Almost the same budget, yet vastly different outcomes. What happened?

Almost the same budget, yet vastly different outcomes. What happened?

Napoleon Dynamite actually tapped into something very real for people in middle America while the other is just dumb shit with an Internet character?

By the way, half the Napoleon Dynamite budget was for the after credits scene when MTV and Fox Searchlight bought the rights after it's Sundance premiere.

James is a literal retard who went to special ed for 10 years

Youtube retards self wank
VS
Some guys trying to make a comedy

Can someone adjust for inflation?

I didn't even know there was an after credits scene

>$517,816

I know right?
How come AVGN the movie was so much better than Napolean Dynamite?

A huge chunk of the budget probably went into licensing music. They had The White Stripes song, that Forever Young song, Jamiroquai's Canned Heat etc

I believe James could've made a decent movie, had it been completely detached from his online persona. But even then it would've only been decent. As enthusiast as he is for films, I don't believe he has the talent to direct something artful.

I just wanted a fun adventure with Mike and Bootsy and guitar guy. What was he thinking?

As someone who has relatives in bumfuck Idaho, I can tell you that it was a fairly realistic interpretation of life out there.

I've never even heard of this youtube faggot until this board brought it up.

James didn’t stay true to what made AVGN great.

being a 15 year old?

That too

All The Angry Video Game Nerd needed to be was "The Wizard" but with the Nerd, and people would have loved it.

Instead it was a baffling clusterfuck full of CGI, rented humvees, forced diversity casting...

>All The Angry Video Game Nerd MOVIE* needed to be was...

I'd rather eat diarrhoea doo doo than watch this piece of fuck

was james a massive fan of the bernie mac show? why else would he cast that guy?

His wife ruined everything. They could have had a perfectly great story with Guitar Guy as the sidekick and Mike Matei as the final villain.

mike blew half the budget on an experimental dick shrinking treatment

LOCO
O
C
O

But they're both shit

Napolian Dynamite is the worst movie i've ever seen.

It would have been better with a sex scene

mike wasn't in the movie because he didn't want to be. his wife had nothing to do with it

The problem with that movie is it's utterly detached from the online version. What would of been better is if it was the TV series continued. Have him have to leave his house and find modern gaming. Make it so the nerd doesn't know what CoD is. He's never seen a ps4. Make him go on a complete cringefest binge of modern gaming where he makes fun of all the cosplaying faggots and try hard speedrunners. By the end of it you see the Nerd is an asshole but was right all along.

Basically Kevin and Perry go large but in the form of vidya instead of Ibiza.

I was thinking the same, but more in the direction of Wayne's World. The Nerd gets a corporate sponsor who eventually forces the Nerd to review modern gaming.

You dont think $100,000 makes a difference?

You're forgetting that James Rolfe loves schlock and is an immature pleb who went to special school. He makes movies to play with dumb special effects, not to actually make anything good or clever. The AVGN movie made by James Rolfe wouldn't ever be anything other than what it is now.

Source? That scene doesn't look expensive.

You get your shlock from the cosplayers retard. Do a parody of the street fighter movie with zangief and E honda fighting.