/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Hero of the Valley of the Jedi Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.html

>Out This Week:
Ghosts of Geonosis Parts 1 & 2 (January 7)

>The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns | Star Wars Rebels
youtube.com/watch?v=mLN_y-uWAVA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i9-vP7kJheI
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/5lhl99/mr_plinkett_responds_to_comments_on_his_video/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is she, /swco/?

Reminder that all hopes for the future of the franchise rests on Rian "Looper" Johnson's shoulders

youtube.com/watch?v=i9-vP7kJheI

First for Mike being a little bitch.

Kyle a shit

wasn't Gray Leader from ROTJ Asian?

Yeah. We've also had Asian characters in TCW and Rebels.

Not going to waste 11 minutes watching, give me a summary user

Nothing surprising. He act same way he acted, same thing from very begging of Phantom Menace review.

RedLetterMedia is going down down down

Mike as Plinkett in full defense mode after the huge backlash to his Rogue One review

>people criticized my opinion so I'm going to choose some shitty opinions from the comments and say how shitty they are

Devolves into him strawmanning cherrypicked youtube comments.

RLM has always been a joke, but now their fanbase is waking up to that.

You know, I find it funny that if Mike's opinion lined up with /swco/, everyone here would be praising him

>MFW get hype GEONOSIS THIS WEEK
Saw's gonna be edgy, and probably get Edgera to show up again. I hope a few Geonosians escape to join the Alliance and manufacture/repair the rebel fleet as venegance against the Empire

And then Sabine+Mandos the week after. Meh. They said she would get development this season, maybe we'll finally see it in "Trials of the Darksaber"

>Boohoo we're too smart for Star Wars
>Waah we don't like Rogue One because it's too fanservicey(but TFA wasn't) and part of disneys money making machine
>I-if you don't agree with us you're a dummy!-!

That's basically it.
It's pretty much just incoherent rambling, trying to keep an image together. They're just coming off as pathetic and desperate.

No?
He loves the OT but we still hate him.

Care to try again?

The newest preview showed there's at least one egg, so Geonosian survival and potential to repopulate on another planet is very likely

I'd love it if the Geonosians helped the alliance design the X-Wing, letting them have a hand in the fighter that destroyed the Death Star

BEST
E
S
T

DARK JEDI DARK JEDI DARK JEDI DARK JEDI

Only if he suddenly start praising or defending all SW movies.

X-wings are donated by sympathizers, I thought

Please don't do that

When is Rebels going to reveal Ahsoka's fate?

probably not until season 5.

Not until another book comes out
Want to find out?
PAY UP

It's hilarious how some people insist on defending RLM even after this whole debacle surrounding Rogue One

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/5lhl99/mr_plinkett_responds_to_comments_on_his_video/

hory shet
Mace was my man.

Honestly, I think they're holding Taylor Gray for a live action version of Ezra. If they do a movie around or during the time of ANH, he's about in the right age range for it currently if you take into account how old Hamill was when he first played Luke.

They don't have to, and I hope they don't. Sure, one could argue no body or no visible death means she MAY have survived, but leaving it ambiguous and not explicitly showing anything was for the best.

I'm THAT guy who liked TFA more than RO but goddamn this is pathetic. Who gives a shit about others calling out your taste in movies. He's either doing it for clickbait revenue or he's that assblasted.

I think he's too used to being worshipped as some authority on Star Wars and isn't reacting well to people pushing back against him

Can someone summarize the plots of all the movies in the franchise so far?

Why? Just go watch the movies.

Wars in the Stars.

I'm having an argument with a friend that says TFA sticks out like a sore thumb that way

That's absolutely it. Remember how the Plinkett TFA video was mostly them being pissed that people are starting to appreciate the prequels?

I don't think so. He insulted people who even enjoyed the PT films and called the stupid and then said Star Wars was only good in the 80's. Say what you will but the majority of us like both trilogies and wouldnt start belittling people who disagreed with us.

