Anyone here know of any cartoon episode that were truly lost? Like never saved, not aired again, etc?

Anyone here know of any cartoon episode that were truly lost? Like never saved, not aired again, etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

lostmediawiki.com/Home
youtube.com/watch?v=FAA586bPm7k
moonsisters.org/moonsisters/ToonMakerS/ToonmakersSailormoon.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=bcM7JdiTlY0
youtube.com/watch?v=vQ8X4Tnkg-I
youtu.be/DvqXRFPU_aQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyberWorld
toon.is/cow-chicken-no-smoking-original-pilot-video_b7fe8730f.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonde_Burin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lost Media Wiki has a bunch, though most of those are just "not readily available to the public" as opposed to legitimately lost. There's a few there that have "I can't find this on youtube!" as the reason it's considered lost.

Three, or more, episodes of Swat Katz could be considered "lost". The rest(four) were never produced though. Not cartoon related, but Dracula's Death(1921) has been lost for years, no one has been able to find the film's record. Only a few pictures from the movie were found over the years.
>inb4 "Dracula isn't Sup Forums related"

Dead Bart

lostmediawiki.com/Home
for anybody too lazy to google

If something were truly lost how would we know about it?

We know of episodes of older shows like Dr. Who that aired but ended up destroyed. Way back in the day studios didn't think saving shows was important. It wasn't really until Lucille Ball negotiated for the rights to her show and made a fucking shit ton of money syndicating it that studios saw the value in it. Also I believe one of the studios had a massive fire that wiped out tons of different shows. I don't know of any but there are conceivably some episodes of Loony Tunes or Mickey Mouse that no longer exist.

Until just recently, Toad Patrol's entire second season was lost. I just checked and a lot of the second season has been found and uploaded. No clue how it suddenly all managed to pop up in the past half year. Not all of it's found yet, though.

Not Sup Forums but for some reason I can't find any full Attack of the Show episodes from 2007, though here are clips around.

Also, the last few eps of Class of 3000 is lost for good, if I'm not mistaken.

Rip G4 you sexy gummy filled channel

Actually just checked, & the last 5 Class of 3000 episodes that aired has been found.

Bad news is: 1 is in english, the other 4 are in Romanian.

>I don't know of any but there are conceivably some episodes of Loony Tunes or Mickey Mouse that no longer exist

I'm tempted to believe all Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies are readily available, though not with original title cards. Unless you count things like A Jolly Good Fala or the original ending of The Heckling Hare as lost as well.

There's more missing Disney stuff like Oswald the Lucky Rabbit just because it was made so many years earlier.

Red Mist is something I'd like to see leaked.

G4 was garbage and killed techtv.
Fuck attack of the show especially for killing the screen savers.

Some really old cartoon shorts were melted down for the war effort back in the 40s.

I've been looking for really old x-play videos too. before morgan thought she was hot shit back when they had the sofa.

Cinematech was fucking great and it's weird how theres been nothing too much like it ever since.

>The original Oswald animations were bought but are rumored to be missing certain bits

Disney's tortured relationship with the Censored Eleven made it hard to find them except on old VHS tapes. Then someone went ahead and uploaded most of them to youtube.

There's some old X-Play's around the net, but sadly, not that many.

There was a guy on Sup Forums making a Cinematech type of "show" for youtube every few weeks but I never kept up with it.

What I really miss is Icons, that show was huge to me back in the day.

This. Icons was awesome, & man, this thread is making me miss G4. Mostly pre-2008 G4.

They try to make an american version of sailor moon back in the early 90s. the 17 minutes pilot was never aired and only the recording of a promo on a convetion and some films sold on amazon serves as proof of it existence.

youtube.com/watch?v=FAA586bPm7k

Also read this deligtfully early 2000s article ranting about the subject.

moonsisters.org/moonsisters/ToonMakerS/ToonmakersSailormoon.htm

Splat! was a tv magazine that talked about animation. It has news, interviews with animators and previews of movies and shorts. My guest is that right issues prevented it from having a dvd relase.

Of the 100 episodes you will only find 2 in spanish on youtube plus the intro.

The new nickelodeon block "The Splat" only makes google the show more dificult.

youtube.com/watch?v=bcM7JdiTlY0
youtube.com/watch?v=vQ8X4Tnkg-I

>muh techtv

i think they have managed to find a copy of every doctor who episode now just not all of them in color

entire seasons of the johnny carson show were just taped over by the studio for example

The manage to find most of them but not all, for what I know they have to go all over the globe to find the reels copies of many of the episodes that the BBC destroyed.

