F13 4>3>2>5>6>7>1>9>8>Jason x

Anoes
1>3>2>4>new nightmare>5>6

Halloween
1>2>4>3>5>6>7>8

Scream
1=2>4>.....3

Englund pushing for Kevin bacon to play freddy

google.com/amp/s/www.avclub.com/robert-englund-dreams-of-making-kevin-bacon-the-new-fre-1818972097/amp

Canceled f13 sequel would have killed off Jason vorhees characther movieweb.com/friday-the-13th-reboot-title-camp-blood-death-jason/

Today's topic of discussion is to name your favorite non slasher scary movie. I know it's hard lol
Mine is the monster squad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iMP42SoWajQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WSyUHFfO3EM
youtube.com/watch?v=Bjbl2nLKp_0
youtu.be/T3QRQGgkIWc
youtu.be/m3YMMl1az6o
youtube.com/watch?v=Ktgzs_E7-s4&t=4s
youtu.be/vsB5fYKddp0
youtube.com/watch?v=Fu0Nmr9OyEk
youtube.com/watch?v=PMFOGrkfV_g
youtube.com/watch?v=z0-L2rghcb8
youtube.com/watch?v=39szQy3TcH4
youtube.com/watch?v=TchMJe9yCks
youtube.com/watch?v=AIaUlESTPBo
youtu.be/4VkxqMQvoI4
youtube.com/watch?v=1lvGCt0PmhM
youtube.com/watch?v=LCEFIw4mlZc
youtube.com/watch?v=GfSq1nXmSiM
youtube.com/watch?v=IuY7GsM6tvE
youtube.com/watch?v=MY71YCFAQjU
youtube.com/watch?v=YRUB5taG3xw
youtube.com/watch?v=HltchTPbH5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=DQht2S9qSvg
youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw
youtube.com/watch?v=xvkx4JFt74o
youtube.com/watch?v=B9N2HJWAyiE
youtube.com/watch?v=F3J0iwwsq-w
youtube.com/watch?v=NwoFMZQBsb8
youtube.com/watch?v=To3wUDk-FNY
youtube.com/watch?v=NHLQLkFU-pE
youtube.com/watch?v=x2tXuoiSM9o
youtube.com/watch?v=OlhN4JqQFEo
youtube.com/watch?v=E6P4iatMl7M
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4491861
youtube.com/watch?v=WJGhCgC91aM
youtube.com/watch?v=ezn4xTzgSjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You type like a faggot or a woman but I'll bump your gay ass thread by saying Trick r Treat was great.

Thank you. I'll have to check that one out.

Watched Eden Lake the other day.

Was bretty gud although the increasingly off the wall and cartoonish arsenal of random teenagers in the woods sort of got silly.

How long until rob zombie is pulled into all these Weinstein allegations

what is the best song written for a horror movie and why is it Killer Klowns from Outer Space?

That was a good movie

Completely unnecessary remake but I enjoyed it. If I didn't like the original as much I probably would have liked it less.

way to fuck up the title

anyway, what are some spooky movies featuring jinns?

Lights out kinda. Its one hell of a niche.

Wishmaster

>keep meaning to watch Horror movies I have downloaded
>forget to/get sidetracked

this always happens to me with horror movies. i pretend to like horror movies but i never watch them. don't even know why i'm in this thread.

Fuck you I liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=WSyUHFfO3EM

Why would a person pretend to like horror flicks(joints)?

Here's a picture I started but never finished. I have the full catalogue that I usually go through around this time, maybe I'll finish it when its fresh.

How is 6 so low and below 3?

I think the Hammer Mummy movie is the best Mummy movie there is

kill list
martyrs
30 days of night
28 days(weeks) later
high tension
Inside (À l'intérieur)
the perfect host
rec

What's some creepy/unsettling/subtle horror movies that aren't filled with jump/audio scares? Maybe something comfy, latest horror movie I enjoyed was Return of the Living Dead but i'm not sure if that counts

>7 Golden Vampires as its own tier

There's no other way you can rank that movie. I have seen it a dozen times and still don't know what to think of it other than it exists.

Which franchise

Repulsion
Rosemary's Baby
The Changeling

my fave non-slasher scary movie is probably The Thing and if that's not non-slasher enough then probably The VVitch

Agreed but that's not high praise

Zombie fucked Weistein so his wife can appear in all his movies?

Underrated post

Even though I like 2 best because of those nostalgia jerks to Terry's lake dip, this is the best F13 ranking I've seen on here.

lol when the fuck did they remake this? I've heard absolutely nothing about it. I also like the original because of how strange it is in many ways, despite outwardly being such a stupid teen horror movie. it even had music by Angelo Badalmenti.

>not having a polished rifle for niggers

Night of the Comet. It shares the sort of comedic tone that Return has.

