Is this good?

is this good?

no

yes

maybe

I don't know

I gets progressively worse

television never recovered from this horrible show

Wow quality posts. I share this forum with absolute retards.

You have to go back.

No, but the soundtrack is kino. The first two seasons start out great. 3 is alright too, but it becomes increasingly clear that the writers have no idea what the ending is going to be and they're just making shit up along the way all the while making every episode a cliffhanger to keep people coming back for more. It was a pretty revolutionary television series with its "flashbacks" formula, but at the end of the day, it's just not a good show because J.J Abrams is a fuckin hack and the show isn't even half as smart as it tries to be.

But listen to the soundtracks, they are the best things about the series.

i enjoyed it
but then again i only like him and despised other main characters
instantly got bored when he died was secretly hoping he really was resurrected

I enjoyed the first 3 seasons. Then I got bored of it.

How could you get bored watching it with Sup Forums? Best threads this place ever had.

the first 3 seasons are pretty good but it goes downhill super fast. i wouldn't even bother starting it honestly, i quit after s4. started to be super trash.

It's the last truly great network television show. The first three seasons are really good.

>black guy didn't raise his kid and acts like a total nigger
>gook man is a fisher and know kung fu
>gook woman has a zen garden and has no soul
>arab guy is a war criminal and dies in a suicide bombing
>mexican guy is a superstitious fat fuck who thinks he speaks with dead people

how did they get away with this?

yes, but like most other good shows, the Merchant got his hands on it and stretched it out

should've been 3 seasons, tops

/thread

j j abrams only directed the pilot episode of Lost

this. it's all over now.

It's still one of my favorite shows, but there is nothing like watching it on a weekly basis. The theories were half the fun of it and I pity people that marathon the whole thing. Can't imagine even liking it very much that way.

>I don't like this, so I better blame the jooz

Great characters, awful plot in general, don't expect a closure that answer anything just enjoy the ride.

Promotes incest

Promotes degeneracy

Attacks Christmas and Christian values

We are living in an era where this post could be sincere

Yes its a very good show, people who talk shit about literally don't get what its about or even who made it, like this guy JJ Abrams only did the pilot and he was one of the producers in the first season, not even one of the showrunners, and that was it

Michael Giacchino is a demi god tier composer.

He is legit the only composer that has the potential to ascend to elder god tier with Morricone and Williams but he hasn't given us an iconic score yet. His medal of Honor Frontline soundtrack is currently the best musical suite he has ever produced despite finally wining the oscar for UP

S5 was the best

it's a must watch tv show

Yeah, it ran out of 'original story' 3 - 4 seasons in and then they added all this new shit with weird characters to fill 44 minutes. That said there are a lot of good moments in the later seasons, just a lot of unnecessary drivel.

They should make a DVD where it cuts out all unnecessary content, but still keeps the stuff about Jack leaving the island and Locke losing his faith.

forget African man is violent gangster who literally becomes magical Negro

this, at least half the fun was the in-between time, reading theories, sharing screenshots, finding hidden clues, creating memes, laughing at verticals, and trying to predict what would come next

No other show ever came close to this experience, although there are better shows overall.

One of the best shows ever. Peaks in Season 5 when shit gets really weird, trails off in Season 6 when it becoems obvious they have no idea how the fuck to give a satisfactory explanation for all the loose ends and instead hide behind "Uhhhh it was a character study, you're not supposed to care about the mysteries :^)" excuse

kek

For sure worth watching

It dips in quality but the later seasons start giving some answers so definitely stick with it

This. you should still watch it OP but bear in mind that you will be missing out by having not watched it as it aired

>Sup Forums - L O S T
Never forget

Might as well dump a few

Fuck I haven't looked through my Lost folder in ages. The memories ;-;

Great show. Highly recommend you watch it with friends who haven't seen it either.

There's literally no other series that's more un-rewatchable. If you take notes on all the dropped plot points you'll hit page 2 by the end of fourth episode.

First time watch though is probably nowhere near the same experience as when there was an entire forum and viewership constantly offering theories and explanations.

no and yes. as a sci-fi show, no. as a soap opera, yes. it's not about the island and the mystery. it's about the characters and their relationships.

>it's about the characters and their relationships
BOOOOOHOOOOOOO

I wish I kept that tweet JJ made to Lendelof after the end episode. Something like 'I hate you so so much right now'.

Part 1

yes, it sucks for sci-fi fans. but soapie fangirls love it.

WAAAAAAAALT

>it's about the characters and their relationships.
Give me a fucking break. No-one, and I mean NO-ONE talked about the characters and their relationships. They talked about the mysteries involving the characters, including their pasts and how they relate to one another (What is the nature of the feud between Ben and Widmore for example), but fucking no-one was talking about how interesting Jacks characterization was when the series was airing.

Stop pushing this post hoc excuse for why the ending was so unsatisfying.

and I'll have a chinchilla!

Yeah it's pretty good.

The complainers are people who wanted some reddity, scientific, 'logical' explanation from it, even though it's a show built on the idea of mystery.

Back to the...

Past, to play the shitty games that suck ass...

I think people wanted something besides the whole purgatory ending.

> Not penis boat.

Not really. Just a satisfying explanation for why the characters went through absolute hell over the course of the series. I mean the show wasn't subtle, it continually reinforced the idea that there was a reason they all had to be there over and over, and in the end it really wasn't anything important at all. It was just Jacob fucking around, and oh yeah Jacob has no idea why he was doing any of that shit either. It was all completely pointless.

Why does there have to be a point that would make sense to mortals?

Weird entities doing shit to each other is a compelling and fitting enough kind of logic underlying dynamic of the show and its whole mood. Who says we would understand them or their intentions?

WHAT THE FUCK why did you have to spoil it for me FAGGOT

I liked Mr. Echo the best.

>directors cut
perfect

mmm... very lovecraftian

he even used spoiler tags, here's your (you)

Yes it was. Sup Forums will never be as good as it was when this show was on.

You mean... like actual reality?

Perfection

Lapidus was objectively the best character in the show.

i'm not referring to fans. i'm referring to writers of the show. when it became obvious that they can't deliver as a story-driven sci-fi show, the creators/producers/writers started backpedalling and claiming that it's not about the mystery it's about the characters and their relationships. it's with lost that i first encountered the "it's all about the characters' journey and development" excuse.

yes, as a chick show relationship drama it is good. as a sci-fi show, it's an epic failure.

First 2 seasons are great, but it goes downhill from there as it just keeps layering mysteries upon mysteris. Had they started aiming to end on season 3, it might have been one of the best series ever made. Now it is just a tangled mess with tacked on resolution that bluntly says that nothing of it mattered.

>Shannon
>low tier

i am angry

Yeah he was fucking great.

This is the correct answer OP. Watch the first 2-3 seasons then stop as it turns into a horrible waste of time.

best girl

>Watch the first 2-3 seasons then stop
Why yes, that's very fullfilling.
>And everyone (still alive, pfffthtihih) lived happily ever after

still makes me mad
fuck the writers
don't trust anyone who says "yes"