Wanted Storytime

Going to do as the title says and storytime the series Wanted. I watched the movie before I read the comic and while I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, after reading the comic I'm a little dissapointed the movie wasn't more faithful. I personally loved the comic's story more than the movies so here we are.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iK0-76FChfk
youtube.com/watch?v=XJTXpItCqFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's so weird thinking that Chris Pratt played Wesley's piece of shit best friend in the movie.

If there's one thing the movie did is that it made him insanely more likeable. Wesley in this starts off looking like a prick and instantly turns into a sociopath within the span of a couple pages.

>I'm not a homosexual, you understand.
Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

I have no idea how I missed the Spidey boots the first time I read it. I guess I just wasn't a critical reader back then.

I'm glad this scene was adapted for the movie. This one was definitely more ridiculous.

>The second coming of Jesus Christ out of the newspapers if they wanted to. In fact, I think they did a few years back.
I wonder if this is a reference to Chosen by Millar

God Wesley is such a pussy.

It's weird knowing that The Fox looks like Halle Berry and Wesley looks like Marshall Mathers.

I feel like the mantra of this comic is "shut up and go with it." Otherworldly concepts, names, and locations are fired at the reader without much elaboration beyond a sentence or two. There is very little time to consider the logic of this universe.

Wanted is one of Millar's more polarizing works. I personally like it but I wouldn't put it in my top 5 works by Millar

Can anybody clarify if Fuckwit is supposed to be a failed clone of The Plutonian?

The Professor is one of the better characters this series. Wish we got to see him in Jupiter's Circle/Legacy

Admit it, this scene was fucking sweet the first time you read it.
>I could be projecting but I thought this was a great turning point for the story.

Hell of a way to end an issue.

oh shit the boots haha

>I've seen spina bifida babies with more goddamn backbone.
I laughed more than I should have at this.

Thanks for reading along man! I was worried I this thread was gonna die for a while! You da best!

One of the few scenes that was better in the movie. Link for reference.
youtube.com/watch?v=iK0-76FChfk

These next couple pages are the definition of edge.
>Did Wesley ever bend a bullet in this comic or was that a trait unique to the movie? I know he deflected a bullet with a knife but never bent it.
youtube.com/watch?v=XJTXpItCqFU

>Can you believe I raped an A-List celebrity and it didn't even make the news?
God fucking dammit Millar! In literally one issue you manage to make Wesley an irredeemable piece of shit! This was completely unecessary and added nothing other than making look like an deranged monster that was looking for the first excuse to indulge in his twisted fucking fantasies. .

Same, the movie's my first exposure before the comics, same with Kickass and Kingsman. Millar can get a bit all the edge in a lot of his works but when you get used to it.

>If I was chocolate, I swear I'd eat myself right now.
I laughed. Also J.G. Jones really knocked it out of the park with all these character designs and aesthetics.

oh yeah, now we're getting the sociopathy.

Is that the fucking Vulture in panel 2? I'd want to believe so because it would make the Millar Multiverse that much more insane.

If I remember correctly, this is the Millar Multiverse.

>Universe 1
>Jupiter's Circle (Starting Point), Wanted, Chosen, Huck, Kick-Ass Series, MPH, Nemesis, Starlight, Secret Service, Superior, and Marvel 1985 (which itself incorporates Marvel 616).
>With this known, it's not impossible for The Fraternity to span the Millar Multiverse.
>It's also logical to assume that the Fraternity's influence greatly varies across the universes, which explains why The Fox can literally get away with murder and The Vulture can't rob a bank without the police getting on his tail.

>Universe 2
>Jupiter's Circle (Starting Point) - Super Crooks - Jupiter's Legacy

Ivy, Ghost Rider, Brainiac(?), Freeze, DeathStroke, Vulture?

If anyone showed me this page I'd think it was a page from The Boys.

I'm at a loss for who would voice Mr. Rictus

We were never going to get Shit-Head in that movie....=(

>We carved up on the continents and he got stuck with Australia. Apparently, he's still seething about it.
Ha!

>They fought against the same superhero many years ago.
I know the obvious choice would be Sheldon, but I'm kinda leaning towards George.

In a sense, Solomon Salazar is the greatest supervillain Millar has ever created in terms of what he accomplished. Also, after reading this page it's possible for the events associated with Marvel 1984 to be present in both of Millar's universes.

Rough...

I love it when characters are sentimental. Hero and villain alike.

Yep...Solomon is the kinda villain I wish would take me under his wing. He doesn't seem like a pscyhotic nutcase, just someone that wants to be left to work as well as run amock every now and again.

Also, this is The Plutonian's cape right?

You could say he's more of the highlight in this than Wesley

Well this is somehow even worse than the movie so far.

So was she really distraught over him leaving or was it because for once, he got the final word over her?

What might never happen?

I think it's a combination of both.

THis is a pretty sweet page. Dual wielding handguns and blowing apart superheroes while freefalling towards the earth just looks awesome.

The book is SIGNIFICANTLY EDGIER than the movie but I feel has infinitely more style and overall uniqueness. The fact that we didn't get the Killer suit in the movie was upsetting. It did however come out in the game and I'm tempted to purchase it for that alone lol.

Very interesting questions....

The origin of Shit-Head is hysterical.

And apparently Millar licks them.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit just got real.

I'd say "OH SHIT" but I saw that coming from pages away.