House at the Edge of the Park is top tier raepkino

Does this have pancakes?
youtube.com/watch?v=Bjbl2nLKp_0

People complain about remakes and a lack originality in horror now days, but I swear to god there are at least 20 movies that have the "House at the edge of" "Last house on the" naming convention and they're all aping on Last House on the Left (which itself was shit).

That's a pretty funny observation

Originality is hard to find in any genre. Predator is just a mixture of The Most Dangerous Game, Alien, and First Blood...it's still a great movie. When something original comes down the pike, nobody sees it or it's not entertaining.

You'll also find out that all those rip offs from back then were made by Italians

My favorite Twilight Zone (80s reboot) episodes:

>To See The Invisible Man (a guy who hates society is condemned to social isolation aka "Sup Forums The Episode")

youtu.be/T3QRQGgkIWc

>Dealer's Choice (a bunch of old timers play poker with a mysterious stranger - the pot?... their souls!)

youtu.be/m3YMMl1az6o

>f13 part 9 better than part 8
>jason x the worst
>Halloween 6 better than H20
pls die

Not OP, but Hell is way better than 8 (gore, tits, characters) despite the lack of actual Jason, X is abject trash only syfyfags can enjoy, and H20 is shitty 90s horror at its worst and hardly a Halloween movie.

How the fuck can anyone think that H20 is better than 6? You're wrong on the rest of them too but H20 is particularly terrible and boring.

this movie fucking rekt me as a child

Waxwork was a fun watch

what is it about David Warner that enables him to elevate any movie he's in

High Tension is an example of the cover being better than the book.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ktgzs_E7-s4&t=4s

Same, the entire basement sequences and intro scenes were fucking nigthmarish to me as a 10 year old

It has Jamie Lee Curtis in it at least, 6 has zero redeeming qualities.

He's a class act.

Speaking of jamie lee curtis anyone seen this classic?

Killer twist is fucking goat and totally unexpected
I'm amused it is not as popular on Sup Forums considering the nature of the killer

I have a strange fascination with 1970s era Italian knock-off movies.

watched it recently. hell of a lot better than prom night.

What was the horror movie that freaked you the fuck out as a kid? I remember watching poltergeist on tv with family when i was like 6 or 7 and it scared the shit out of me, yet I insisted we keep watching when they asked if they should change the channel.

I enjoyed this too. It's got the late 90's early 2000's horror kino vibe.

H20 and new nightmare are both shitty lifetime movies with horror elements.

last house on the beach is actually pretty good

Back then I used to be scared of slashers even
I miss the days really
I have fond memories of I know what you did last summer mostly because it was the first horror movie I officially rented, back then I was about 8-9 years old.
After that I used to rent and watch 1-2 horror movies every friday for maximum comfyness after school, have great memories of it. I think most of my 80s horror repertoire came from those golden days.

>What was the horror movie that freaked you the fuck out as a kid?
This.
We had a bootlegged copy of this and it scared the shit out of me. Looking back now it's laughably bad but I can see why I was so unsettled by it

Some underrated horror movies I like.

The Lost Boys
The Fly 2
Stepfather 1 & 2
Maniac Cop trilogy
Brain Damage
Street Trash
976-Evil
The Dentist
C.H.U.D
Dr. Giggles
My Bloody Valentine original
April Fool's Day
Psycho 1- 3
The Frighteners
Warlock
Candyman
In the mouth of Madness

>Directed by Humphrey Humbert
Did those Italians really think they were fooling anyone? I might check this out though.

>The fly 2
>dog scene
every fucking time

I saw The Fly 2 on the space channel when I was in my mid teens, and I was expecting just a gore fest. Instead I got sucker punched in the feels. I was not expecting that.

If you check it out get ready for a funky and catchy tune senpai. Doesn't kick in til about 20 seconds in.
youtu.be/vsB5fYKddp0

>Frankenstain
I had to google that shit to make sure it was still Frankenstein. Good tune though.

What was it with fucking 80s italian horror and funky music? It's like they didn't know it was being made for a horror movie
youtube.com/watch?v=Fu0Nmr9OyEk
youtube.com/watch?v=PMFOGrkfV_g
youtube.com/watch?v=z0-L2rghcb8

youtube.com/watch?v=39szQy3TcH4

>you will never have fun composing funky themes for 80s italian horror
youtube.com/watch?v=TchMJe9yCks

FALL BREAK
GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME
youtube.com/watch?v=AIaUlESTPBo

Even though simon bosewell isn't italian i feel this one counts too
youtu.be/4VkxqMQvoI4

