RIP Netflix

RIP Netflix

Other urls found in this thread:

investors.com/news/technology/click/netflix-plans-to-spend-7-billion-on-content-in-2018-variety/
barrons.com/articles/the-trouble-with-netflix-1502510711
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah, i've seen all the disney movies i care to watch and the marvel movies i watch in the theater. Netflix gives me a bunch of shows i like so no. Disney app does nothing for me.

Did you not read that they just added 20th century fox, universal pictures, and warner bros to their catalog?

Yea I've seen this before in the video game industry they all fail.

Does Disneyflix have Finn Wolfhard?

Netflix is going to invest 7 billion into originals for next year.

investors.com/news/technology/click/netflix-plans-to-spend-7-billion-on-content-in-2018-variety/

The lost Marvel but they bought Mark Millars franchises

i'll keep using netflix and pirate whatever's not on it.

I don't know if their original stuff is a major selling point to people. A lot just want to watch The office and movies like Mean girls

If it has every Dinsey movie going back to the 30s I'm getting it.

They also signed the negress that makes all of the ABC hits.

10000% this. I don't give a fuck about their terrible originals, the office is on repeat 24/7

Why is he so cute bros?

Disney is fucking garbage, no thanks.

Disney makes awful films
Netflix makes awful TV shows

whoever wins, we lose

>The lost Marvel but they bought Mark Millars franchises
So they're pulling a Hugh Grant is what you're saying

>I don't give a fuck about their terrible originals
I rather have new food than leftovers everyday.

>Netflix combines all moviesand series into a single platform
>makes millions
>Everyone takes away content from the single platform expecting to make the same

They're probably just going to ruin the entire industry and some new company that can combine all these streaming platforms will take it over again.

combine, split, combine, split... never-ending cycle.
Funny thing is that these companies never seem to think long term.

Unless it costs less than $5 a month, I have no interest. These companies are getting ridiculous. The reason Netflix and Hulu do so well is because they cost significantly less than having cable and you still get the majority of shows and movies you would watch and without ads. The more companies that begin their own subscription service and hoard their content, the less appealing it becomes over time. Eventually people are going to see they're spending as much as they did for a standard cable subscription and cut back once again.

Netflix is for shows, movies are for pirating and cinema.

>Netflix originals
Enjoy more Big Mouth and Deathnote

They'll probably charge twice as much now.

Meanwhile Hulu dropped it's price in half

>They're probably just going to ruin the entire industry and some new company that can combine all these streaming platforms will take it over again.
and that will be amazon.

I'll just pirate everything i want as always.

Hulu has become a legitimately good service. Everything good Netflix dropped, Hulu has picked up

>Netflix shares fell only five percentage points this past week, even as the company’s key vulnerability was laid bare for investors—twice. Walt Disney, a vital source of Netflix content, said it will pull Disney and Pixar movies and shows after next year to start its own streaming service. And Facebook launched a video service with niche shows covering sports, cooking, reality contests, social-media celebrities, and more. For now, it’s far from a threat to the runaway leader in subscription streaming, but then, when Netflix was founded 20 years ago this month, it was far from a threat to Blockbuster.

>One of the all-time great story stocks, Netflix (ticker: NFLX) has a plot flaw, one that could cut its share price by more than half by the end of the decade. It is chiefly a hit-renter, not a hit-owner. Even among the expanding universe of Netflix Originals, top performers like House of Cards and Orange Is the New Black, which have both run for five seasons, are licensed, not owned. There is only one example of an owned Netflix hit reaching a second season—Stranger Things, which returns in October.

>There are two ways to accumulate owned hits: Make them or buy them. Both require copious amounts of cash, and Netflix is running low. This year, it expects to burn through $2 billion to $2.5 billion. That’s a remarkable acceleration from the $1.7 billion last year and just over $900 million the year before. For now, it is financing this spending with junk-rated debt. But its long-term debt stands at $4.8 billion.

barrons.com/articles/the-trouble-with-netflix-1502510711

REMINDER THAT THE ONLY SUCCESSFUL NETFLIX ORIGINAL IS STRANGER THINGS.
All the others were licensed to Netflix and so they made _NOTHING_ from them.

god what a stupid nigger analogy jesus christ

Don’t mind him. He’s probably just some fag from Sup Forums considering they always make FUCK AWFUL food analogies

>let me eat this shit food because it's new instead of this food I know is good
???

