What is your opinion on this show?

What is your opinion on this show?

No, you can't use the word, "Reddit".

Season one was a lot of fun all the way through.
Season two had some enjoyable MOMENTS.
I feel indifferent about Season three.

Great show. I prefer season two over season one.

PLEBBIT

This. Season 1 had some great parodies of sci-fi schlock like the Jurassic Park/Incredible Journey spoof and the Inception/Nightmare on Elm Street one. The nested simulation episode was a genuinely good adventure story. The "nothing matters, come watch TV" scene was a decent bit of substance in a comedy (thought not SO DEEP like some will claim).

I like the treatment of the parents' marriage because it's totally out of place for a sitcom. Their marriage is crap but it's not just a cynical joke.

It's not totally consistent. Jerry is usually more than just sitcom dad but that's what he is in the simulation episode. It also can't seem to decide how much continuity it wants to have because it mocks the idea while using it. It's possible that it's taking advantage of the fashion for continuity in television without actually having a story to tell.

I like it. But like everything show, the fan base can get kind of annoying at times, I remember one time when WatchMojo made a list of the best adult swim shows, 80% of the comments were "WhY ISNt RicK AnD Morty numBEr One ATHF is ShiT" ×1000

I honestly think that the first few episodes of season 2 were better than any of the season one episodes, but then it took a nosedive into "okay."

Season One was a gem of perfection
Season Two had several great moments and fleshed the characters out well, but was lacking in a few parts. I'm getting really fucking tired of Beth and Jerry plots, and Interdimensional Cable 2 was hot garbage.

Curious to see the direction they take it in season three. It'd be interesting to see it take on a slightly more story driven approach, bt that's entirely up to the creative team. One off plots executed well would be just as appreciated so long as they're as brilliant as Total Rickall and Lawnmower Dog.

I like the show a lot, and my unpopular opinion is that S2 and S1 were both equally enjoyable. The stuttering in dialogue between Rick and Morty got very old very fast, the way both of those characters talk is just annoying at best.

Quality show regardless

I like it and I'm really looking forward to season 3

Pretty funny, wish they didnt have shitty drama like the unity episode

to be fair to interdimensinal cable 2 they outright stated in the episode it was pointless
i feel like both interdimensinal cable episodes would have been better if it was a mix of some scripted and some improv scenes instead of all improv

i actually did quite like the plot of cable 2

Agreed. Season 2 at times felt like it needed to have a 50/50 split focus per episode of the parents and Rick and Morty themselves. Like Rick and Morty does a science adventure while the parents or summer does something else. It doesn't need to do it every episode, it didn't do it every episode in season 1. I also hope they will focus more on the comedy.
That being said, i think it's one of the best animated adult series ever made.

The Unity episode was balls because it was JUST a basic drama "Rick can't maintain positive relationships" thing. The fact that his lover is a parasitic hivemind doesn't change the story at all. Where's the sci-fi inventiveness?

I thought it was kinda funny that the flipside was Rick was so destructive he can destroy a sentient hivemind.

And the fact that the sentient hivemind bent on conquering the universe was a victim.

To be fair, WatchMojo is garbage.

Literally Le Reddit: The sho-

...FUCK!

Jackie Ch-

DAMN IT

reminder that Justin goes on Sup Forums and could be watching this thread right now

Wubbalubbadubdubs were had

No I'm not.

I mean. No he isn't. Hah ha.

It would be stupid of m...him to come back here
Hah ha

my grandmother has stage 5 cancer

Is your father married to your step daughter?

only on tuesdays

Hey don't impersonate m- I mean, him. Don't impersonate Justin. That's not cool. It hurts my- HIS... feelings! Yeah.

my grandmother has stage 5 cancer you fuck.

It's not very good. Started watching at the time episode one came out and watched all of season one to see if it would get any better. It didn't.

Tried my hardest to actively enjoy the first few episodes of season two. Also failed.

Really, it's just not a very good show, so much so that I can say without a doubt in my mind that it's less than mediocre. The whole "science!!" type shows have always been this way, to me at least.

Far from AS's best series.

Probably shouldn't have read all those post you made.

Overrated. And I don't really mean that in a bad way.

In Season 1, Rick was practically a mary sue. He was an untouchable character without any visible flaws who always had a solution to everything. Thankfully, Season 2 started to flesh out his character a bit more and give him some flaws, and I hope they continue with that through S3.

The humor is hit and miss, mostly miss. Rick's comedy is mostly him saying "fuck" and "shit" a lot. The alien worlds and culture are all variations of "fleb", "schlee", "plurb", etc. They all sound the same.

However, when the humor hits, it hits good. Season 2's finale set the bar pretty high for S3. I hope they continue with a story-driven plot when that airs.

Then why do it in the first place?

Worst episode was still Get Scwifty in any case

>without any visible flaws
Eh? Rick was clearly flawed, the show made sure you knew just how messed up he was.

Season 1 was legitimately great. Thought it would be the new Futurama.

Season 2 was shit. Their massive burst in popularity seems to have gone to their head, not sure if that's true but that's what it came across as in the writing. They knew they were popular and they knew they were appealing to a crowd. The stories felt kind of aimless, bloated, and unsure of tone. It got too sentimental and kind of lost that hollow, genuinely "nihilistic" tone that the first series had.

Also, I dont see many people talking about Rick Potion number 9. That was a really weird and great ending.

please contribute to discussion.

Really really enjoy it, even though it makes science quite silly and has a lack of a consistent universe.

stoner show stoners can harp isnt a stoner show because the crude humor is lightly masked by 'totally deep depression and shit bruh''