Can we all agree that Green Goblin is the most iconic and influential villain in all comics?

Can we all agree that Green Goblin is the most iconic and influential villain in all comics?

He's the arch nemesis of the most popular superhero in the world and defined the very concept of an arch nemesis.

You'd need a bigass asterisk saying from marvel. Although, I guess he is one of the better arch nemeses of comics, just by the fact that the rest of spiderman's rogues gallery is pretty weak, and Batman and Superman have enough competent villains that there isn't a singular one that overshadows the rest (well, Joker maybe just because they push him so fucking hard)

>Spiderman
>not Spider-man
>weak rouges gallery

What. Spider-man is well known to have the greatest rouge's gallery in comics. Do you even read comics, or are you just a Batfag?

I mean, everyone knows his rogues gallery like the back of their hand but the only one of any real competition to GG is venom.

I agree with you that Spider-Man's rogue gallery is awesome, but most of Sup Forums doesn't seem to hold that opinion. Also, Spider-Man is my favorite superhero but Batman's rogue gallery is just better.

That being said, the Joker definitely beats out Green Goblin in terms of iconic/influential and possibly Lex might as well, although he's debatable.

>Venom
>only

Everyone knows the big 3 of Spidey's rogue gallery are Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, and Venom. In that order.

Lex Luthor would win that title, considering that Osborn has been slowly turned into Lex Luthor over the years.

Doc Ock is a fucking gag character, man

When has he ever been as menacing as the other two?

But all of that describes the Joker more

Green Goblin didn't even exist for years.

You're forgetting someone.

He was pretty menacing in Ends of the Earth

Osborn was an evil, domineering businessman before Luthor was.

>Can level and entire building with his arms.

>Humiliated Iron Man over nothing and tricked him into begging for mercy.

>Restrained Thor once

>Nearly blew up the entire freaking planet.

>Killed Spider-Man.

Yeah, I know, what a gag character.

When I was a kid Green Goblin straight up didn't exist in anything- just Hobgoblin. And Venom was Spiderman's nemesis. In fact, until the movie I didn't even know who GG was.

Joker.

>implying Spider-Man is more popular than Batman

Gag character? Is this a troll? He literally took over Spider-Man's body for a while. He's the villain of arguably Spidey's most famous story - If This Be My Destiny.

Stop this shitty meme. Norman is not a good villain anymore. He used to be, when he was dead because his influence could still be felt throughout the world of Spiderman and even Marvel as a whole. He was a guy who even in death ruined Peter's life.

However, the whole being brought back he is just a poor man's Luthor with none of the charm. Instead, he is just shilled as Peter's greatest and smartest foe, only getting away with everything because everyone holds the idiot ball.

You're overstating his importance. His archenemy status is largely retroactive. The death of Gwen Stacy is of course hugely important to Spider-Man and the history of comics, but Norman himself has only acquired real significance in his own right in recent years. Before that it was the aftershocks of his actions that mattered. Gwen's death, Harry's tenure as the Green Goblin, the Hobgoblin. These things are all much bigger than Norman himself was. But he's certainly gained traction in the years since he returned. Though, I think he's been backsliding in importance since Dark Reign.

Now, take other big villains like Lex Luthor or the Joker. Their villainous feats don't loom larger than the characters themselves. Take away murdering Gwen Stacy and Norman diminishes. It's the one thing that puts him ahead of other Spider-Man rogues.

So no, he's not the most iconic and influential villain.

Have you never heard of Magneto or the Joker?