KEEP WATCHING THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, FAGGOT

No 'Song of the South', no sale

keep making stupid fucking food analogies you goddamn brainless peon

or more House of Cards, Stranger Things, Ozark, Narcos, etc

>watch this shit because it’s NEW! NEW IS AUTOMATICALLY GOOD!

>giving money to netflix

>Meanwhile Hulu dropped it's price in half

Its literally a bait and switch, the price is only for a limited time

>so they made _NOTHING_ from them.
um what
if people bought a subscription to netflix because of licensed shows, netflix made money
if people bought a subscription to netflix because of stranger things and other netflix productions, netflix made money

None of those things are any good.

>i just watch netflix for reruns and movies i've already seen

if you're referring to Steam vs Origin, UPlay, etc., I think the difference is that a large portion of users had thousands of dollars permanently invested in Steam already before the others came out
at that point, it made more sense to keep buying games there when you could, and only begrudgingly used the others when you had to
in Netflix's case vs other streaming services, you're only paying a service fee, so it's easier to cut ties completely when another service with better content appears

>all that debt
KEK couldn't happen to a shittier company
When Stranger Things season 2 BOMBS Sup Forums will have the Netflix shills out in force

>this damage control
ALL NEW THINGS ARE GOOD AND BETTER THAN OLD THINGS

Wow it's nothing.

reminder that Disney is making originals for their service too.

>“We’ll make original films for the platform, probably about five a year. Those will be made specifically for the platform. And we’ll do the same for television. We’ll make original TV series; we’ll take Disney Channel series and move them eventually to this platform. And we’ll also fill it in with shorts and other library product. So it’ll have thousands of hours of Disney, Marvel, Pixar and Star Wars-branded product on it.”

basically that means a live action Star Wars show is incoming

>netflix is investing 7 million on originals
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Use that money to buy the distribution rights to pre-existing kino

Bunch of trash.
I hate Disney Marvel but I liked the Netflix Originals like Daredevil.
Disney is gonna pull all those shows off Netflix.

>"We’ll make original films for the platform, probably about five a year"
They'll probably be really bad though like how they used to make those straight-to-VHS sequels i.e. The Lion King II, The Return of Jafar, etc.

>one service where you have to purchase each movie and film individually
>or pay the same price for one film but having access to thousands of shows and movies for the month

wish they would invest it into having shows people actually want to watch desu

>Mark Millars franchises
Oh yay, they get the edgiest of capeshit. What a score.

its billion actually

>i judge shows i haven't watched more than 10 minutes of or aren't even out yet

The Return of Jafar and King of Thieves were enjoyable, though

netflix sucks shit at the moment

I don't give two licks of a dick about 99% of their original content. they have none of the good movies and shows they used to.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK DON'T THEY REALIZE NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THEIR SHITTY ORIGINALS? THEY ONLY PAY TO SEE MOVIES THEY COULDN'T SEE AT THE THEATER

I used netflix because it was more convenient than pirating old TV shows. now all the shows I like are gone or they have an incomplete series. fuck it.

it makes sense though
all the Disney content will be exclusive there, which will hook people, and people will "buy" the movies they want
Disney picking up deals with other studios means your digital library grows even more
next thing you know, you can't walk away from their service because you potentially have hundreds of dollars invested in it

I bet it'll be filled with those those atrocious bluray "remasters" that remove all the quality and change the screen ratio, rather than well-done transfers.

A single service where every tv network and film studio gets a cut of the profits. Literally every show and movie is on it.

How much would you pay a month?

(inb4 someone mentions torrents are that but for free)

Good!! I don't want dirty black bars on the sides of the picture on my very large TV thank you very much

>I can't tell how shit a show will be purely by the service making it or the synopsis

How many series do they need to push Social Justice? Doesn't it just become duplicitous after like the 5th series?

Literally everything ever? So say I want some obscure 70s buddy cop series with the original soundtrack, it's on there?

