The brainlets are arguing over which director is better

>the brainlets are arguing over which director is better
>intellectuals with extremely high IQs like myself already know that comparing them is retarded as they both direct completely different films

They're both the saviors that the film industry needs. It's like comparing an opera singer to an orchestra.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have a dread feeling that he won,t be able to make Dune work, unless it's like 6 hours long. There's way too much content there

they both made shlock the self proclaimed cinephiles love. neither are anything special.

It would pretty much only work if it was a series that wound up doing the Death Note thing of giving both characters communicating to eachother internal monologues, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. If it did that it could follow the source pretty closely, but I don't see how it would be able to have the impact of the book otherwise.

Anglo Chad vs. French virgin

Weird, he's currently called ''canadian'' in anglo media, meaning you little cuck shits wish he actually were angloƩ

youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA

How can other directors even compete with this scene in IMAX? The film itself wasn't Nolan's best but it was definitely one of the best experiences I've had at the cinema.

Honestly I just want top-notch cinematography like in Blade Runner.

They are both shit and loved by redditor plebs that inhabit this board
Soulless directing

Can't believe it took 8 posts before the contrarian meme man showed up.

Sup Forums must be moving slow today.

>They're both the saviors that the film industry needs.

They are both the last vestiges of auteur Hollywood. This doesn't mean they make good films, it just proves how awful Hollywood has gotten.

Nolan has made more iconic films, but then again, he has been around longer and he also made capeshit (albeit the best capeshit).

Villeneuve has a stellar career sofar, but he could still fuck up by doing Bond, or god forbid some bullshit like Star Wars.

Can't wait for the director roundtables when they will face off. Along with Jordan Peele to bring diversity.

villeneuve is french canadian, that's diversity.

Less of them than fucking niggs.

It'll be hilarious watching him explain his craft and his influence next to Nolan, Villeneuve and Del Taco

fag

Nolan's succeeds by riding on the coattails of his brother's ideas
Dennis succeeds by riding on the coattails of his cinematographer's visuals

Zack succeeds by being Zack

Stylistically their films show some similarities. I'm not sure how someone as intelligent as yourself could miss that.

Please explain how their films stylistically show similarities, because I see none.

Nolan best films Memento and Dunkirk are both written by Christopher Nolan himself and no one else.

they're both reddit

>Implying Hack Snyder isn't following the trail of Nolan's serious take on capeshit
Also, Snyder can't write for shit, all he does is adapt source material

>"Memento Mori" is a short story written by Jonathan Nolan and published in the March 2001 edition of Esquire magazine. It was the basis for the film Memento.[1]

Dunkirk is history. Not an original story

In the reddit scale, Hackenueve is higher.
Nolan is superior. He is also reddit tier tho.

>Dunkirk is history. Not an original story
This is such a dumb statement. So every single WW2 film ever made is not "original" because it's actual history? You could've taken the event of Dunkirk and gave it to 10 different screenwriters and you would get 10 different stories of it. Someone would focus on the french troops. Someone would focus on just one character the entire film. Someone would make it maybe from the german side. These are all different original stories made from a single event that serves as an inspiration.

Ok so Nolan wrote 1 story. Was it a surprise that Dunkirk wasn't his best product? Interstellar, Memento, Prestige & Dark Knight are far superior films- and they were all scripted by Jonathan Nolan. Dunkirk isn't even in the same level as Inception

Dunkirk is the first film where the usual Nolan flaws are practically non-existant (no constant shoved exposition, no overwritten dialogue, no too complex storyline, no poor close quarter choreography) and focused on visual storytelling entirely, while all those films you mentioned are completely riddled with the flaws I just mentioned.