Do people honestly believe this was a good sequel to Blade Runner?

Do people honestly believe this was a good sequel to Blade Runner?

Blade Runner:
>mind blowing tech. noir about a retiring detective on the hunt for four replicants
>the method of our creation doesn't define our humanity
>eyes and the soul, and the link of sight to memories
>what is it to be human?
>do memories define us?
>roy as symbol of fallen angel
>tears in the rain

Blade Runner 2049:
>lel baby replicants out of nowhere
>le we could manufacture replicants faster if they were fucking! lol!
>only in le death can you le truly be human
>le waifus
>what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more...

It was basically Blade Runner for fedora tipping reddit teens.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrNijjU-2IE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Watched it yesterday, would have gave it 3/5 not a patch on the original as reviewers have been saying. Movie feels like one that picks style over substance

>>le we could manufacture replicants faster if they were fucking! lol!
It's almost like we don't have an analagous issue to this in the real world

>>only in le death can you le truly be human
That wasn't the

>>le waifus
>>what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more...
Looks like someone got confused

>Movie feels like one that picks style over substance
The original did the same, it was pretty much remembered for its aesthetic until the recuts focused on its themes

>i had to take a piss 6 times during the movie

The original is about the reals while this one is about the feels.

Did you even watch it? Fucking Americans I swear

Blade Runner 2049:
>mind blowing tech. noir about a replicant investigating the cover-up of android procreation
>the method of our creation doesn't define our humanity
>eyes and the soul, and the link of sight to memories
>what is it to be human?
>do memories define us?

sounds like a Blade Runner sequel to me childish fambino.

Found the American.

(You)

Sup roasties

user putting "le lol lel" buzzwords before a plot point doesn't make it suddenly an argument, you sound like an underage ameritard.

Try to make one coherent non degenerate buzzword-free sentence about it next time.

>lel baby replicants out of nowhere
>le we could manufacture replicants faster if they were fucking! lol!
>only in le death can you le truly be human
>le waifus
>what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more...

Have u even read the books faggot?

Il see it when br release. Probably better than BvS

Ridley+Jordan Cronenweth
>rich contrasts
>intergrates 20th century architecture of LA with futuristic times
>great compositions, plenty of details in every shot
>single color fill-lights softed with neons everywhere
>hard shadows, keeping with the noir tradition, while doing complex tricks in camera at the same time, ie the "artificial eyes" effect (Light is bounced into the actors’ eyes off a piece of half mirrored glass mounted at a forty five degree angle to the camera)
>streets feels overcrowded, yet all the exteriors were shot in two streets in the Universal backlot

Villeneuve+Roger Deakins
>one color smog
>dude brutalism everywhere lmao
>boring compositions, boring backdrops without any detail (dude water bouncing light in a concrete wall)
>DI everything so much, the whole film seems bland
>film in the biggest studio in europe, with 3 times the budget of the original, and waste it in desert streets
>LA is now overcrowded, but the second half of the film the city seems desert (dude you can walk into the police HQ, kill some cops and get out without problems because there's nobody there lmao)

It's good to see there are still some patricians posting in /tv

For the first few days of 2049's release, I thought it was taken over by plebbit.

some examples

I'm pretty fuckin tired of using the term "bleak" or "empty" like it's an argument against the film.

Ofcourse the visuals are sterile, empty and monochromatic, that's the entire point, the new one is showing the bleak empty sterile future after the blackout where nature is practically non existant that is in contrast with the dense, dirty, alive and cluttered setting of the original. The original was mostly filmed at night, this was mostly filmed in a day.
You're all acting like every movie should be filled with a vast highly colorful spectrum of colors and with as much things shoved in the frame possible, no matter what the narrative of the film is about.
It would make no sense for this film to look extremely colorful and dense, it would make no sense to fill the streets with thousands of extras, it would make no sense to make it seem "alive" when everything in it is basically dead.
Bunch of ignorant surface-level brainlet casuals.

I always loved the original despite its obvious flaws but this sequel just never should have been made. On first view it comes off really well but when you think about the details and context of what happens it's one giant pile of bullshit.

holy shit, not a single argument against OP in this entire thread

Oh and everyone seems to forget about the three shorts that were made. I would prefer to see more of the god damn high budget anime instead of the actual movie...

see here

Fuck off weeaboo. That short was utter dogshit as well.

I'm saying that 2049 doesn't have two things that made the original BR great
>Doesn't have the look
>Doesn't have the music
It had a couple of great scenes but the final result was miles behind the original for me

The main issue is that Blade Runner was never made for sequels and has no larger stories than the characters in it. 2049 opened up a can of worms and failed to adequately explain what the actual situation was, whereas blade runner never addressed them or needed to.

Also a major gripe is that K didn't realise he was a cover story (a bad one at that) just by logic alone since only a female reproducing replicant has any value so it had to be a daughter.

Blade runner:
>Harrison Ford lazily mumbles and narrates you to sleep between set pieces: the movie
>worth maybe a single watch

2049:
>rad detective romance thriller perfect to blaze and zone out to multiple times

>Doesn't have the look
Takes place in the future. The world has changed.

