T1 or T2

Which one was better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u3ebTXeD1Rg
youtube.com/watch?v=mCL55ULqo6A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Basically the perfect action film.

T1

Legit horror, cool concept and execution.

this. they're both fantastic for different reasons.

It's a pretty dumb question to be honest user. Despite being sequels it's an apples and oranges comparison.

>Terminator 1
>The Terminator is damaged and wears a pair of sunglasses to hide his inhumanity

>Terminator 2
>The Terminator decides to wear sunglasses at night to look "cool"

This is why T1 > T2

2 but if 1 replaced 2 in my childhood, I'd be saying 1. i'm a nostalgiafag

T2 has too many corny early 90s cliches. 1 is timeless.

T1 no question about it. T2 is just three set pieces conjoined by some of the worst child acting and dialogue in existent when you take the my-pet-terminator nostalgia goggles off.

Every fucking thread

T1 is a very good robot horror film, T2 is the best action film ever created, it's no contest at all.

T2 has groundbreaking liquid metal effects. still doesn't look dated. T1 had stopmotion at end and now it is bit annoying to watch
also, imagine T1 with Lance Henriksen as he was supposed to be before took Arnie

T2 had better special effects, better action, better drama. T1had a more original concept, more dark and gritty. Both are great films but T2 isbetter, I think most people who say T1 is better don't like sequels in general

T1

but fails at being a sci-fi thriller, which 1 captures perfectly

we need more criteria than which is 'better'
they both excel at different things

Both great movies. T2 was better. (just like Aliens was better than Alien' CamerGOAT)

It doesn't fail at being a sci-fi thriller. They spend most of the movie trying to prevent judgement day.

Both are great but nothing is T2 comes remotely close the the absolute masterful kino that is Tech Noir.

are those two sentences supposed to be connected somehow?

I always thought T2 would have been great if it didn't have Arnie or his character in it. When I was a little kid watching it when it came out, even then I thought it was clutching at straws with the story and generally stupid. T1 was like a great horror film with fantastic tension and mood. T2 had some of that but it was a bit over the top for me, I know it comes down to taste but for me T1 is always gonna be better than T2 in fact T1 will always be up there as one of my favorites. T2 to me just comes across as masterfully crafted fan fiction and if you like that or disagree with this point of view then that's fine, I'm just glad we can talk about them.

T1 and T2 spend the same amount of time depicting an alternate future. They are basically the same movie except T2 switches up the protector and has a much larger budget and better acting

people always say T2 had better action but I like the shootouts in 1 more

the club scene followed by that car chase where they shoot shotguns at each other and the police station massacre are better than anything in 2

Both are awesome and both are entirely different kinds of films.

>better acting

You could make that assessment without watching the movie at all
I hate to use such a basic word like 'tone', but this defines one from the other

even just the first appearance of the skynet assasins
the T-800 viscerally murders the punks, we get shots of blood and the lifeless eyes of his victums
the T-1000 quickly stabs an unsuspecting cop
the tones are wildly different and carry on through the movie

I can't really explain it well without breaking down every comparative scene but I hope you understand what I mean

It’s been forever since I watched either movie, but is it explained how Skynet/Conner had time to send the T-1000 and T-800 back for the events of T2? From the story that Reese tells at the police station in T1, Skynet had been defeated by the time he was sent back, and sending Arnie back to ‘84 was a last ditch effort to save itself.

T2 because the son is much more handsome than the father.

T1 was amazing , i remember watching the shit out of it on vhs when i was like 6 or 7. that pipe bomb car chase always stuck with me. never got that feeling with T2 , great film, great effects, but totally different feeling. really is apples to oranges . masterfully crafted fan fiction is a pretty accurate description

Was actually discussing this with myself today.

It does have better acting, despite the larger quantities of melodrama. Everybody is bland and has no strong characterisation in the first film beyond their archetypal roles in the story; a lot of that might have been Cameron's direction of the material at the time, but the actors weren't nearly as interesting the first time around in any case. Joe Morton, Robert Patrick, and really everybody else (yes, including James "The Drug-Addled Lizard" Furlong) give vastly more interesting and humanistic performances than what you see in the first film.

>discussing this with myself today
>myself

if it weren't for Sup Forums i also would have no one to talk to ;_;

You are too beautiful for this world, user.

The original.

Here's the hard truth. Edward Furlong is terrible. That scene where he's trying to teach the Terminator slang is cringe worthy.

Linda Hamilton also delivers some extremely cringe worthy over acting when she's talking about being pregnant and how the scientists will never know how that feels.

