What went wrong?

What went wrong?

I really don't get the praise for the shows at all. Each one is awfully written and has a 3 episode plot stretched out to 13.

they can't make any fucking decent villains

theres like what? 3 worth a damn?

The Netflix shows are literally the only good thing about the MCU. Everything else is just a carbon copy of the preceding movie.

Well likesaid the villains tend to suck. Also they were forced to give too much attention Black Widow and Hawkeye since they fucked up putting Antman & The Wasp in there early on.
And the Thor movies are a waste of potential because of all that shit that takes place on earth.

At the very least they manage to feel different from each other, instead of the movies feeling like they're all directed, written (with the same fucking jokes), and shot by the same people. The shows are still drawn out as fuck though and each one has really questionable acting.

it hides weak and formulaic writing under silly quips and superficial fan service that makes the most normie of normie feel like a real comic fan because THEY KNEW WHO HOWARD THE DUCK WAS BEFORE GOING INTO GOTG OMGGGGGGGG

They shouldn't have done quips I guess

Success

I could do without everything after that scene in the first Ironman movie where Pepper is carefully tiptoeing across the broken glass.

It's a stupid fade that people are already getting tired off and all the studios investing in cape are goin to rek

Every team-up except guardians is an event, there's no regular team movie to build up the lesser known characters anymore and that leads to every character fighting for screen time in the event movies because the audience barely knows half the Avengers at this point.
Should've made a New Avengers movie before Civil War.

I don't agree with people getting tired of it. The movies were the most successful of 2016 and they're not losing any momentum going into 2017. It is a "fad" I guess but I don't think it's one that'll die off any time soon.

More focus on "comedy and crossovers" than making individual high quality solo films

I feel you, man. I only enjoyed season 1 of Daredevil (mostly for action scenes rather than writing) and Cottonmouth scenes in Luke Cage because he was a decent villain and had a fun actor.

Superhero movies will never be high quality films.

Jessica Jones was pretty fun while it lasted, Purple Man was great.
I liked Diamondback up until that last fight which ruined his character, Also Cottonmouth died too soon they were building him up and then suddenly he was killed off.

>Jessica Jones was pretty fun while it lasted, Purple Man was great.
I think we'll have to disagree here.

4STIC

No mutants, No fantastic four and so
Much power imbalance

They should have committed to the inhumans right from the start and make them more as villains and a global threat

Joss Whedon
It all can be traced back to him

For what it's worth, even the worst Mcu villain is better than Gay Lex, Discotheque Doomsday, Honka Honka or the Enchantress.

They got lazy and stuck to the same formula because it sells well.

>for what it's worth

being better than the dceu isn't worth shit, that property is -literally- falling apart as we speak