It's a Sokka becomes a master swordsman in one afternoon episode

>it's a Sokka becomes a master swordsman in one afternoon episode

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/RemasteringATLA/comments/5hr9w2/atla_remastered_in_1080p/
reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/comments/5hv4en/no_spoilers_atla_remastered_in_1080p_completed/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it's a Sokka is the only one other than Aang that's dead and is ignored for most of Korra episode

I was under the impression that it was like 3-7 days, either way I agree with you it did seem like a short amount of time for any meaningful progress in swordsmanship to have been made.

>it's a Sokka's the best character by far but gets shit on by faggot benders left and right episode

>it's a Sokka is the only pragmatic one in the group and get scoff at for being rational episode

>A fucking meteorite falls just at the right time and place for Sokka to get his edgy black sword.

Considering Fire Nation thought the Avatar died. I thought it was a few weeks or so, I mean, they weren't in rush or anything to travel.

Well, every Fire Nation aside from Azula, Zuko, and Sokka's Master.

>"You must of your weapon as an other part of your body"
>"Like a second head?!"

I kek every time

>weren't in a rush or anything to travel
You forget about that comet?

Well, he was already pretty familiar with fighting in the first place.
Meteor swords happened in real life, Sokka just won the cosmic lottery.

they openly said they sorta gave up on beating the comet and there was no point since the Fire Nation took the Earth Capitol.
Only in name. He was a mediocre swordsman still but Master paisho liked his moxie and taught him to embrace his leadership qualities.

To be honest, it would have been forced if the meteor fell while he was wondering what metal he should use for his sword.
The way it happened, right at the beginning, makes it more like Sokka taking advantage of his surroundings.

>A fucking comet flies just at the right time and place for Ozai to kill all the airbenders

To be fair, he did nothing with it and he would have gotten killed by Piandao if he had been serious.

Katara on the other hand, learned bloodbending in a day and managed to beat the person that invented it.

Y u do dis user

I guess they made the timeline just ambiguous enough in order to justify Sokka becoming a competent fighter.

Well, I guess I just assumed he they did it during the comet. There was no explanation as to how firebenders were able to reach the air nomads, since you need to fly up in order to get to some places.

>tfw you never know if he got with Suki

>Sokka lost his space sword forever

>sokka barely used his space sword in the first place
>his swordsmanship is never brought up again

yeah, in a kid's show as soon as a character switches to a more lethal weapon they instantly become way less used

>Toph's parents stole Sokka's pet hawk

>they openly said they sorta gave up on beating the comet and there was no point since the Fire Nation took the Earth Capitol.

Correct user. They only get their asses back in gear once they learn what Ozai is planning to do with the Comet power and that doesn't happen till near the end of the season.

They didn't shit on him. Sokka was experiencing self-loathing in that episode because he felt worthless among benders, not because Aang or Katara were picking on him. Toph throws some banter his way but he seemed to take it okay.

It's also a great line that reinforces Sokka's character as an out-of-box thinker. Most people would think to say the sword is an extension of their arm because that's what they use to fight whereas Sokka likes using his brain to fight.

This show really did have some nice layers that were fun to peel back and analyze. I really wish Aaron had came back for Korra.

AND his boomerang.
"Boomerang! You do always come back!" and much later "I don't think Boomerang is coming back," makes me feel melancholy every time.

Yeah but who did Sokka fuck?

the moon

Except it didn't take an afternoon.

He had to smelt his own sword and that took like 4 days, and before that he was still training. He wasn't even any where near master level at all any way. He just did enough to impress the guy training him.

>finally get a gf
>she turns into the fucking moon just as your relationship was taking off
Poor Sokka.

>That's rough, buddy.

I can't believe I forgot that scene.

>implying Sokka and Zuko didn't go on an epic seven year quest to search for the Space Sword.

>It's a Robert Patrick does an insanely bad job as guest star episode

seriously it was the cheesiest, strangest vocal choice I've ever heard him make

I'd watch it.

Why the fuck did the comics waste time on stupid shit instead of just having the grown up Gaang go on stupid fun adventures?

Why did he just learn to bend?

According to Bryke it's a spirituality thing, if you don't have the right nature for it you can't learn it

It's got to be part genetic too, else what was stopping any of the air acolytes from turning into airbenders?

>be air acolyte
>willingly devote your life to studying, living, and respecting a dead culture
>spirit shit happens that grants nonbenders air powers
>you don't get any
>but a bunch of nobodies who know nothing about the culture and most of whom want nothing to do with it and only join out of self-preservation do
>with actual airbenders now existing your role becomes moot

How many airaboos killed themselves that day?

I really wish Sokka got to take down a big bad. Stopping the air fleet was fine and all, but I wanted one example of Sokka just beating a powerful bender by out thinking them.

