Childhood is agreeing with Joe, Nice Guy Eddie, Mr. Blue and Mr. White about tipping

Childhood is agreeing with Joe, Nice Guy Eddie, Mr. Blue and Mr. White about tipping

Adulthood is realising Mr. Pink makes more sense.

Nailed it OP.
Honestly I got pissed the first time I seen this and thought Mr. Pink was just trying to be a contentious dick on purpose for no reason but movie filler. Joe was doing the right thing.

I just rewatched this movie a while ago and it made me stop and think, wait a minute he's not wrong though.

The thing that really freaking urks me about the whole argument though is when people say you're costing the waiter money. I'm not costing them money, they're getting paid to do it. Your bottom line of needing the tips isn't me costing you money if I didn't tip. They get paid whether someone walks in to buy or not like that entire argument is someone kind of pissed off they'd have to do something if someone walked in rather than not, but they try to frame it like it's costing them money when it's the other way around. If I honestly had a waiter or waitress tell me that argument to my face or if I over heard them say it I would never tip them again.

LARRY STOP POINTING THAT FUCKIN GUN AT MY DAD!!!!

Adulthood is understanding that it's the bosses and the regulators who are doing something wrong, and so tipping anyway. If EVERYONE was well paid, EVERYONE would tip, and NOBODY would need a tip to eat food that week.

Yes he made more sense.
But he didn't even paid for his food and the guy actually paying, Joe, wanted them to tip so you tip then you can say what you think about tips.

Actually, real Adulthood is recognizing that restaurants are scams and you should neither tip, nor go to them. However, if you do go them, you're probably going to go with other people, who will probably make a fighting with you and eventually stop being your friends if you don't tip, so adulthood is also paying tip when you go out, so no, Mr. Pink was a faggot, alright.

agree, people only care about themselves, shy should i care about other people?

I used to deliver pizzas and there was one guy I had to deliver to at least 2 or 3 times who lived in one of our farthest delivery points. He would never tip me and I think he was kind of smug about it. I'm only just now being reminded of it and I regret not spitting or putting some shit or something in his food.

jokes on you i stopped tipping because i assumed you do that anyway

in us you gotta tip because they fuck waitresses by giving them low salaries, because they get tipped

this should change its stupid. start giving a fuck about anything other than yourself and killing niggers/jews yanks

Childhood is sympathizing with the waiter
Adulthood is realizing he was a rude greedy cunt

>Insulting two angry mobsters and demanding money from them when they are already loudly arguing about money when you have a medical condition
That waiter was fucking retarded

>Your bottom line of needing the tips isn't me costing you money if I didn't tip. They get paid whether someone walks in to buy or not like that entire argument is someone kind of pissed off they'd have to do something if someone walked in rather than not, but they try to frame it like it's costing them money when it's the other way around. If I honestly had a waiter or waitress tell me that argument to my face or if I over heard them say it I would never tip them again.
holy fuck learn how to structure your sentences
also it's "irks"

That waiter was retarded. You have to expect getting stiffed every now and then. Also it was blatantly obvious they were criminals since they were all eating at a fancy ass restaurant and clearly not businessmen or lawyers.

If you don't tip don't expect good service. If you're picky and demanding expect bad service and human fluids in your foods and beverages.

We get paid to bring you your food.

Friend of mine used to tip often but stopped when out of her delivery, a plastic fork and some pastas were dubiously missing

Funny how that works huh

Woah, you have to CARRY the food to the table? Gee, yeah, it should be a law to tip.

there are countries in the world where there's no such thing as the tipping culture because we pay service staff a livable wage. tips are just a jewish conspiracy so their pay doesn't have to come out their profits.

The only time I regularly tip is like once a month at a chinese take out place I pick up dinner from a couple times a month. I let them see me put a dollar in the tip jar and they stack the shit out of my plat with food

I'm already paying for service when I buy a $30 steak. Not my fault or my problem you dropped out of College and now feel you have to take it out on 'the big man' who works for 50 hours a week and has no time to cook his own food.

