The only reason that Steve Trevor isn't more well known as wonder womans love interest is because most writers font...

The only reason that Steve Trevor isn't more well known as wonder womans love interest is because most writers font know what to do with him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PvCKoLRXGj8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most writers don't know what to do with Wonder Woman in general.

>font know what to do with him
Maybe they should use less Comic Sans

He's also shit

You cheeky Lil chit

thats more or less the reason morrison made him black

I feel like Steve is one of those characters who most writers feel is outdated or irrelevant, like Jimmy Olsen or Bucky Barnes (prior to the whole Winter Soldier thing).

I think he can still be a perfectly viable character in Wonder Woman's stories, but that he isn't explicitly needed anymore.

I'd imagine there's a bit of a worry about him overshadowing Diana if you put too much effort into him.

I'm actually fairly sure that's going to happen in the movie, now that I think about it. Because while Chris Pine isn't the best actor he's still better than Gadot.

Turn him into WW bucky

Shadowy anti hero assassin lover with powers

This.
You could develop an interesting dramatic love story about the daily life of a super woman and a regular human and create some sensible aspect like men have feelings too, violence and alcohol. But NO let's turn him into a damsel in distress

>don't know what to do with him
Well, you could make him a member of one of the many special ops groups that deal with metahuman stuff so he can serve the function of being Diana's government contact and the occasional reinforcements. ... Oh wait, that's essentially been his role from day 1.

Pfft, "can't figure out what to do with him", nothing but a weak excuse for laziness.

The Perez Trevor seems to be unpopular on Sup Forums but I still think it made sense. By turning him into a 'big brother' instead of a love interest it kept him in play without making him an obligation.

I know what to do with him

Critics already gave the last issue of Rebirth the lowest scores of the run because it's focused on him

Not that it doesn't deserve lower ratings, but the contrast to ratings of the rest of the issues is clear

>Critics already gave the last issue of Rebirth the lowest scores of the run because it's focused on him
Why? What did he do exactly?

This. I think you could really have fun with it.

You have two very strong, independent individuals, and both are a little bit scared. Because-keeping in with Wondy's origins- love is the ultimate form of submission. You're giving a person power over your heart with the trust they won't abuse it.

Come to think about it Sup Forums; why are there no superheroines in a relationship with an average joe? Why is the reverse overwhelmingly more common?

>like men have feelings too

Just read Spider-Man or the X-Men then.

Whaaaa? It was great

Tfw there will never be a scene in a Justice League movie where the League needs a place to lie low so Wondy suggests they all go back to her place because her husband is cooking dinner and Steve is surprised at all these famous superheroes coming over and he later cooks a greek feast for all of them and gets into a jealous argument with Wondy later in the kitchen.

youtube.com/watch?v=PvCKoLRXGj8

Diana had a nervous breakdown and went into a delusional trance. Steve saved her from Doctor Poison.

I actually prefer that version

I found him to be one of the best things about nu52 Justice League.

It's weird, "Wonder Woman's ex" made the character a lot more 3 dimensional and relatable.

Nice GET.

Knowing comic "critics", they're just upset that a male character saved a female character.

The whole issue is from his perspective

At first I didn't even care that he wasn't a love interest, but he simply was the most boring version ever

The backstory with his mom is nice though

>it's a Sup Forums thinks they can write better than decades of professionals episode
Always amusing.

And they're outraged.

You just described the barn scene in Age of Ultron. Get out of here.

He's also horribly boring.

Bryne had the right idea to make him an old man.

He is simply not interesting. They are trying desperately to coin up names for him like "survivor". Wonder Woman has been useless in her own Rebirth heavily dependent on him. While the other heroes are all doing stuff, she is ending up in a straight jacket simply because Rucka is so spiteful about Azzarello's Wonder Woman. Freaking Wonder Woman is now a lunatic all so Steve could have some relevance. In years to come I see Azzarello's Wonder Woman being looked upon as a great story and Rucka's going the way of all other Wonder Woman stories...just a meh retcon that did nothing creative or brilliant for the character. In all my years of reading Wonder Woman this has to be one of the most dragging, dull, uninspired story I ever read. Rucka is too consumed with arrogance and that self righteous fanboyishness that makes creators blind to the fact that they screwing up the character by trying to diss other writers and artists like Cho and not tell a good story.

Thats one of the few good scenes in that movie. Why is this board so pleb?

that "survivor" shit is annoying

HE'S THE GOLDEN BOY

because too many writers think to write a "strong" woman they all have to be "I don't need no man" type people.

I have this feeling that Steve only really worked when there was Diana Prince
Not only because of the secret ID part, but because a lot of stories were driven by things related to the army or where they worked later.

>this has to be one of the most dragging, dull, uninspired story I ever read.
What, you've never read any of Kanigher's?

I mean, he did a lot of fun stuff, but at least half of his story were
>Steve harassing Diana about marriage
>Rule 63 MonMusu with Birdboy and Merboy

I'm already interested

>writers don't know what to do with a US Army intelligence officer who flies his own plane and is romantically linked with Wonder Woman

How hard is it, honestly? That's plenty of flexibility for using the character, allowing him to go on adventures with Diana as a sidekick when she needs assistance, but also allows for him to be placed out of his depth and work as a damsel in distress to be rescued by her, while also having a valid reason to be placed in mortal danger.