I'd pay $40-50 a month.

$19.99 and I mostly download shit but I would stop if I could have everything that easy

the stuff they make for theaters is terrible, why should the stuff they make for the streaming service be any better?

>has about 800 shitty Direct 2 Video sequels he could mention
>mentions the Aladdin sequels which are the only ones that were actually good

Except I mentioned 1 (one) Aladdin sequel and it isn't very good.

You shitpost, but there really are A LOT of people who think that way. Blew my mind back when everyone still used small CRT screens and it blows my mind even more with today's big screens.

Return of Jafar is awful

inb4 disney loses a shit ton of money on it and goes back to netflix.

king of thieves is good tho

>the stuff they make for theaters is terrible,

disney has been #1 for like years now normies love their stuff

>every tv network and film studio gets a cut of the profits
Im expert kino and Id give $99 and $19.99 for each title

It pained me to type it even but yeah it's really frustrating. It's killed a lot of promising reissues.

If I see one more Netflix original I am cancelling my subscription.

>originals
These are for consumers who value cheap ideals of entertainment over film and art. People who watch shitty tv show after show. But I only care about film, and worthwhile directors. Netflix is as good as dead.

Who's gonna get Disney shit. Once you've seen a film you hardly 're watch it. Most aren't new films. And there's n it much choice. Who cares

>Who's gonna get Disney shit.
families

>families
this is 2017

Literally EVERYTHING? Shit son I'd pay some ridiculous sum that I can't even calculate right now. Only reason I don't pay for shit is because it's a hassle and I can't stand buying a bunch of plastic that'll be obsolete in a decade or two. As soon as there's a service that has all the shit I want it'll be less of a hassle than pirating and I'll jump on it.

single moms and their boyfriends and bastard children

>New app where you can BUY and watch
No fucking thanks

Great! Now that I have enough streaming services to make up for the extra income, I am FINALLY ready to cut the cable!

$5/month. I don't want all the films I just want the handful that aren't shit. Only Filmstruck is even attempting that.

Mubi

>The site has been praised or endorsed by public figures ranging from critic Roger Ebert[28] to actress Sasha Grey[29] to director Rian Johnson.[30]

>actress Sasha Grey

I'll check it out though.

>literally the only half decent Netflix Original to be made was Beasts of No Nation (literally half decent, turns to utter shit in the second act)
>investing 7 billion dollars for more SHIT
>expecting to survive

The sooner the movie industry is turned to ash the better

>Netflix Originals

I would pay good money for an parallel universe Netflix where they made shows that weren't filled with liberalism nonsense with staff writers that spouted off retarded shit on twitter all day.

Yep, this is bad for Netflix. Particularly since they get such poor quality results from all the money they spend on new shows.

How many hits have they had ? Stranger Things was obviously a hit, Narcos, House of Cards, the Marvel stuff has been decent, The OA made some ripples, but overall for all the insane amount of money they spend on shows they have gotten very little in return.

Of course their strategy has pretty much been to give a bag of money to every producer who comes knocking, that has to change now that competition is ramping up. They REALLY need to get value for money or Disney and the other big sharks will eat them.

Who the fuck would want to watch Disney movies on tv. Especially MCU. It ALL looks like a fucking trash during second view.

>more death note like movies.

Nah, im good

Why are you afraid of new things user

>Netflix Originals

i.e. British TV shows months after they air in the UK.

Pretty much. 'Netflix Originals' means almost literally nothing as someone else ITT pointed out

Maybe if they didn't focus on binge watching so much they'd be more successful. Right now you can just subscribe for a month, watch all the episodes of the new season that just came out, and then cut the next month.

Or I can just download it off IPT for free an hour after Netflix publishes it

>It ALL looks like a fucking trash during second view.
and first
and before first

Normalfags don't know how to pirate.

Wow you're so right those are such small studios they never put out any movies or TV shows.

I don't think your spinal cord touches your brain.

Is this bait?

I cancelled Hulu because I was paying the extra $4 for no ads, and I kept getting messages that said "this show is not a part of the no-ads plan" and they would show me ads anyway.

pig disgusting