Chill out, dickwad

>early draft of T2 had two T-800 terminators, both Arnold
>the good terminator would become more human
>the bad terminator would get more and more fucked up looking

I wonder how that would have turned out

drama queen detected

Triggered by the truth. It hurts, doesn't it?

They're the same movie. Cameron just had more money to spend and Arnold's public image dictated his role the second time around. Still a satisfying sequel as Cameron emphasizing the action and reducing the thriller vibes made them feel different enough.

>I wonder how that would have turned out

they end up hate-raping each other, of course

then ed furlong's character walks in on them, both t2s look at furlong, then look at each other, then smile at each other, then

T1 is a fantastic sci-fi slasher. I fucking love how it took horror conventions and slapped a cyborg instead of a dude with a mask.

T2 is a movie with a lot of heart. It's not just an action thriller, but a really good film about father-son bonding. The good T-800 refusing to listen to John's orders so that it would be destroyed was poignant as fuck. Pinocchio finally cut his strings and chose the life of being a puppet than become something it wasn't meant to be.

>"I know now why you cry...but it's something I can never do..."

Skynet chose to fear humanity and nuked them. The T-800 felt that humanity deserved a chance and sacrificed itself.

Honestly, it's too close to call. Both movies should be treated as 1 whole story; the first being about the terrors of technology and trying to save the future while the 2nd is about what it means to be human and how fate can be averted.

my brain says T1 but my heart says T2

His is one of the few child performances I can watch without cringing.

He's absolutely brilliant in it.

>implying it's truth
>implying one can be triggered by drama queen opinions

calm down girl, take a deep breath and please kindly kys

its not even in the top 20

The shot of the T1000 coming out of the truck fire has aged far worse than the stopmotion from the first film

>an old frail skinny guy instead of Based 80's Arnie

this is why Arnold>Lance

Theres isnt inheritently anything wrong with the slang scene, I suspect you dislike it because you were born in 1998. The whole mother shit was try hard but not cringe

I saw the T2 4K3D rerelease and I will back up what both of you are saying about the effects. Honestly I don't think we will ever have better special effects than this, it looked better than any marvel-tier high end CGI I've ever seen on the big screen and it's a fucking 20 year old movie. If you don't think that's amazing get the fuck out my face.

>as horror movies
T1 > T2

>as action movies
T2 > T1

>as kino
T1 > T2 > TSCC > T3 > Salvation > Genisys

It'd be a study of how the good T-800 developed heart; something the bad one could never contemplate.

The evil T-800 is just like its counterpart from the 1st film; an unstoppable killing machine. Like Kyle said, it will NEVER give up because that's what it was programmed to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=u3ebTXeD1Rg

The heroic T-800 is just as relentless as the bad one, but it chooses to fight on because it now has the sentience to do so. That sort of conviction to protect John strengthens the Terminator because it will do whatever it can do to defend.

youtube.com/watch?v=mCL55ULqo6A

The reboot scene alone proves that the good Terminator has as much heart as any blood-pumping human. Even with its flesh being torn and/or burned, there is a silicon soul within that shell compared to the cold unfeeling nature of the bad Terminator. Skynet failed to kill Sarah because Kyle never gave up and sacrificed his life. Sarah was strengthened from her love and experience with Reese and terminated the evil T-800. T2 Arnold proved to be a worthy successor to Kyle because of the same resolve to protect. And that is why Skynight can never win because it doesn't understand the human factor.

>as kino

[T1 > T2]

Trying way too hard. Definitely triggered.

Triggered millenial.

don't be so triggerd butthurt, dude. calm down. let me sing you a soothing song. soothing song is in pic related.

Yep, definitely triggered.

This flicks are overated just like Star Wars.
Fight me.

why you so triggered angry?

I love both equally.
I also love the first two "Alien" movies equally.
People often try to get a favourite out of me but I can literally love two things equally for different reasons. Like my two cats - the fuckers have two completely different personalities and probably don't love me back equally, but I do. I also love my brother and sister equally and my parental units as well. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, my point is, OP is a faggot and both movies are great.

>equally loving movie and sequel
>in Sup Forums

GET OUT GET OUT RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I also love my brother

are you young and handsome? is your brother younger and handsome? do you and your brother do ... stuff?

When I was a kid, it was T2 easily, but then I grew up, became pretentious, and favored T1 because, hey, it didn't have those broad Hollywood touches and cheap emotions. Then I grew a little older, and I'm back to preferring T2.

T1 is a great little film, and for what it is, it's one of the best. T2 on the other hand is just a great, huge action blockbuster. And it might just be the best of its kind.
Name movies you like so we can make fun of you.