Also, GOAT list of funky horror themes here
>tfw 80% of these songs have lyrics that are actually related to the plot and characters of the corresponding movie
youtube.com/watch?v=1lvGCt0PmhM
youtube.com/watch?v=LCEFIw4mlZc
youtube.com/watch?v=GfSq1nXmSiM
youtube.com/watch?v=IuY7GsM6tvE
youtube.com/watch?v=MY71YCFAQjU
youtube.com/watch?v=YRUB5taG3xw
youtube.com/watch?v=HltchTPbH5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=DQht2S9qSvg
youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw
youtube.com/watch?v=xvkx4JFt74o
youtube.com/watch?v=B9N2HJWAyiE
youtube.com/watch?v=F3J0iwwsq-w
youtube.com/watch?v=NwoFMZQBsb8
youtube.com/watch?v=To3wUDk-FNY
youtube.com/watch?v=NHLQLkFU-pE
youtube.com/watch?v=x2tXuoiSM9o

hah I just watched this a couple of days ago, terrible with too much mysticism and prophesying chosen ones but really high production quality. The best story and setup I've seen is Djinn (2013). Munafik (2016) was okay, borrowed too much from usual horror movies and kinda loses the plot 2/3 of the way in. Mind you these depictions are closer to the theologically correct concept of 'jinn' instead of some bastardized western demon with an oriental look.

I saw that movie when I was a kid and always remembered how traumatic that scene was.
I watched The Fly 2 again about a month ago. I was expecting Old Yeller level tears when the morph dog scene came up, but it's just a shitty puppet with eyes on the sides of its head. Too melodramatic and corny.

Also, have you seen this deleted scene and the stupid alternate ending? The deleted scene is awesome, his barf melts the window.

youtube.com/watch?v=OlhN4JqQFEo

Pure kino.

what do you all of this one? I rather enjoyed it

>Creepshow
>Cat's Eye

Both Stephen King based, both have multiple stories in one movie, all are cheesy slightly spooky good.

And also,
>Pet Semetary

Is this Driller Killer or Dr. Iller Killer?

The Driller Killer

>Pet Sematary

youtube.com/watch?v=E6P4iatMl7M
*ki ki ki... ma ma ma*

Just watched pic related. Why is this film so adored? It had some cool zombie designs, and in a more serious movie, the semi-intelligent, hyper-resilient zombies would be downright terrifying. But the only memorable thing was the naked goth chick's 10/10 body.

Just caught that the other day.

That and the sequel. Not so good.

Forgot to add pic related

>10/10
how to spot a fag 101

Well, it's fun, the zombies are nice looking and the music is good

It's got a great sense of humor, music, atmosphere, and characters. Rare to see all those in another horror movie.

>But the only memorable thing was the naked goth chick's 10/10 body
that's definitely why I adore it, haha
what a tight little number

Pet Semetary 2 is one of the worst movies ever made and it was just trying to cash in on Eddie Furlong's instant fame after Terminator 2. It's almost more of an action movie than horror.
Furlong's next horror movie Brainscan was better, but not by much.

succ

Creepshow is absolute kino.

Anyone have a torrent link for the German version of Nosferatu in 1080p?

Agreed. The most I got out of it was just wanting to know what happened to Ellie after hearing that ghost story regarding the events of the original story.

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4491861

I first watched that movie when I was 7 or 8. I'm pretty sure my first officially signed boner was achieved when Trash strips naked while leaving her leggings on and dancing on a grave. She is the reason that I have a thing for somewhat trashy girls with short hair despite how conservative I am. Bless her heart.

Much appreciated

The Wailing

>Putting Friday the 13th Part 4 over Part 6
Shit taste user, shit taste.

I've been doing a horror movie a day, and have to say, I was really surprised at the quality of the Evil Dead remake/reboot/re-whatever.

As for my favorite non-slasher horror, would probably have to go with The Thing.

This horror movie has been on my mind for the about 15 years now and have no idea what the name is, but I remember a particular scene that fucked me up for awhile:

There's a family huddled together in a room watching in horror as their dog is being thrown around the room by some mysterious force within the house they live in. Afterwards, the mom helps the dog by putting its eyeball back into its socket.

Another scene I remember was where the evil spirit, or whatever is possessing the house, attacks some guy in a kitchen by pushing a table really hard at him and pinning him against the wall while he's screaming.

That's all I remember from this movie.

Some shitty alahu akbar niqab webrip of It released a few weeks ago. The rags put a bunch of shitty subs amd terrorist watermarks over a korean webrip. When do you think we will see the original korean webrip?

it's totally ruined by that fact that instead of a guy in a hockey mask it's a fucking doctor in scrubs
don't underplay the lack of Jason and the fact that he turns into a demon worm
Jason X has some of the best kills in the series as well pleb
and how you describe h20 you could say the same thing about 6 and at least h20 doesn't have Michael raping/impregnating his niece

>best kills in the series
Jason X has one good kill, that being the liquid nitrogen one. Watch it again and realize that 50% of its kills happen off screen with very little satisfying gore or effects.

youtube.com/watch?v=WJGhCgC91aM
compared to many f13 movies it has a decent amount of gore

youtube.com/watch?v=ezn4xTzgSjg
wrong video