SMurf story time

SMurf story time

Other urls found in this thread:

english.bouletcorp.com/2009/03/30/smurfs/
papercutz.com/kids-comics-graphic-novels/the-smurfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This was originally called The Black Smurfs, but was changed to the Purple Smurfs in the USA for... Obvious reasons.

I've never actually read this comic so I'll be storytiming it with you guys. This also might be why this storytime might be slower then usual.

Supposedly John Romero bases his Zombies from this story.

Finally! The Actual Comic!

Heh, I remember this art from various memes.

Just so you all know, in the original French this was actually called "Le Pays Maudit" (The Cursed Country) not "Land of the Smurfs". It's for the best really, since later albums would drop the "cursed" thing and focus on the magical fairy land aspect.

Fun fact: this Smurf would later become Grouchy Smurf.

Man, the Smurfs really are commies.

>Hey! You! Go see what Smurf is smurfing
It's funny, in the early albums, most Smurfs did not have their own names, they were literally just called "Smurf", but like with all other uses of smurf, they could somehow tell who people were talking about.

thank you OP

why are french comics so good? this and Asterix were my favourites as a kid

Thanks OP.

Wasn't grouchy the one that painted himself to infiltrate the blues, so the antidote didn't make contact with his skin enough?

They explicitly say that Grouchy was the first Smurf to get infected, and he was like that ever since, presumably because he was under the effects longer or something.

>Bridge Over the River Smurf

La la la la lalalaaa, La la la la lalalaaa.

It's funny, even though they don't have any names I still recognize a bunch of them. Brainy, Clumsy, Jokie are all here even if they're not named.

Thank you OP.
Have some fancomic by Boulet.

user, it's not over, the album is 48 pages long, there are 2 more stories.

I kinda want a helmet with born to smurf written on it.

Yeah, i wouldn't mind reading that comic but if it could be posted after the Graphic Novel is finished I'd appreciate it.

What the hell? They skipped Gargamel's debut story in the English edition and put it somewhere else? Why?

Sorry.
It's only 3 pages long with the pin-up, but I can delete it if you wish so.

Yeah, if you could delete it I'd appreciate it. Go ahead and post afterwards, its just that in middle of storytimes it's easier to follow one comic then two inter-twined.

Done.
I'll be gone to work soon, so here's the link if someone wants to read it:

english.bouletcorp.com/2009/03/30/smurfs/

Why doesn't Brainy just get the nuts his damn self?

Keep in mind that they released the book with their first appearance after this. Chronology didn't mean a thing.

Man, Smurf's take on the zombie genre really is brutal

>they released the book with their first appearance after this
That's because it was a "Johan et Pirlouit" story, the Smurfs are a spin-off. It would be pretty confusing for Americans to start there.

Just so you all know, the Flying Smurf would eventually achieve his dream several albums later by building an airplane that actually works.

So does this mean he's going to shit bricks?

>Original album had a story showing Gargamel's first appearance
>Replace it with a story from several albums later (notice the different artstyle)
FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

>John Romero
You mean George Romero right? John Romero is the guy who programmed on Wolf 3D and Doom

Yeah, George Romero.

BECAUSE PAPA SMURF SAID TO THEY GET THE WALLNUTS TOGETHER! AND PAPA SMURF IS AWAYS RIGHT! BECAUSE WHEN...

So the moral of thiss story is that loners are freaks. You need to live in your communist town in order to be happy even though they can visit you at any time.

Wait, the smurfs have military forces?

Skipping the previews.

I'm pretty sure that "Air Force" joke isn't in the original French

And that's the first Graphic Novel. Nice story but since i was posting and reading I was always a few pages behind. Might do more later.

You have to read it in the original Smurf to get the full impact!

>Smurf pretending to be an alien is orange on this cover, like in the original

Is green on this cover

So which is it?

>Les Schtroumpfs Noirs
Putain... Pendant que t'y es passe nous Tintin au Congo. Jsuis Tunisien mais jpréfère le racisme franco d'antan à l'hypocrisie à peine voilée d'aujourd'hui.

>that loners are freaks
are you dumb? Not one of the smurfs complained about him moving away or told him that he is crazy because of it.
The "moral" is that when things become normal they might start to annoy you. When he was new in the forest he didn't mind the annoying animals that much but when he settled in he complained about them like he complained in the village.

Truthfully, it's neither. Graphic Novel 7 is the AeroSmurf, about Flying Smurf building a plane. Don't know if they changed stories or if it was just a mis-leading cover.

>Deepest smurf

The moral is: Don't live in middle of the forest, go live... In the middle of the forest

Green. I'm guessing they wanted the "alien" smurfs to look like aliens. Or maybe they thought orange savages with spears looked racist.

But their website lists number 7 as being Astrosmurf and Aerosmurf is 16
>papercutz.com/kids-comics-graphic-novels/the-smurfs

Huh. The collection of Smurf Graphic novels I downloaded has the Aerosmurf twice, as #7 and as #16. Seems like I'm missing the Astrosmurfs.

>Or maybe they thought orange savages with spears looked racist.
same reason why the Bzz smurfs aren't black.

>Fun fact: this Smurf would later become Grouchy Smurf.

Yup, they mention it in the magic egg book, that he became all grouchy after getting bit.

>smurfs
>racist
I didn't know black people were created by mosquito bites.
While you're at it, why not say that the smurfs are jews because they have big noses, or monarchists because of the white hats. It's easy to draw shitty parallels.

Maybe you need to stop seeing oppression everywhere.

I remind from the flute with six smurfs movie from 1975 that Smurfland was first in a magical realm, while in the smurf comics and the cartoon it was just somewhere in a european medievil forest.

Peyo was belgian

wasn't it just a better idea if they protected their backs more.

Thank you for storytime.

>While you're at it, why not say that the smurfs are jews because they have big noses
actually Gargamel is the jew that's why he wants to turn the smurfs into gold coins.