Why they don't have human villains in SU? This is huge plot potential wasting Imo

Why they don't have human villains in SU? This is huge plot potential wasting Imo

It's easier to get graphic violence on air when the thing being mutilated is a vestigial living hologram.

but they wouldnt be a menace.the CGS can just wipe them out

Because you are watching Being a Faggot is Ok and Tumblr disguised as a cartoon for kids.

Pretty much why we had no Hunt for Malachite arc or why the Cluster was solved and explained in 3 mere episodes

Because the Gems have been on Earth since humanity has been there.

> There's new guy in Beach City
> He's settling around the temple setting up a little lab
> He "Accidentally" meets Steven
> Uses him as a source of information about Gems
> Find out a way to defeat 'em
> gemocide[/spoiler
Would you, Sup Forums?

Another reason to hate 'em for humans

I always thought the whole "Coverup? What coverup?" bit in Keep Beach City Weird was meant to imply that Mayor Dewey does have a hand in covering up gemshit

But still, the government getting involved in the gem's exploits would make a good arc if they don't immediately turn it into the same old "alien dissection" joke that they already did with Ronaldo

Beach City is in the middle of scenic nowhere, of course the government hasn't gotten involved.

I'm surprised no entity more official than Ronaldo has any interest in reverse-engineering Gem tech.

>SU fanbase uses the word offend to mean something they don't like

The show is just trying to match what is expected of their audience: nothing good.

In-story? Because the Gems have been around as long as humanity has. They're not weirded out or think it's a great threat. There's also the fact that there's only three of them left and they keep to themselves in a small town.

Otherwise? Sugar is probably not interested in telling that kind of story. Why force a conflict the showrunners aren't invested in telling?

I don't see why the government would care. There was a huge gem war some 6000 years ago, which has to be well recorded in history, and there's a ton of magical shit (towers in the ocean, canyons filled with holes and strange machines, etc.) that is the government did care the would have all the info they need.

it just comes off as bad writin not to mention wasted potential.

It seems humans don't really get that it is technology? Explorer dude saw them as funky ruins, and there is seemingly no teaching of gem stuff in schools. Otherwise Connie PerfectPants would have known about it all. I find it all weird, considering how intertwined humanity's history is with gem history.

It feels like we should have one of two situations:
>Gems are GODS
Gems are thought of as mythology, but many people are Crystallites and would instantly recognize a gem much like how a christian instantly recognizes a saint on his toast.

>Gems are everyday meh
Gems are seen as part of the world, not soliciting much of a reaction to them. This includes people not being impressed when they see crazy magic shit, but it also includes gem tech and culture integrated into human stuff to some degree. This means you can't have shit like Mr. Demayo, Ronaldo or Connie's ractions to Gemstuff.

Ronaldo is kind of a human foil to the gems in a very ineffective way.

But more importantly, do you see humans trying to fight mountains or lakes? Besides Greg already conquered them anyway.

I'd much rather have it be ignored than for it to turn into yet another iteration of "super hero is actually hated by the people he saves and he has to get over it because great responsibility." It has a whole page on autismtropes. If you don't like the wasted potential, go check one of the dozens of series listed under 'hero with bad pr.'

The world that the story takes place isn't our own. Also maybe involve world governments if and when home world invades with a big army or something but otherwise since there has only been small conflicts in a nothing town, I really see no point in complicating things further with bringing in FBI men in black types to the story.

It's quite possible that gem tech cannot be activated by a human being. As such, the gem sites are simply off limits because of the corrupted gem infestation.

The only one the government should be really interested in is Steven. He's a hybrid that's capable of using gem tech while also being physically superior to humans. The whole thing would end in operation gem rape if the government ever got to him.

They were unsure whether or not Hillary was going to win or not. If she won, they wouldn't want to imply that the government is corrupt or idiotic or anything like that, what if the children think the first female president is also corrupt or idiotic. Now that Trump's president, we might get these interesting plots to deter authoritarianism and defer from believing the right to ever be decent people.

Pass me some more redpills, and I want to overdose.

A giant space hand literally showed up and flipped Earth the bird.

in the SU universe, the gems have been working along side Americans since the beginning.