>prequel safe space
Dont even mention this because you know its not true. Shitposters pretending to be assholes is hardly the threads opinion

Some people shoot red lasers at people who shoot green lasers

would Sup Forums fuck a Nightsister?

I tried watching that. Got like an hour in and he still hadn't talked about the fucking movie and gave up on it.

Of course. Even Old Daka

Yes, but I would fuck most things anyway

Yes

>He insulted people who even enjoyed the PT films and called the stupid
That's kinda the point of the Plinkett character
He's offensive and hyperbolic. A parody of a nerd who takes things too seriously

>post yfw Hypori is chosen for Geonosis new homeworld

>Nightsister elders raping the men of Dathomir
is there more of this?

But Mike is proving himself to be a parody as well.
He's extremely booty bruised about people not just hanging on his every word regarding Star Wars.

>A New Hope

>Big bad Empire is ruling the galaxy
>They have the Death Star to destroy planets
>Good guy Rebels wants to destroy it
>Kid on a sand planet hates his life
>He gets dragged into the plot
>Ends up saving a princess who was taken prisoner by the bad guys
>From there he joins up with the good guys and then destroys the Death Star

I did A New Hope for ya, but stopped there because I realized it would take way too long to go through all movies and I'm too tired for that shit.

As others have said, just watch the movies, they're good. It's worth it.

>yfw Maul shows up alive and well in Episode 8
>He still doesn't know Obi-wan is long dead

Is he the most powerful character to ever exist in star wars?

>"good news, we found a new homeworld for you, it's in the Hosnian system!"

how does /swco/ feel about Jedi Master Plo Koon?

that'd be funny but lets face it, those uppity snobs would never allow geonosians in their neighborhoods driving down property values

>he doesn't have a signature look of superiority

oh fuck my sides

Hypori is used by the Empire, according to Catalyst, in the DS project. That would be extremely retarded for the rebels, especially if Saw is able to trace DS work to Hypori like he did Geonosis.

Why does Sheev tell Nute to kill Obi-Wan and Qui Gon?

Prequels, 1, 2 3:
The last years of the Old Republic. Chancellor Sheev Palpatine masterfully orchestras a war between the Republic and Separatist Alliance which causes the creation of the clone army, the tool he later uses to decimate the only people preventing the downfall of the Republic, the Jedi order. By executing order 66, it triggers a hidden impulse in all clone troopers to kill their Jedi generals. In the process of taking over, the takes on the fallen Jedi Anakin Skywalker as his new apprentice and he becomes the greatest Sith lord to live in a long time, Darth Vader. Using technology researched by the separatists during the war, he orders the construction of a weapon of unsurpassed power.

Rogue One: 3½:
The weapon turns out to be a space station with the offensive capacity to vaporize an entire planet in seconds. Under the leadership of Director Orson Krennic, the weapon is completed. But the chief scientist responsible for the death star sends a message to his daughter and the rebellion, giving them knowledge of a fatal flaw in its design. His daughter and several rebels give their lives bringing this knowledge to the rebellion proper.

Original Trilogy, 4, 5, 6:
The plans detailing how to defeat the Death Star end up on the desert planet of Tatooine outside the immediate reach of the Empire due to quick thinking by a Princess of Aldaraan named Leia. Meanwhile having done away with the last of the old republic and united the Separatist systems under his rule, Palpatine dissolves the parliament of independent planets and declares himself Emperor. A Jedi who fled the extermination during order 66, Obi-Wan Kenobi, resurfaces on the planet of Tatooine as his help becomes needed, and a young farmboy named Luke Skywalker intercepts the crucial rebel data by pure chance. The two commit to bringing the information to the rebels in the hopes of defeating the empire, employing a charismatic smuggler named Han Solo and his wookie friend Chewbacca.

Looks like a fart fetish movie desu.

He's awesome

Pedo scum, good riddance!

But does he have a keen mind?

He's wrongly accused of crimes he did not commit. He was framed by notorious criminal Mo Poon, a Kel-Dor con artist with a long history of evading the law.

