So Sup Forums, can we talk about this show...

So Sup Forums, can we talk about this show? Haven't heard of nor watched this show till recently as it turns out it was out since like 2009? 2010 plus? Plus I also learned it was cancelled.

I just found it airing as reruns in Toonami where I live. So how did this cartoon turn out for you guys, or what're thoughts about it?

Was this in Latin American Toonami?

The crossover was pretty sweet.

how did this end anyway?

Rex fixed everything.

Well it was that Rex had some super nano-machine inside him all along that would allow him to fucking control time and space. And also the biggest antagonists of the show was the Illuminati and whatnot.

Rex used the super Nanomachines-son to rewrite the other nano machines that fucked up everyone's biology thus curing everyone. While the Sort of-Illuminati retreats, implying they will return again. But sadly the show got cancelled before there was any further reveal throughout the lore as some geeks pointed out that Rex's brother was also antagonistic and had some secret and nefarious machinations himself.

it was just okay. a lotta smart, a lotta stupid.. plenty cool, plenty lame.. eh..

This desu. Upgrade-Rex was neat

The general concept and story were pretty solid. Humor was atrocious.
Six episodes were the best episodes.
Van Kleiss is best girl.

Yeah its also really surprising how violent and or grim that show was at times. As in there were people who fucking died on screen, not full out gore and violence, but just like that poor bastard at Then again it would mostly happen to faceless, random schmucks.

I should get back to it and finish it. Never liked Ben 10 but I get pretty OCD so the crossover made me table Rex to run through Ben 10. Got most of the way through original Ben 10 but never finished it and never really changed my opinion on it. Then never got back to Rex.

Generator Rex was a bit messy at times, really bad with certain subplots being mishandled or just not consistent, but it was always fun to watch and was entertaining enough to make up for its failings. I really should go back and finish it. Also Van Kleiss is a great villain.

Six was a cool guy. Shame he never got his memories back.

Cool dude, surprisingly massive weaboo.

I never understand why creators choose to go with amnesia storylines for established characters 9 times out of 10. It nearly always seems like a bad decision, is almost certainly going to bother a large portion of the viewership in near every instance and it never really seems to lead to much of a thought out story or character arc either in many cases.

Let me guess, waifus much?

I image they were going to go somewhere with that but then they had to bring the show to an end.

I hated that he got amnesia. I was so hopeful that they would give his memories back right after he lost them, but nope.

The show was pretty good, but the ending was rushed as fuck once MoA learned it was getting cancelled. It's obvious they got caught with their pants down and had to rush storylines they may have had planned to pan out for an entire other season. Doesn't help that CN gave them one last fuck you by never fucking airing the last five episodes, except the only one of them that was filler.

I really wish Rex had been the one to make it big, because I honestly like it's lore, setting, characters and story a hell of a lot more than I do Ben 10's but as it stand, I feel the show was fucked over and couldn't reach its true potential.

I figure they were going to a role reversal thing where Rex has to teach this new Six and it flips their relationship. But I still don't get why they thought that'd be a good idea.
They're basically completely gutting everything about one character, while sort of but not really keeping him around just to effect a really simplistic role reversal.

It must suck being Skalamander. The dude's head is stuck in that weird position.

Providence's troopers had some nice gear.

Generator Rex is a great example of a network killing a show for no other reason than they lost interest in it. They had massive plans for this; from toys all the way to clothing lines. It had solid to great ratings as part of that Friday night action block but got hit with a midseason hiatus that it never recovered from.

Then the toys basically focused on Rex variants with none of the other cast members really being represented no matter how toyetic they were and it spiraled downwards from there.

>Doesn't help that CN gave them one last fuck you by never fucking airing the last five episodes, except the only one of them that was filler.

I thought they burned them off at the 6AM slot all in one week; I'm pretty sure I remember watching them that way.

>I thought they burned them off at the 6AM slot all in one week

They did the same thing to Ben 10. Like the final 30 episodes were burned off at 5am over two months. it's a real shitty way to end things.

van kleiss was worst

The ending was made with 0% effort.

>the consortium aren't some powerful shadow society, but just a bunch of extremely stereotypical (and apparently very stupid) rich folks
>most generic giant robots you can imagine
>of course it was all black knight's keikaku
>of course it was all van kleiss's keikaku
>of course it was all caesar's keikaku
>the ultra super god nanites are actually a single nanite each(!) big enough to be seen (?!) and also apparently they can talk (?!?)
>rex becomes nanite jesus and instantly cures everyone in the world
>breach inexplicably rescues van kleiss because sequel hook

There were some top quality monster waifus in the show.

Also, every chick is into the MC (except two that are twice his age)

Here you go user. HD..

Well in the defense of the development team, the show was to be cancelled, so they did not have enough time to flesh out the rest of the story and decided to wrap it up as best and quick as possible. If the show had not been cancelled, that finale would have been much different and more fleshed out.

Proof?

What the FUCK goes on in CNs scheduling offices?

>Is it Johnny Test/Teen Titans Go?
>No
>Then fuck it.

Yes indeed while like 10 or 20 episodes that where wasted like the Prank episode, or the rock concert episode where all pointless and don't get me started with Six's losing his memory.......what was the point of all that?

>mother fucking johnny test
i was in middle school around the time johnny test was sorta new. as someone who grew up with this show i can honestly say that this show had a downward spiral into a pile of shit. the beginning episodes were it's focused on the Invention Of The Day were pretty good episodic fodder. Sometimes they would reuse inventions in other episodes as well, giving a show that was episodic by nature some continuity. Then it became "lol so random adventures with flash animation" and was official

>Teen Titans go
I've watched it with my little brother while babysitting him, some of the jokes are decent and i appreciate the level of self awareness in the show but the world wouldn't be lossing anything if it suddenly disappear. after all this time we got out the Purgatory of Johnny Test, only to fall into the Dark Ages of Teen Titans Go

>Generator Rex
i remember watching commercials of this showing and how the commercials would say it was made by Man of Action, the makers of Ben10. that alone was enough to get me into it but when i saw it had some of fy favorite things stuffed together (adventure,action,sifi,mutants to beat the shit out of,misunderstood super powered protagonist) i couldn't help but get hyped. to my delight the show was even better than i could have hoped. it had the action&adventure, the drama, the twists and turns The Lore, and most of all, the badass fights. Other stuff happened in my life so i kinda dropped interest in the show but now that enough time has passed i'm gunna try to finish it for real this time :)

We will never ever EVER get best waifu back EVER.

>best waifu
speak for yourself, not all of use like bdsm I personally prefer handjobs and footjobs