>Doesn't have the music
Different composer. Vangelis was asked but passed.

I like the left shot you posted was better than one on the right in the film. Lighting's way better.

Can you watch this trailer comparison and tell me that 2049 is better than BR?

>Takes place in the future. The world has changed.
It's not as good. Ok, they've tried something different. But the final result is not there.

>Different composer. Vangelis was asked but passed.
And they chose Zimmer as a replacement. Their worst crime imho.

That image is the biggest example of cherry picking imaginable, one is an extreme long shot from up in the air and the other is street shot.

>LA is now overcrowded, but the second half of the film the city seems desert (dude you can walk into the police HQ, kill some cops and get out without problems because there's nobody there lmao)

if you remember from the movie that SanDiego gets turned into LA's landfill.
I think its Implied that LA is pretty much a city spanning probably the entirety of the west coast.

First off, it's a comparison solely made on the trailer, while the film is almost 3 hours long.
Secondly, you are comparing the cinematography on the most surface-level way possible of "which looks more cool or nicer". The new one isn't trying to outdo the original by making it more vibrant or filled with more extras or making it even more "detailed", that would be pretty fucking dumb. It's portraying how the world went to complete shit with the nature dying and technology dying also (that shot of the gigantic solar panel farm not working) and how brutalistic the environment has become.

I am now convinced that you haven't even watched the new one and you are making all these claims solely by watching the trailer and nothing else. Pathetic.

Liked some parts of it: a specially air strike scene.
Of course it won't reach original movie level, at least they tried.

Also is it me or Ford doesn't even tried playing? He doesn't care anymore is he?

I guess you can be a fan of 2049 if you like brutalist architecture.
I certainly don't.

>Blade Runner:
>le retiring detective back on the job
>eyes and the soul i read taht somewher
>le what is it to be human meme
>are we memories but what if fake???
>le fallen angel symbolism (so deep XD)
>muh tears in rain

For me this is the only recent Ford role where he shown actually giving a shit about the film while performing. He was decent, that Rachel scene was pretty fucking emotionally investing

>tears in the rain

Confirmed larping underage.

>It's not as good. Ok, they've tried something different. But the final result is not there.
Your opinion. Critical acclaim and audience reception say otherwise.

this is a shit post

that shitpost is making fun of how OP just put "le lol lel xD lel!" and then listing plot points like it's an actual argument

>posts women will never understand

Why are you hapa subhumans obsessed with the opinions of fuckbags?

>le, le, le

you need to go back to a certain website where you belong, OP. And it's not this one.

Why are you too autistic to understand a stupid joke?

how long until they're real?

>Just pretending

Sure thing half caste.

NGL I was really glad to get out of the movie theater after 2049. That movie was far too long and really took its time for no reason, fuck me does everything have to be 3 hours?
I was hyped as fuck for this, Deakins and Villeneuve have done some of my favourite movies. It's a beautiful movie for sure but the colours are all over the place. It's really over the top with how much it changes colour schemes. It really lacks the same cohesive visual style that the original has. It's also too quiet, which is Villeneuve's style coming in, and we don't get to just listen to anything for long, not even the music.

The world in BR2049 is supposed to be depressing and oppressive. Which is a nice statement on that style of architecture.

>Blade Runner for fedora tipping reddit teens.
But that's what the original blade runner was, too. Only pretentious twats pretend to enjoy it.

It's a good sequel and definitely worthy. But I don't think it's necessarily the right sequel.

Personally I would have loved if they delved more into the world building.

>>the method of our creation doesn't define our humanity
>>eyes and the soul, and the link of sight to memories
>>what is it to be human?
>>do memories define us?
this fits completely into the sequel you fucking idiot
>waifus offend you so much that you see no genuine artistic merit to their inclusion
wew

7 years, first shitty Protos.

this was Ford's only decent acting in over a decade. He loved working on this film

It wasn't even pretending, it was just a goof, you Sup Forumsedditors are fucking sociopaths

>YA WANNA KEEP DOIN THIS OR GET A DRINK?
>....I drink

yeah I don't see the problem. The dialogue (writing) was a bit stiff but I don't really see how Ford did a bad job with it

2049 is to the Original Blade Runner what Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is to Human Revolution

Spot on.

>Vangelis was asked but passed.
gonna need a motherfucking citation on that because is saying youre lying

i think he was the real kid, thats what makes the story such a tragic ending in the snow, he was the real son

I don't get what you people are trying to achieve constantly making posts about how the visuals in the original were better while simultaneously contradicting the statement with side-by-side screenshot comparisons that blatantly show 2049's visual superiority.

I can agree Zimmer doesn't hold a candle to Vangelis.

You have to watch both films before you make an assesment homeboy.

I (re)watched the original almost immediately after seeing 2049 and one of the biggest takeaways I got from it was how surprisingly flat and boring most shots were compositionally.

The sets and costumes are still brilliant, though, that's not to say they were bad in the new one but they went for a more minimalistic and simple style in those.