocious, though

Nice, bro. I'm a 9/10 as well. How much you benching these days?

And yet you'll be there first faggot to cry when the protag is black or a woman because "muh self insert", "w-western stories should be written for western people"

He sounds like a villain in the new trailer going after the little guys.
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will bring the First Order down..."

>Can I please just express how I hate this useless boring character
yes
>actor
fuck no, this man is a legend in the making

Nothing he said indicates any of this.

This, not-aboriginal looking latino here
I look pretty much like pic related
Most of the men in my family also look like a specific kind of jewish people, grand dad literally looks like Netanyahu. It's a good thing I guess because you don't get instantly racially profiled because of the racial ambiguity.
That's the reason why Oscar Isaac has been able to land roles as white characters, like the king in Robin Hood without it seemng off, like the black knights of the round table type of shit

QUIPMASTER MARVELSHIT

Look at the stupid shit on his chest. Looks like a plastic lunchbox with some paint and stuff stuck on it. This is taking place 35 years after ROTJ and the first film was a very small budget for a sci-fi.

I actually love Oscar Isaac as an actor, but the Poe Damaron character is pretty useless thus far

Yeah I have a mate from Southamerica who looks exactly like this.
Jack black is jewish but he was casted as a mexican in that nacho film.
I think there''s an overlap of jews and spics

his best role was nathan in ex machina.

apart from that

he useless spic

Mestizo BBC is here to stay.

>girlfriend turns to me and says, "He's like the new Han Solo."

If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to assume that your girlfriend was never a really big star wars fan, and she only said this to look like she was engaging with you on something you were a fan of to make you happy

You're a brainlet
These scenes are nothing alike

It'd be equivalent to the rebel captain who's getting literally hoisted off the ground by the neck in the opening scene of SW saying "Wow, you're a real conversationalist aren't you!" before Darth Vader crushes his windpipe and throws his asphyxiating body aside like a sack of potatoes

>tfw seeing the trailer while watching blade runner

Literally every single character in nu-Star Wars is boring, useless and forgettable. I cant remember a single characters name from TFA.

Nope, she had watched empire the night before

>no Poe bf

finn was probably the best character in the movies and I thought he would be the worst before watching it.

>Poe
>Rey
>Fin
>Kylo
>Jyn

Why are the names of the characters so retarded? Where is ace pilot John Killswitch or Frank Shepard?

Star Wars isn't the worst offender for wacky space opera names--you have to watch anime for that.

a black brotha would have been better right nigga?

diversity only means black only!