How did exactly the Omega Lantern ring worked? Wasn't it supposed to explode in the hands of the Viceroy...

How did exactly the Omega Lantern ring worked? Wasn't it supposed to explode in the hands of the Viceroy? Instead it came back to Kyle and transformed it into the Omega Lantern.

Also, isn't the ability to control the entire spectrum pretty much the same as the Phantom Ring from the latest Green Lanterns arc?

or when kyle was a white lantern

Why does DC have 6 Green Lanterns from Earth?

Isn't it supposed to be one per sector?

You should probably read the comic and find out.

Earth is special

I did. That's why I'm asking. The ring was supposed to explode but instead it gave Kyle a bullshit shonen powerup.

>speed reading
There's no "Omega Lantern Ring" it was just Kyle's regular white lantern ring rigged with an explosive.
Go reread it properly this time.

I feel like green lantern is stuck in this constantly repeating rainbow space cop cycle where it's just lantern corps fighting lantern corps switching lantern corps etc etc and it's gone on like 8 years longer than it should have.

>The ring was supposed to explode but instead it gave Kyle a bullshit shonen powerup.
In Omega Men? What? Kyle is weaker than ever in that comic.

Omega Men has nothing to do with that.

>Also, isn't the ability to control the entire spectrum pretty much the same as the Phantom Ring from the latest Green Lanterns arc?
Kyle had to master each emotion in order to become a White Lantern. Any random person could wield the Phantom Ring, which is what we're seeing in Green Lanterns.

There is no "Omega Lantern ring", you complete idiot.

Kyle's gave up his own ring at the start of the comic because Lanterns aren't allowed in that sector of space, and when he got it back he just got his lantern powers back, he didn't get a power up at all.

how many times can Kyle be space jesus?

Two per sector now.
Last I checked, Guy is a Red Lantern, Kyle is White, Hal is leading the Corps, and John is... in space.
So Jessica and Simon are the GLs of Earth.

Sounds like it's been a while since you checked.

He's more space Barabbas here.

>removing the paneling
>asking questions that are answered in the comic itself
Leave and never come back

>rigged with an explosive.

Aha, then why didn't it explode?

But why did that happen? Why didn't the ring explode? Everyone just keeps me calling an idiot like idiots, but no one seems to know the answer to this.

Why would it explode?

You're a bit behind

Right now John is leading the GLC, Guy is green again, Kyle is still white but likely going green again in the near future, Simon and Jessica are Earth's lanterns and have yet to do much in space, and Hal split from the Corps and has been turning into pure willpower

Because it was rigged with an explosive. They said it so in the fucking comic, which you people are spouting like idiots I didn't read. It seems to me that YOU didn't read the comic.

KYLE was the bomb, they didn't literally rig his ring

Okay but why would a bomb work on a Lantern?

The Omega Men wanted Kyle to make his ring explode, there was no implant, Kyle didn't make it explode.

Kyle didn't have an explosive, the thing they put in him was just a tracker.

Did you read the comic user?

Yes, they wanted him to use his powers and referred to him as the bomb

His ring did not have a separate bomb in it

>Hal split from the Corps and has been turning into pure willpower
Is he going to become one with the Willforce?

Yes, he did for a few moments. Even met Abin Sur again.

Baz was brought in on a fluke
Scared-girl was brought in specifically after her soiree with the power ring
Kyle was specifically chose by Ganthet
So only 3 green lanterns were really chosen traditionally

Probably

He already blew himself up and went to GL heaven

Is this still canon?

What a stupid thing to write.

Yes although GLC retconned it to John accidentally arming a bomb instead of charging in unprepared like a retard

Honor Lanterns float and don't have an assigned sector / can be from any sector.

Prior to Rebirth, 2 of the 12 (?) Honor Lanterns were from Earth -- Hal and Guy. Kyle and John were the active lanterns for Sector 2814.

Now...? Who the fugg knows.