ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Godred_MacHarold
ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Godred_Crovan
ttte.wikia.com/wiki/St._Machan
ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Earl_Sigurd_of_Orkney
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's fat and has big hairy eyebrows.

why is the sky at a 90 degree angle?

he's a racist imperialist

he tried to seal a dude inside a tunnel for the rest of his life.

Trains aren't people.

Well, guess there's no better time to discuss the new series of Thomas.

youtu.be/_FGpP0hJQsI?list=PLFwVvSnMKJjL3OQ6HvwY2P4TEkt_i945X

He's hasn't looked a day older in more than 50 years

They have sentience. They can think, act, and feel for themselves.

Worst episode of S20

The horrible th9ngs he did for money.

youtu.be/462KBuAhncU

terrible cocaine habit.

QUIET!

youtube.com/watch?v=2Iwvu-j7BuY

and also

youtube.com/watch?v=IjfwNwyhzXQ

Beg pardon, sir, but OP is being a considerable faggot.

Fat bastard

No, go away, you ruined my ability to look at Thomas as anything but horror everything again.

>this show made parents yell about how it was racist

I mean, it is a really fucked up situation when you think about it.

The dude just wanted to personify stories about obscure and interesting incidents and events that happened on railways. It's funny how such a simple and innocent premise had such unfortunate implications. Even when the books mentioned scrapping and being replaced, it was just him ranting on a pedestal about dieselization was basically "not muh steam engines" and mourning something he grew up his whole life around, and worked hard to help preserve.

That doesn't make them people

He's still wanted on the telephone.

Thomas then
>stop motion with models
>stories about railways
>stories were told within the Shining Time Station setting
Thomas now
>jarring CGI
>ridiculous stories about Thomas looking for pirate ships and shit
>no Shining Time Station
Not My Thomas
DELETE
THIS

Its sad to see anything historic get scrapped.

His hat should be taller.

>stories were told within the Shining Time Station setting
That was only in the US though

Thomas has stories about railways now as well
youtube.com/watch?v=dfd4w_uUVig
youtube.com/watch?v=r1IFBaY1_kM
Also the CGI is pretty good

More like they got a competent CGI Studio and writer at last.

Literally enslaving fucking TRAINS.

BP 175/110, needs to lose weight

Didn't the book have a line about how a character covered in soot looked like a nigger

>3d animation
DISGUSTING
WHY EVEN WATCH IT

My nephew is 14 months old and loves this shit.

At least he's jumping in at a time when they're re-establishing the lore of the franchise after throwing it in the trash for 13 seasons

What's the name of this ytp?

He's FAT

What lore?

Time to post my favorites.
>ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Godred_MacHarold
>Godred MacHarold (known in Sudrian legend as King Orry or Starstrider) was King of Sodor and Mann from 979 to 989. After the defeat of the Norse by the Irish, he harried Wales, then landed on Mann, where, he famously pointed to the stars reflected in the water and said to the locals "There is the path running from my county to this place. That is my road to fame and fortune." Godred gave Sodor and Mann ten years of peace, and his reign is remembered as a golden age. On Sodor, he is remembered affectionately as King Orry.

>Godred often fought off attempts by Earl Sigurd of Orkney to reclaim Mann in 982 and Sodor in 984 at a ford near what is now Peel Godred, named in his honour, which has now been replaced by a bridge called "King Orry's Bridge".

>Sigurd was not captured during either battle, and returned in 989. In a battle on Mann, Godred and his two elder sons were killed, but his wife, daughter Gudrun, and youngest son Harold escaped to Islay.

>Godred was named after him. Culdee noted that this honour may have been a factor in his carelessness.

>ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Godred_Crovan
Godred Crovan, the son of King Harold and grandson of Godred MacHarold, was born in Iceland in 1045. Sometime after Harold was killed in 1047, Crovan and his mother Gerda returned to Sodor with Sigurd of Cronk, his wife, Helga, and his son Ogmund, also born in 1045.

Crovan and Ogmund were brought up together as best friends, and later as stepbrothers after Helga died and Sigurd married Gerda.

In 1063, Sigurd died and was succeeded by Ogmund in the position of most powerful man in Sodor, after the king. The king of Sodor and son of invader Earl Sigurd of Orkney, Thorfinn, was losing his grip to power, and Crovan set about regaining his father's kingdom. With Sodor virtually in good hands, he left and conquered the Isles, Dublin, and eventually Mann in the battle of Sky Hill in 1079. Ogmund, however, fell in the battle.

Two Norman invasions were stopped near Crovan's Gate in 1089 and near Arlesdale and Harwick by the sudrian heroine Sigrid of Arlesdale in 1094.

>Crovan died sometime between 1089 and 1116. He is remembered for foiling the only Viking invasion in Sodor's history by means of a clever ruse, luring the Vikings to a small pass (now named Crovan's Gate in his honour) while another group destroyed the Vikings' ships.

>ttte.wikia.com/wiki/St._Machan
>St. Machan (pronounced Mat-shan) is the patron saint of Sodor.

>During the sixth century, missionaries from the "Iona School" arrived on Sodor and settled in the more densely-populated south. St. Machan, however, settled in a cave near Culdee Fell, in the north. That cave has since become a place of pilgrimage. People came from far and wide to be baptised in Loey Machan, named in his honour.

>There is a myth that a warband of Vikings planned to plunder Harwick but were converted by St. Machan in awe of his fearlessness. This is most likely false as Viking raids on Sodor did not begin until the eighth century.
>St. Machan's Day is April 30th.

>ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Earl_Sigurd_of_Orkney
>Earl Sigurd of Orkney, known in history as Sigurd the Stout, was a man who often tried to reclaim the lands of Sodor and Mann from Godred MacHarold. He attempted to claim Mann in 982 and Sodor two years later. He failed both times, but was never captured and returned in 989. His forces killed MacHarold and two of his sons in a battle in Mann, but Godred's youngest son, Harold, escaped with Godred's wife and daughter. Sigurd died in 1014, and Harold reclaimed both islands from Sigurd's young heir, Thorfinn.

The best part is all of this is canon.

bump

why the fuck are there vikings in thomas the tank engine

You know how Lord of the Rings has the Silmarillion to explain everything about the world and history?

Reverend Awdry wrote a similar book for the Island of Sodor

Sodor is supposed to be an island located between Mann and Great Britain. In the Middle Ages, Norwegian lords ruled over Mann, Orkney, and the Hebrides, in what was known as the Kingdom of the Isles. In fact, the two parts were often called Nodor and Sodor in the Old Norse language.

Because story>visuals

I never get tired of watching these.

I don't get are people here being ironic, or is this shit actually scary for people. This shit is weak.