There were a bunch of missing episodes of Animaniacs and Pepper Ann until
1). WB finally released the vol 4 DVD of Animaniacs many years after the last one
and
2). Folks on MySpleen managed to track down and compile all of PA this July

And considering those are two pretty well-known shows from the 90s I can only imagine the situation is similar for a lot of more obscure/older series

youtu.be/DvqXRFPU_aQ

That Disney ripoff of Ren and Stimpy is still missing like 3 episodes.

What is this? It looks fucking hilarious

its fake sadly
cool though

Pilot episode of Cow and Chicken. Red Guy forced Chicken to smoke a giant cigarette in one deep breath and that's why it was banned.

Yeah, in the same vein as the animated Starship troopers series, there was to be a similar series based on ALIENS because of that whacked out toyline in the 80s-90s. However it was deemed too violent, or something of the sort, and the show was canned before airing.

There was a full 30 minute pilot made, but aside from some pictures, it never aired and there are no copies existing.

That thing aired dozens of times though so surely someone recorded it.

I recall thinking the planned finale for Angry Beavers was just an audio track and never fully animated but apparently they did animate it but only the audio ever leaked?

34 episodes of the western weeaboo Canadian show, My Life Me, English Dub is missing.
Ratings were poor and had few repeat airings. Though the entirety is in Spanish due to popularity in Mexico.

The current owner of the American rights is Dream Works, and there's going to be little chance to get them released.

Most episodes of the original robot Jones (with the robot voice, not the va) are only available as a video of a TV playing the episode. Not "lost" per se, but it really bugs me that there don't seem to be better versions available anywhere. What's frustrating is all we need is the original audio so we can just redub the voice-acted version

It's on youtube and not lost at all.

I have a different problem though. Cartoons have convinced me that reality is wholly fictional, uncertain and changeable at a moments notice. Simply put in last two years I found "new" episodes of old shows. MLAATR, Billy & Mandy, The PPG (original) and so on. Given that I've been a fan of the PPG since watching the actual pilot as a kid, given the sheer accessibility of everything due to the Net, given my enthusiasm for cartoons and inherent tendency for collecting the mere notion I "forgot" about an episode or didn't acquire it is insulting. Across the years and various incarnations of my PC I often rebuilt my collection with HD releases, this is true. But nothing can explain me watching an ep of the Puffs from an old DVD I myself burned back in early 2000s and seeing an ep for the first time. As in, this is impossible. Younger Anons and more... "reasonable" Anons will laugh, but I swear this is the truth.

There's a chnannel on cytube that shows a bunch of old G4/techTV programming, including AOTS. I swear, one of the '07 episodes were shown there before, and it wasn't a clip.

No, the internet killed TechTV. G4 merely tried to salvage what was left. It failed, but it tried.

It means my plan is working. Next week we'll get a new animatic of Mission hill

So, where are these "new" episodes then?

>What I really miss is Icons, that show was huge to me back in the day.

Icons was great when it was actually about video games.

When they switched to celebutants and NBA superstars, the show became unwatchable.

G4 as a network was only good for about a year. It almost immediately switched over to MTV Lite and began its descent into trash.

Isn't most of Disney's Doug also MIA?

And I think ALL of the Sebastian the Crab segments from Disney's Marsupilami are lost, even though all the Marsupilami segments have been available online for years.

Don't think anyone has Nightmare Ned outside the episodes in YouTube.

And now we have Animaniacs on Netflix too.

One of the stupidest things any person who has a copy of lost media can do is announce it in advance. Because then the rights holders will preemptively send them a C&D, warning them that is the lost media is ever released, they're subject to lawsuit. And they'll usually use that opportunity to offer a paltry sum in exchange for the lost item.

Super Bowl I, the most sought after piece of lost media for decades, was fond years ago. However, the NFL immediately sent their lawyers after the guy, threatening to destroy him financially if he ever exhibited it or tried to sell it to a private collector. They offered him $8,000 for it, though. He rejected their offer and now they're trying to wait him out since he can't sell it to anyone else or show to it anyone.

It's the reason why a lot of stuff like that gets sold between private collectors without any sort of public knowledge. Because the rights holders are total shitheads.

The Censored Eleven are Warner Brothers cartoons, not Disney.

Most of the original prints for the pre-1951 Tom and Jerry shorts were lost in a studio fire back in the late 60's. Pic related is a lost title card that was shown before some of the shorts.

Calamity Jane.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyberWorld
I'm kinda surprised this doesn't have an entry on the lostmedia wiki.

A lot of episodes of Bear in the Big Blue House (especially from the fourth season) have never been released on DVD, so I'm pretty sure they're lost.

>the other 4 are in Romanian
It's pic related's revenge from the grave

I've only seen episodes from the Saban show Monster Farm on YouTube in different languages, only the intro is in english. Kinda bummed because it was my personal 'what the fuck was this show I caught 5 minutes of as a kid' that I finally found years later. I'm sure it wasn't that good but the character designs were fun.