They are in the way of the slow-burn plan to get Palpatine into the Chancellor seat. Through them escaping down to Naboo, and over to Tatooine and Coruscant, the plans that Palpatine set up with the TF had to be changed.

He didn't want Jedi meddling in his plan

He crashed his plane with no survivors

>people got paid to write this
I wish that was my job desu.

>He was framed by notorious criminal Mo Poon, a Kel-Dor con artist with a long history of evading the law.
We've heard that story before but the evidence doesn't hold up

Actually Pablo Hidalgo wrote the Rogue One VD pretty much for fun. I suppose you could say, as Supreme Arbiter of Canon, that he does it for free

But in order for Sheev to be made Chancellor, there needs to be a crisis on Naboo, but the crisis is only found out because the Jedi help Padme get to the senate.
Wouldn't Sheev want the Jedi to go back to the Senate to say there's a crisis?

Yeah I'd love to see what happened to them after the Clone Wars.Attack of the Clones was an underrated movie in my opinion.

We talk a lot about what Anthology movies we WANT to see, but what Anthology movies do you actually expect to see?

Are we cursed to years of OT side character spin-offs, or do you think the movies will branch out into maybe even unseen eras and territory like the EU eventually did?

A New Hope
>Luke wants to leave Tatooine, meets Obi-Wan who teaches him to become a Jedi, he meets up with Han Solo and Chewbacca, they save Leia, Obi-Wan dies, Luke blows up the Death Star

Empire Strikes Back
>Luke trains to be a Jedi with Yoda on Dagobah, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, and 3PO hide from the Empire and get trapped by the Empire on Cloud City, Han gets frozen in carbonite, Luke fights Vader, loses his hand, and finds out Vader is his dad

Return of the Jedi
>Luke and Leia save Han Solo on Tatooine, Luke finds out Leia is his sister, they go to Endor, confronts Vader and the Emperor, Vader kills the Emperor, turns back to the light side, and dies, the Rebels blow up the second Death Star

The Phantom Menace
>Qui-Gon finds Anakin on Tatooine and frees him, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan fight Darth Maul, Qui-Gon dies, Obi-Wan takes Anakin as his student

Attack of the Clones

>Anakin desperately wants to bang Padme and she gives in, Obi-Wan does investigation work and finds out about Jango Fett and the clone army, gets trapped on Geonosis, Anakin's mom dies and he and Padme go to save Obi-Wan, Anakin loses his arm and marries Padme, Jar Jar gives Sheev emergency powers in the senate, the Clone Wars start

Revenge of the Sith
>Anakin wants to save Padme, Sheev tells him the only way he can do so is to turn to the dark side, Anakin kills Mace Windu and a shitload of Jedi, Anakin and Obi-Wan fight, Anakin loses his limbs, gets burned, and gets the suit and becomes Darth Vader, Padme gives birth to Luke and Leia and dies

The Force Awakens
>who fucking cares

Rogue One
>the Rebels get the plans to the Death Star and they all die

The TF could have sent word to Coruscant that they killed two Jedi for daring to get involved in their affairs. That would probably have caused more of a response than what happened.

If Rogue One and the Han Solo movie is anything to go by, it sure looks like they're going to keep on using things we've already heard about. Pre-established things.

I hope at some point, we get a movie that is completely unrelated to anything previous, that is just it's own self contained story.

It's covered in The Clone Wars tv series, the Darth Vader comics, and Rogue One Catalyst, which basically say that they were put to work on the death star then genocided to keep it a secret.

The crisis is there regardless of the Jedi involvement. What Sheev wanted was to have Gunray force Padme to sign a treaty, which he could then use as political ammunition and proof that the TF has coerced her into letting them stay on Naboo. The Jedi getting her to Coruscant needed him to change his plans- he no longer needed the treaty and just had Padme call for Valorum's ouster straight up.

What is /swco/ opinion of the novelizations of the movies? Any other books like Catalyst that add more stuff?

