Champions #4 Preview

Who do you think the black hand belongs to?

Probably some fucking white male

I feel like the art's gotten worse.

>ground-to-air

SAM. Surface-to-air.

This triggers me.

And that's it for the preview!

>you people
Oh, that's how it is, huh?

>Surface-to-air.
Earth-to-Heaven

They have two members that can fly and one who can make a net
Why not have Miles make a webbing net and Viv/Sam carry the remaining 3?

Sam should be in his boxers on the last panel.

Does it really matter?

When is Hummingbird gonna join this team?

At this point I think I've given up on this series being good. Now I just want an issue of Sam and Miles hanging out. Scott might be there too.

volume 2
if and only if this books sells well enough to convince Marvel that just throwing all your abandoned teens on a team book is gonna make good money this time unlike New Warriors

>someone pointing out Scott should be leader

Fucking finally, he is the only one on the team with any experience in commanding people and should've probably been flying the jet in the first place considering he's spaceship and jet trained.

>They have two members that can fly

Nova broke his hat

so how long until Waid and Ramos get the memo about Sam's helmet being what creates his suit

After they crashed

you guys care much more than Marvel's editors do...

last issue when Kamala and Cho were quibbling about how should be leader, Sam suggested Kid Hitler since he knew it would get under their skin and Viv agreed

It's Sam.
This mistake is in character.

because this is just a preview, and most likely the story depends on them being stranded in the ocean?

back in ANAD Avengers he'd gotten the hang of maintaining enough of a link to his helmet that the whole costume doesn't just vanish every time he takes it off

that's Cho flying, Sam is in the background

>most likely the story depends on them being stranded in the ocean?
Yeah
But I still don't like when character forget their abilities
Like Spider-man being stopped by a wall

it was the 10th smartest person in the world, amadues cho who said that though

you know what bugs me?

When people spell cough as "kaff". It's already an onomatopoeia.

Thats not how it works for him

>But I still don't like when character forget their abilities

HE BROKE HIS FUCKING HELMET DUMBASS

What about that time that Spidey was stopped by The Wall?

can't Viv fly?

that's back when he started being able to take the helmet off without turning back into his civvies so I'm left to reach my own conclusions

or to put it differently, that's how it works now

How many issues until Waid ruins Gwen?

that's one flier then and they will probably explain why she can't just save them one at a time

When they're crashing, dummy

I'm just saying that when you got so many people who can fly, at least try to abandon ship

Jesus christ you damn fool that is exactly what Cyclops said

in issue one of his new series he took off the helmet and had no clothes on and dropped spaghetti everywhere

Doesn't work that way in Nova. The more likely conclusion is Waid and Ramos are lazy and don't feel like reading anything else with him in it.

>Doesn't work that way in Nova
He learned how to do that in a prior series so at this point the fuck up is actually on whoever's writing Nova m8

depends how far away the nearst land is.

I'm guessing Viv will fly up, see a nearby island, Hulk will swim there with the jet in tow, and we'll get some unga bunga cannibal cult

>unga bunga cannibal cult
that's racist. which fits them being sjw's as they stereotype as hard as Sup Forums does

>Read issue 3
>they left a bunch of Muslim women alone in the middle east after blowing up some terrorists

Those girls are gonna get their heads cut off within the week.

>He learned how to do that in a prior series

Did he?

In the first issue of ANAD he took his helmet off without the suit disappearing, sure, but at the time I think we all assumed that was Waid not caring about how Sam's powers worked and I don't recall any book saying that he learned to do that.

Was consistent with that all through Vol 5. I don't remember him taking his helmet off and keeping the uniform in V6, but I don't remember most of that dumpster fire.
Ramos is a terrible artist, so I find him being lazy much more likely here.

Tyke be like: I am so turned on right now.

Dude you know we don't acknowledge Sean Ryan's era of suffering.

yeah. they said 'call us if something happens' but unless that happens literally next story we have no reason to assume they've not all been massacred along with their entire extended families.

I mean hell, Kamala actually knows a local superhero operating in the middle east and didn't consider notifying him of what had happened.

it's a mutant thing.

Notice that Avenger/SHIELD Quinjet crashes happen significantly more often the more mutants are on the team

It bugs me how Kamela knows all about the ship and what to do to maintain it. I get avengers training but this continues to ruin the armature atmosphere I enjoyed from her main series.

If this book was competently written and Mania was on the team with Hummingbird I could see them having a Raven and Starfire sort of thing going on (I'm basing this mostly off the original Teen Titans cartoon BTW I'm not really sure how they're like in the comics).

Well I think we'll end up seeing someone shirtless this issue.

Bump

I want someone to be shirtless.

six bucks and I'll get shirtless

Go for it.

You've got three relatively smart people on that tub, four actually counting Viv.

Couldn't they figure out to rebuild that thing into a boat

Sure. With tools, material and a dry dock.

Not even The Captain issue?

Depends on how far they are from land. Miles's webbing dissolves after a certain amount of time like Peter's does, right?

>10th
You mean 7th. Or 9th? It's hard to keep track when they're constantly changing up the top 10 list.

Yep. It's Peter's formula so it only lasts one hour.

>A surface-to-air missile (SAM), or ground-to-air missile (GTAM),
Both works, just see the former as American and the later as British.

But to be fair, in that case, he couldn't be walking around in his nova gear either because he was trying to maintain his secret identity.

>I don't remember most of that dumpster fire
Now user, let's be fair, there was one (1) really good issue.

The Captain issue is the exception. That issue was GOAT.

>Kamala actually knows a local superhero operating in the middle east and didn't consider notifying him of what had happened.
That was Pakistan. Pakistan isn't the middle east. It's just south-east asia.

But more to the point, the lesson she learned from meeting him was "don't go into another person's country and think you know what's best because it's always more complicated than you'd think as an outsider." She was literally told "don't go into a foreign country and start superheroing without checking in with locals. Although to be fair, they did check in with the leader of that women's group and followed her lead on it.

She did not know him, though.
She met the guy a few days before and had no idea he was caping.
She just noticed shit blowing up and tried to help, not knowing anything about the situation.

60+ posts and still no #WOKE

You are getting sloppy Sup Forums

>*better
fixed

>SAM. Surface-to-air.
Smart doesn't mean educated. What does Cho know of military weapons terminology?

If your story depends on an easily solvable plot hole then it isn't a very good story, now is it?

Hahahah... like you think they'll let a FUCKING WHITE MALE be the leader of the special snowflake super squad? Get out of here with that.

That's the reason Waid brought him

I thought the ship literally exploded last issue.

So it looks like the black hand isn't Mania's, judging by this preview. Unless she's on a raft or something. Or maybe the Champions come upon a island and she's on it.

>Mania stranded on a deserted island

bump

moon girl is smartest. and riri is smarter than stark. of course now banner, pym, reed are gone, and tony in a coma. but there are 2 beasts

My ex-wife

MICRO AGGRESSION

Obviously Mania has been brainwashed into becoming a pirate and the Champions will face off against her. Can someone draw Mania as a pirate?