Daily reminder that if I had the option of carrying the plate myself and getting my own refills I would. Hell at least then I wouldn't be dying of thirst everytime I needed a refill.
Literally anyone can carry a plate, and most people would have no problem doing it themselves if the restaurant just called you when your order was ready, most people are already used to this from fast food places anyway

Serious question. Have you ever tipped at a buffet? If you have you are completely retarded and should kill yourself immediately.

t.former buffet worker

*bang* *bang* *bang* *bang*

>I'm special because I take orders and carry plates back and forth
>I'm special because I pour beer out of a tap or mix rum and coke in a glass
This is why I rarely way out or go to bars at all. The grillslave at McDonald's or the shipping guy at Wal-Mart do harder work than you animals and you are still haughty as all fuck.

You tip for service. If you're serving yourself, then there's no one to tip.
And no, refilling your drink doesn't count.

Actually what servers don't want you to know is that it's not like this in every state. For example here in California waiters get paid $9 an hour starting PLUS tips. Of course they'll never tell you this when they serve you though, and still act like entitled children when they don't get tipped

>That waiter was retarded.
This applies to a lot of people on the show who very conveniently and contrivedly idiotic with how they dealt with various mobsters.

Like 90%+ of tables gave tips even though they most likely would have preferred refilling their drinks on their own. Americans are that fucking brainwashed about tipping.

Hell the only "tip" I wanted was getting all the leftover food at the end of the buffet. Yet they still kept throwing their money away. Tipping is a scam. Make no bones about it.

Can someone explain to me the role of this scene in the context of the movie?

I mean, its a fun bit, and it gives you a slight impression of the characters (mostly Mr. Pink). But what does it add to the narrative?

I feel like its filler, just crammed in to extend the runtime to feature length.

desu if Tarantino got into short films he would be really really effective

Banter is the fastest and most effective way to get to know the characters and give them some life, I am actually surprised not many movies do this

>Can someone explain to me the role of this scene in the context of the movie?
I'm sure some people could come up with some pretentious reason why it's there, but the reason is that it's entertaining, Tarantino wanted to self-insert with his theory behind Like a Virgin, and it does reveal a little bit about the personalities of the heist members, but no, it doesn't add anything to the plot, as it could easily be removed and nothing would in the film would fail to be understood.

My father's in his sixties and he's tipped every waiter, bellhop, and barber he's had for at least forty years. I told him he probably could have bought a vacation or a sports car with all the money he's pissed away on tips. He looked at me like he hadn't even fucking considered this.

I was with some spergs who did this and I refused. The guy was ecstatic cause it was like 12 of us and they all left decent tips. I was like "it's a buffet lol, he brought us a round of water!" Fucking socially awkward people are socially retarded.

>be me
>go downtown for a concert
>get there early to go hang out before the show
>stop by a bodega to get something to drink
>there's a tip jar next to the register
>not a penny jar
>or for charity
>it says TIPS in bright pink letters
>took 15 minutes to check out 3 people with 5 items between us

this is why I only tip at restaurants I go to frequently

>Can someone explain to me the role of this scene in the context of the movie?
Its the opening scene of the movie. It's establishing the tone. It's a group of wiseguys having complete nonsequitur conversations.
It introduces all of the characters out of context, so when it goes back to them later you know a little about them without knowing what they're all doing.

What an amazing story. How did you get ready that morning? Did you take a normal amount of bowl movements? Please give me every detail

I was a good guy though.

The whole payment situation for waiters in the US is fucked. They should be paid at least minimum wage and we shouldn't have to tip them to do their job.

Honestly though, waiters are obsolete, either robots or people just using a computer to order and then walk to pick up their food could easily replace them.

why don't you tell us what REALLY happened

As a brit who loves murica I have to say this is the one time where Americans look like morons, tipping is and always will be, dumb.

>carrying plates and filling my drink exactly once
I should be on my knees begging you to take a tip for your sub-par service

fuck off