>no government response when an ALIEN SHIP shows up
?????
Where's my FBI Operatives

I find the excuse "humans don't mess with gem shit, it's too dangerous" to be remarkably flimsy.

We didn't stay away from lions because they were dangerous. We threw body after body at them until we had taken apart every piece of a lion and put it back together so we could use them in our Vegas shows.

Humans are curious. Almost suicidally so. We can't NOT go to things that are more powerful than us until we can understand them.

this
space travel is quite possibly one of the most suicidal concepts ever known, and yet mankind has constantly pushed itself further into space

People, nameless people, used to die in cartoons all the time.
What went wrong?

If gems have been around longer, why:
1. Does human civilization exists in the first place, if there's most-likely indestructible monsters roaming around
2. A task force or profession dedicated to taking down these threats.

The show is about evil aliens, how are humans supposed to compare?

The same way humans always compete when aliens are the enemy.

Be crafty and resourceful enough to steal/shoot down some of their tech, reverse engineer it, build our own stuff on a comparable level, and go to war.

>1. Does human civilization exists in the first place, if there's most-likely indestructible monsters roaming around

It developed, but differently. For example, we know the the primary reason that the rest of the world left America the hell alone for as long as they did was because it was ESPECIALLY overrun with gem monsters for a long, long time. It wasn't just far away, it was dangerous.

I think the humans generally just leave gem shit alone because 1) humans that try to fight gems usually die and 2) gem problems will take care of themselves if you just wait it out.

The Crystal Gems have been cleaning up this stuff for thousands of years. The humans have rarely been FORCED to deal with gem monsters themselves. Just holing up and praying the magical ladies arrive sooner rather than later is not just a valid strategy, until VERY recently in human history it was probably the only one.

episode?

Yeah I can see why you would rather have them ignore an interesting idea like that and instead spends half a season with boring episodes that don't add up to anything important

>It suggests humans are too stupid to notice

In this show, aren't they? All the humans are pretty simple characters

The 'boring episodes' further the story, which is about Steven and his relationships and growth. You want a story about the government and Humanity. That's not the story the show is here to tell, and including it would serve as a massive distraction from the foundation of the show.

All not-that-many of them.

If a town can be called Beach City with only 15 people in it, how much lower must the global population be?

>gems protect humans from evil empire and monsters because they have the right to be, but also treat them all like lesser beings, trivialize their struggle and agency, despite humans being able of the same level of cognition as them.
>they parade themselves as elegant and enlightened despite themselves being critically flawed individuals.
sounds uncomfortable similar to some people in real life.

No they used the word right. They're offended, as a human, that humans are considered too dumb to be a real threat.

Actually no matter how messed up something is, it only takes about 2 generations of inactivity for no one to care any more.

Soccer moms, political correctness, religious groups. You let your country down by not participating in politics.

But almost every show with humans and aliens goes that route. What's wrong with avoiding that as much as possible?

This.

It's a tired as fuck cliche by now. Both humans being the antagonists AND humans being partners. It's actually nice seeing aliens taking care of alien shit with other aliens for a change.

Its a cliche becouse its true in real life, maybe they wouldnt go full xcom but they would try SOMETHING, anything but fucking nothing at all, even if it was futile, even if they knew it was futile, but life just goes on like nothing on the show, even in beach city no one cares, even when the space hand fucked up their homes and had to move the same day and abandon everything they had so they wont die, no one questions a thing and the next morning is business as usual, like nothing happened. And that would be fine in a comedy, but when the show ask you to care for the struggles of its caracters they should at least write them as real people and not oblivious retards whenever the story demands it.

>Why they don't have human villains in SU?
Well, in Everyone Makes Mistakes I have a group of Humans who try to use Gems for the good old "betterment of USA" shit.

I call the GERM (Gem extermination or relocation movement)

One of the reasons Steven is developmentally stunted is because of this. Beach City is peaceful and everyone is nice. Even the bad people he's met are just kind of jerkish.

Steven has had to deal with real, human evil. Because that's not what the show is about. It's tough to deal with a foe you can't just bubble.