TPM- pretty much just the movie, not any better or worse. Mentions Darth Bane though.
AOTC- Lots of bonus content. added Tatooine scenes with Shmi and the Lars family are great.
ROTS- most will say this is better than the movie. It's not. The author spends half the book covering one third of the movie and has to rush the shit out of the end. The writing style is also very... fedora.
TFA- haven't read, i've heard it sucks
R1- read an excerpt of K2-SO's death, seems pretty well written

>What Sheev wanted was to have Gunray force Padme to sign a treaty
Why bother with the treaty?

Like, my understanding of Sheev's plan is to use the Dark Side to force the TF to attack Naboo in order to claim that Vicks Vapour Rub is a shitty limp dick chancellor and that Sheev would have the balls to stand up to the Space-Jews.

How does a treaty work its way in there?
And how does a treaty "legalize" an invasion?
Does the treaty say "We're friends and we like being blockaded?"

I had the habit of using their video as background noise, anything else i could use as background noise /swco/?

TFA pads a lot of scenes and Foster tends to ramble a lot. It's eerily similar to Aftermath

How did Anakin end up with the cutest Padawan/number one daughter?

The original Alan Dean Foster ones are fantastic, the new ones are nice but not really worthwhile in comparison.

The treaty serves as proof of their occupation. Note how when Padme goes to the senate to accuse them, the TF senator immediately calls bullshit and insists she has no proof, and that a committee has to investigate, and so on. He's trying to drown out the accusations behind a wall of red tape, which he wouldn't be able to do if they had a treaty.

>And how does a treaty "legalize" an invasion?
It doesn't. Sheev assures Gunray that it'll be accepted by the senate but the entire point is that Sheev can actually use this as ammunition and not only prevent the senate from accepting it but use it as proof of coercion and proof that Valorum's a shitty leader for letting this happen. Since it's his planet that's getting fucked in all this, it would create a strong sympathy vote for him to replace Valorum.

>daughter
but they were fucking

Yoda thought giving Anakin a padawan would teach him to become more patient and less reckless. It didn't work.

I didn't even read your post, I just wanted to say that's an amazing picture.

Isn't that what daughters are for?

that only makes it better

no, it is not

I thought Anakin was fucking Obiwan?

Man, who wasn't fucking Obi-Wan?

Satine

Fair point.

they were not gay

The First Order Era, 7, 8, 9
After the defeat of Palpatine at the hands of Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker, the Empire begins to fall apart due to infighting. With no clear leadership, many of the planets under Imperial control break away to join the rebellion. However, the Imperial remnant is gathered under a new leader, a mysterious and powerful being known as Grand Leader Snoke and his two enforcers, High Commander Armitage Hux in charge of the military and the sith apprentice Kylo Ren, the leader of the Knights of Ren, an order dedicated to bringing back the Sith. Using the significant military assets left behind by the Empire, they form the First Order, an even more brutal and extremist version of Palpatine's vision. Once again having created a superweapon in the form of a planet destroying laser, the First Order annihilates the planet of Hosnian Prime, home to the capital of the New Republic, formed after the downfall of the Empire. A hotshot rebel pilot named Poe Dameron attempts to deliver a map to his superiors, one detailing the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker, believed to be the last and greatest Jedi alive after events yet not detailed in the gap between film 6 and 7. A Stormtrooper named Finn (FN-2187) defects to help Poe, in the process picking up the orphan and scavenger Rey on the planet of Jakku and later both Han Solo and Chewbacca, who together help destroy the new threat of the planet destroyer, levelling the playing field between the First Order and the Rebel Alliance. Rey who has discovered that she is force sensitive seeks out Luke Skywalker in his self-imposed exile and offers herself as his apprentice. With the new death star destroyed as well as the leadership of the New Republic gone, it seems the future of the galaxy will be decided mainly by battle between the Sith and the Jedi.

But gay is mandatory for a Jedi

what was going on with the sorceries of Dathomir? was it Dark Side bullshit? were the men intrinsically shit at Force powers, which is why they were slaves to the women?