The Pitch Black rehash at the end sucked but otherwise this was solid as fuck and a return to form after the shitty...

The Pitch Black rehash at the end sucked but otherwise this was solid as fuck and a return to form after the shitty autistic Dune faggotry of Chronicles.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eRGMsxotwuE
youtube.com/watch?v=hLH1MMuYyMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>3 movies I actually bought and didn't download yify rips of

>the names Johns
but Johns went out like a bitch

Is it really though?
The first DVD I ever bought was the pitch black/dark Athena/chronicles pack and I love the movies; but I find Riddick so fucking boring.

I've tried watching it a few times, and caught bits on tv. Is there anything more to it than riddick befriends cgi, fights cgi, hunts humans, Sackhoff tits?

Chronicles was the only really good part of the this series.

Space monster horror has been done many times before with higher budgets and better actors. Epic space Conan the Barbarian shit is what we need.

They honestly needed to make more video games, that's where the character and settings really shine.

Those movies would be more interesting if Riddick wasn't a monosyllabic fighting idiot savant.

I agree with this.
An open-world Riddick game would be cool, but still keeping the first-person stealth mind you.

>Epic space Conan the Barbarian shit is what we need.
Eh in theory but the way they did it was too nerdy. Vin let his D&D tendencies get out of hand. I also prefer Riddick as a Man with No Name knock off rather than a Conan knock off with an important destiny he needs to fulfill and all that bullshit.

It was okay. They should have kept the original title though. Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking

Vin Diesel funded this movie himself

I thought it was about as good as Pitch Black, if you've never seen either

It's more watchable than Pitch Black. Pitch Black needs a remaster. The alien CGI is really fucking bad in PB.

I've only saw the theatrical version in theaters and thought it was just okay. Is the directors cut any better?

Not really. It's not majorly different. Most of the news scenes take place in Riddick's Throne Room, which is a barebones gray set where Riddick refuses to bone naked ladies. It has a single window that reveals the grandeur of space in all it's glory (blurry, streaking bright colors). There's also a BUDGET-BUSTING shot of Riddick's fleet that's all pixelated and crappy..

The ending is different. So I've heard. I've only seen the Director's Cut. Chasing Karl Urban's character into the Necroverse is a big cliffhanger. youtube.com/watch?v=eRGMsxotwuE

Pitch Black is a great movie, but I have a soft spot for anything Riddick related. I fucking love the camp of Chronicles, and the hilariously quotable lines.

>Now look at you - all back of the bus and shit.
>If you can't keep up, don't step up. You'll just die.

>Chronicles was the only really good part of the this series.

>Fights nocturnal flying hammer heads
>Fights necromancer, his minions, and bounty hunters
>Meh let's go back to him being an outcast that's better than him leading a army of undead

JFMSU

Did he ever explain why Riddick is a carbon copy of Pitch Black instead of... anything else? I don't care what the budget it.

Chronicles was pure fucking kino.

Even had an epic score

youtube.com/watch?v=hLH1MMuYyMA

Riddick was ok, but the Director's cut was much better since they added back in a lot of scenes that connected the lore to chronicles.

They wanted to make this one low budget and safer so they could secure a 4th one and go full Necroverse

I got a few hours into Butcher Bay but it's not designed very well so I had to uninstall it.

>he didn't like chronicles

Faggot alert

Seriously nu-riddick was so disappointing with how they asspulled their way out of everything that happened in the previous movie. we were supposed to get a high fantasy space opera next and instead we got derivative garbage pretending to be pitch black 2

They didn't have enough budget to do anything else. Even then they had to shut down production for a few weeks because they ran out of money and Vin had to spend some of his own money to get it back up and running again.

It was a safe option guaranteed to put asses in movie theater seats and turn a profit to fund the next major movie.

The only other thing they could have managed on their budget would have been a "Riddick in prison" prequel that would have only really appealed to hardcore fans of the series and wouldn't have advanced the plot at all.

I dunno about that. There's a point where a character who is just a random criminal but is somehow completely unstoppable against any number of heavily armed mercenaries and alien monsters becomes more absurd than the "sole survivor of a proud warrior race" character concept from Chronicles.