Xmen and every other cape comic have done it to death.

That still happens in plenty of cartoons. Every era has had safe cartoons and ones that featured death.

Seeing the potential of ancient humans, gems made small changes in their brain structure to make them more docile, peaceful, and stupid, effectively lobotomizing them as a species.

But that just opens up another can of worms. If humanity had had contact with an advanced alien race for our entire history, our global civilization would look RADICALLY different. It wouldn't just be the subtle shit you see in SU, Steven's world would look almost nothing like our world.

I feel like this is all shit that Sugar and co. didn't think through as much as they should have.

I always thought Men in Black or the military should have been introduced after the Beach City invasion.

Oh
Oh I would love it

>Introducing the same, tired, shlocky "Humanity Fuck Yeah" /tg/-tier shit
Please reconsider

>not thinking humanity is the rightful owner of the universe, and all other just being obstacles in need of wiping out

SCREW YOU HERETIC!

>Humans would just piss their pants and give up without a fight while they wait for their turn at the hatchet
>They wouldnt act like the savage apes that we are and die in a pointless no-win war

Nope. TV always self-censored itself when it came to cartoons. All those cartoons were always toothless. Even Looney Tunes was censored as hell for years. "Nameless people used to die"? You mean someone in GI Joe used to knock em out with a laser beam. Samurai Jack was full of robots etc etc. There's a few exceptions to the rule but they're a dime a dozen.

More freedom now than there's ever been in regards to children's TV. (Looney Tunes & co indeed did more but those were all originally aimed at adult audiences.)

I always thought this guy was meant to be a big Joke.
Like, one of the only villains they couldn't reform was this petty jerk.

Crystal Empire vs The Imperium. Who wins?

Honestly, depends on how big the Gem Empire really is, since we currently don't know.

The Gems have a weirdly high focus on melee combat, but in 40k that's just par for the course.

Quartzs are far beyond normal human fighting ability in strength, speed and endurance. Jaspar survived a fall from orbit in an exploding space ship (and was even at the heart of that explosion) and didn't even poof! Thats arguably tougher than a space marine, given that space marines need drop pods to survive an orbital insertion.

And the Gems have a number of super-weapons that are pretty game changing if exploited in basically any way. 6000 years ago, the Gems had anti-planet weapons, teleportation, time travel, and near infinite replication of whatever they want. And unlike the IoM, we know they tech has significantly advanced in that time. Plus certain gems like Lapis are an Exterminatus in a Can under the right circumstances (A single Lapis can single-handedly conquer and hold any planet with significant oceans, just by moving the ocean around and wiping out any civilization on the surface she wants).

I'd think that the Gems are definitely one of those problems that the Space Marines need to deal with, because the Guard is too outclassed. If the Gems only control a small number of worlds then the IoM can probably just drown them in ships and resources, but the cost is going to be HIGH. Probably prohibitively so, given that the Gems are more of a threat than the Tau are and they are not worth the effort it takes to kill them. But if they control a significant portion of the galaxy, the IoM probably can't take them in a fight without crippling their armies with the losses and dooming itself.

>gems made small changes
pearl did'nt know how sex works in 20 century, they literally had minimum 7 million years to learn that, but they didn't

God Emperor and holy Diamonds I desire to see this. Also, I think Gems would totally fit in W40K universe

will there ever be a SU lex luthor
a character who realizes that the fact the gems even exist on earth denies any sort of greatness humanity could ever achieve

This, humans were never the strongest nor the fastest animals yet we are the dominant species.

If real humans where like the humans of SU we would never have left the caves.

Because how big of a threat could humans be to them?

Technology and physically humans are still light-years behind.
You could have some creeper can try to kidnap Steven but then he'd be able to beat them easy considering he's fucking OP

Don't die user, I'll miss you and your crazy conspiracy theories that are based on the random prejudices of people, and are thus twice as likely to be correct.

Also, it's probably because someone may have done it in the past, trying to assault the gems, got their asses fisted by an 8 foot angry black woman, and fled in terror. Rinse, repeat this enough times, and maybe it's best to leave the magical cleanup crew who keep saving your lives to do their thing.