All i have is Sup Forums stuff

>Yaiba
>the Noozles
>Maya the Bee
the US version actually, the entire British dub is available
>that one where a girl turns into a magical pig

NIGGA ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Toad Patrol was my shit I got to get on this

Holy Shit this show was so fucking sad, I watched this a very long time ago and I remember that their parents are all dead and that one of the kids straight up dies at some point

Only kinda Sup Forums but did Al's Brain get released?

It was a Science exhibit with a 20 minute Weird Al video that explains the brain. I remember watching it at a County Fair maybe 6 years ago, never knew if it got a release

Be honest fampai, is this worth watching or just for the cheesecake?

lurk moar
toon.is/cow-chicken-no-smoking-original-pilot-video_b7fe8730f.html

not them, but some of it is funny like in an Eiken kind of way

bump

There are still like 97 episodes missing.

I believe the last two episodes were finally found a few years ago, although not in the best quality.

That's amazing that they found more episodes. It really sucked though because one time I decided to rewatch Toad Patrol only to find out the second season was missing. Glad they found more episodes.

I remember hearing once that some episodes of Astro Boy were lost and when they were putting together the DVDs or whatever they had to rely on copies of copies of the dubbed version since that's all there was left. Or maybe I'm just pulling that out of my ass since I don't remember the details.

This isn't really Sup Forums related unless you count the animated music videos, but Video on Trial is hard to find. Especially since they get taken down because of the music and some aren't available in Canada despite the show being Canadian.

How can you own the rights to s recording? Also, only 8k, surely it's worth way more.

Pretty sure it's something like it's illegal to record an NFL game without consent from the NFL and whatever channel is broadcasting it

it's kind of funny in some scenes. But if you try to take it serriously you will be dissapointed. It seems almost like a paradoy of sports anime to be honest.
the whole plot is just a basic underdog story but with more tits and ass. that's basically the while show actually.

I really fucking wish Cartoon Network would release boxsets of their Cartoon Cartoons.

>moonsisters
Jesus, that takes me back

Several toonheads episodes are missing I believe. But yeah I doubt there are any missing Loony Toons.

it hurts

do they at least have the scripts

holy shit somebody needs to find an intact episode of this and fast

but wouldent the nfl want to release it how is it a bad thing to give it to them

It's not reality that's uncertain and changeable at a moment's notice, but your memory. You forget things and it's not prioritized very elegantly. And long term memory isn't something that a person can control. Or at least not control very well, especially when it comes to really fine details.

Basically, you probably watched those episodes, but simply forgot or weren't paying much attention to them for various reasons.
Maybe you didn't find them as engaging as other better episodes, or you were too stressed to enjoy them, or heard some news that was distracting you.

you mean the '03 one? i saw the original before i moved. havent seen it since.

That show was trash anyway.
It's a shame about Attack of the Show though.
The world needs more autists who obsessively record and hoard and reupload.

The original Food Fight stuff.

G4 very much fucked itself up and another channel with shitty decisions, it really only got what was coming to it.

Sadly the same can't happen to similar channels, but Attack of the Show was pretty good.

Clock Man

>that one where a girl turns into a magical pig

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonde_Burin

>We know of episodes of older shows like Dr. Who that aired but ended up destroyed
>Dr. Who
And nothing of value was lost.

That episode of South Park where Hillary won the election

Cause they only wanted too give him 8000 for it if they rereleased it they would make a lot more

better: there are fan-taped audio recordings of all of the missing ones. fans and the bbc have done reconstructions built from stills and clips and things

Back when VCRs first became a thing there was a giant lawsuit that went all the way to the Supreme Court on the matter. The people won the right to record but not to distribute or profit on material they do not personally own or contribute in the creation of. The content being the material, not the device that holds it

>Le FIFTY-FIVE-YEAR OLD SHOW IS LE TUMBLR XD DO I FIT IN YET

You're crazy, I never made that

Why do the toads have hair

i know, right? let's show him, fellow whovian!
*pulls out sonic screwdriver*
you... will... be...
EXTERMINATED!

What if they just don't like Doctor Who?

I don't.

>How can you own the rights to s recording?

Before every broadcast of a football game, there's a message saying that you cannot record it without the express written consent of the NFL and the broadcaster.

The NFL has decided that their warning extends backward in time to when home media recording devices didn't exist on a practical level and there was no such warning at the time of broadcast.

Ahh, now I see why Dr. Who shitheads are so widely disliked across the internet. That's some capital autism, guv.

Oh yeah, I remember that voice swap. Robot sounded so much better with the Microsoft Sam voice.

and yet there's nothing stopping you from dvr'ing that shit.