Well he did take out Sparky Sparky Boom Boom

Combustion Man qualifies. The combined efforts of Aang, Toph, Zuko, and Katara couldn't beat the guy.
He also took out the giant owl with a dive bomb book slam to the head.

Just as a fun fact, a sword made of meteorite would almost inevitably be much shittier, weaker and more brittle than one made from terrestrial steel.

>Steel
Stop reading at that

>stopped reading at the last word

Eh, dying of syphilis from the 20 bitches constantly on your dick isn't a bad way to go out.

it happens

I know Sup Forums is full of retards but come on.
Sokka-era avatarverse doesn't have steel, that's Korra-era shit,

They age up a little with each volume, we just might see it happen.

RIP Space Sword

"'F'"

It was Sozin that killed the airbenders you schmuck

F

Fuck, should I rewatch it?

I remember I watched it actually in high school. When I am anxious about exams I always get productive about cartoons and comics.

I thought I deadly missed out on that cartoon when I could've been watching it in middle school.

>Still gets his ass handed to him by Zuko in swordfights.

He was never a master swordsman. He was just a good fighter who got better at using a sword. Zuko shat all over him.

Maybe in real life, but not in Avatar world where comets (which are made of ice) power up firebenders.

>Fuck, should I rewatch it?
Yes.

And if you're interested, some fans recently did a 1080p remaster of the show.

Some episodes(1-4, 9-25) have problems currently due to shitty DVD sources but those will be replaced eventually(they got a better quality source) and the vast majority of the show looks great.

reddit.com/r/RemasteringATLA/comments/5hr9w2/atla_remastered_in_1080p/

reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/comments/5hv4en/no_spoilers_atla_remastered_in_1080p_completed/

Learn to make .webms senpai.

Might be more effective than taking dozens of screenshots.

The point of the acolytes is to pad out the population until the Air Nomads get back to how they once were (ie. 100% benders).

Been rewatching the show recently, and while some of the early animation is lower quality, it holds up much better than expected.

At least one windaboo became an airbender.

To be fair the woman was pretty old and spent most of the night bending.

Or Toph just found it after like an afternoon of looking.

The ancient Romans had steel you buffoon

I'll be making webms too(I've already made plenty for other shows and for movies), but screenshots are a decent way to show quality

>Be female acolyte
>Spend life dedicated to the upkeep of Nomad history
>Be only one in group who doesn't get airbending
>Become breeding cow for repopulation
>Thanks Korra

>three years

It was barely one

Can't be much different from being a converted Jewish but not actually being of the blood of Abraham. Though it would be interesting if they instituted breeding programs and excluded acolytes from interacting with the new benders

>They didn't have steel
>the engines and ships were made of wrought or cast iron
>the giant drill wasn't at least carbide
What the fuck am I reading.

He was banished 3 years before the start of the show

You just take the covenant and you're considered a Jewish, m8.

only two years before the show, the show up to the point of zuko turning sides is almost another year

And it only took getting his girlfriend's head watermeloned before he was actually content with it.

3rd year anniversary was S2E1

Didn't he start out as a decent warrior and kept improving as the show went on, making a jump in improvement when someone new shows him something not entirely unreasonable?

So I just finished Korra and fucking christ that was AWFUL. The first 2 books are meh-kinda good, and have little ''good'' scenes, but beyond the book 3, what a fucking shit fest

Ser Sokka Dayne

But he wasn't even close to a master swordsman.

for all they knew that hawk belonged to guy their daughter ran away with so theyd treat it like a family pet

>they never even wrote back
Man, Toph's parents are dicks.

You're getting your windaboos mixed up.

Oh, right, I was totally thinking of Zaheer.

What?

>zuko gets his head sliced off

she deserved better.

she deserved my OC

Only thing she deserves is a horrible death for being the worst character on the show

Jet

Yang pls go. Nobody cares about Kei Lo.

Scrapper detected. Abandon thread.
>inb4 I'm not Scrapper

Mai made the right choice when it really counted. Don't hate her.

>mfw jet was so irrelevant they made a joke about his death

>for all they knew that hawk belonged to guy their daughter ran away with
>the hawk belonged to sokka
>toph ran away with sokka
>toph and sokka eloped
I never knew I needed this, thanks user

Oh. When you said watermelon, I thought you meant this character.

But it looks cool

>ozai a 35yo
>alive and well 85 years before his birth

>Toph rooting for Zuko
Tokkafags BTFO again

Phoenix King Ozai is such a badass he can kill you before he's even been born. Makes sense.

>it's a Toph invents an entire sub-element of bending in an hour episode
Oh, but it's okay when a caster does it!