fictionpress.com/s/3206139
keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
youtube.com/watch?v=-orEPDp5oT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lets get the thread started with another art challenge: Draw any smoking Sup Forums (or OC) character. reference image provided

I have not drawn anything Sup Forums-related in a while, so have something quick and crappy.

I like it user, every offering to the batgod counts

Remember if no one bumps draw something in 10 minutes. Be a proactive OP.

Trying to do something with West African female traditional clothing, but its hard to get that from how things look at this early point.

Drew a bunch of stuff for the setting I am working on during the last few days.

There's always a drawthread when I get on, but never a write thread.

I like the expressiveness of it, only nitpick is that the arm looks like it's sitting in the foreground instead of background due to being place up to high or not enough background shoulder showing

super jelly of your gesture work

cool, got any environment work?

>sweats bullets and posts own wip

>cool, got any environment work?
Not anything recent or decent. I mostly tend to draw creatures.

what's the project then?

Did a couple quick sketches for a cartoon I'm working on. I need to add some walking around montages set to music to add a couple minutes and to help set the scene a little bit.
The lines are rough AF but this is borderline storyboard so whatever

Something I have been working on for some years now, mostly for my own amusement.

It's a dystopian scifi setting that takes place in a large organic city, where nearly all technology is biotech.

Well I drew Danny DeVito on SwapDoodle

I'm a shit newbie "artist" with accumulatively a few hours with anatomy drawing experience.

I'll get better.

like to see this inked, you going for symbolic background?

cool

I have no doubt you'll improve what you've done it very good

Trying to have cleaner lines, I botched the text sized on this one

>glasses guy
cutie...

What does Sup Forums think?

New update.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

Princess

Soldier

Engineer

doctor

his eyes look derpy, you might want to fix that
also imho i would have more pages to each update on webtoons and perhaps try to include more backgrounds. when you include backgrounds it's easier to sink into the story and the few you've done show you're capable of it. If you add a cellphone border to the texts as well they wouldn't feel so flat and out of context. GL

doctor's style feels like it doesn't go with the group... this for a game or something else?

they are all cyclop of sort, well, cyclops who have been assimilated anyway. the doctor's eyes is in one eye

Not bad for an amateur attempt, but didn't Makoto Shinkai already make Keit-ai?

Run into a bug nest, no more bug nest

FINDS

Anyone have a quick way to take a scanned image and make it pure monochrome? And pure monochrome as in only #FFFFFF and #000000.

t. scans hand-drawn shit and uses it in program transparently.

Most scanners have a black and white input/ settings but that's only effective if you have inked your stuff with pen

Most programs have a filter called threshold, which will do exactly what you've asked for.

Weeb teenager/10

Mate, this is what I have to work with, it's someone else oc

Alright, that's fair.

Some genuine criticism then;
>child birthan hips. This is a dude, right?
>lack of a good light source, shading makes little sense
>legs don't separate well, lack of perspective and good modeling makes everything looks flat

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

yeah, agree but its too damn late now, was getting kinda carried away

I was working on this to keep me up today.
Give me some criticism. I'll try changing stuff if you guys feel like I should

Experimenting with character styles

Bumpin with work doodles

I had the idea that the character, is part of a family of half/giants but she's the only one who didn't get the genes. Not only is she not very big but she's also pretty short for a human too.

Forgot Image.

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, an anime preview, an anime episode, and an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar nominated, and a critically acclaimed box office success, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097

Weird to have someone compliment a characters looks, but i'll take it, thanks!

Looks good so far, although i'm not sure whats happening in the pic

Her legs confuse me, try lowering them

One on the right is a qt, Hell they all are

Looks like you get more sloppy with the bodies and only focus on the heads

yep

LIVE DAMN YOU!

Here's a question: What do y'all think of line sculpting as an alternative to regular lineart?

If you have no idea what it is: Take a sketch, refine it/erase away at it until it looks like lineart. That's the long and short of it. Like in pic related I'm working on; most of her face and much of her hair is already refined and sculpted, while nothing else currently is.

It obviously requires less precision, but generally takes a lot longer than doing plain ol' lineart. But, I've really grown to love it. It's almost therapeutic to me, just spending an afternoon carving out a picture's lines. Not great if you're on a deadline, but nice and calming if you're doing something for fun.

Drew this today.

I didn't know that's what it's called, but its pretty much what I've been doing with my sketches, it definitely takes up more time but I'm obsessive about having my sketches almost as clean as my linework. Maybe I'll just skip having a linework phase and do that instead. Especially since I'm using a mouse, sculpting would make the whole process a lot easier.
Looking nice, simpler styles like that might not be as impressive as highly detailed ones but I like them a lot more.

Have a chibi.

Just been practicing

One of my forums was doing a OC and Pokemon thread, so I may do more of these, it's pretty fun to do.

I'm actually not 100% sure that's what it's really called, but it's what a very nice artist called Kienan Lafferty calls it. I've heard some people call it Reductive Drawing, but when I look that stuff up it looks more like it's drawing through negative space and/or implied shapes rather than erasing away imperfections.

A mouse might not give quite the same result, as it relies a lot on having the ability to control the opacity of the erasing through pressure sensitivity, but I'd think the same principle could still apply well enough.

Kienan actually has quite a few videos showing him doing his thing, specifically this'n that goes deep into the whole line sculpting stuff (skip to like 17:30 and on to see some clearer examples)
youtube.com/watch?v=-orEPDp5oT4

I really like the organic look of everything, though I'm curious why everything has was looks like a very similar carapace. Is every weapon actually a living thing and they all come from the same source a la Tyranids or Zerg, or is the plating material just strictly from a common creature? It's neat regardless.

my DND character, a washed up pop star trying to reclaim his fame. his neck is a plug that you can plug different vegetables into to get new looks. hes a huge bitch, i love him.

thanx bro.

oh yes, i am loving it

Just designed a couple of wrestler dinosaurs.

ABSOLUTELY

reposptan

WHOAA thank you that's great!!
gives the lil' bean i am a tear to the eye...

It varies. When I'm doodling stuff for Sup Forums usually i sketch it with a light pencil and then just go over it with darker strokes.

When I'm doing actual lineart my method is actually going over the sketch layer with broad strokes and then erasing it where I overlap. Which is how I get very sharp edges in my lineart.

Also more of but as kids.

been tryin to use refs more often

First attempt with a drawing pad. Having some trouble with hand eye coordination, but that's no excuse for how bad it turned out.

Also what programs do you generally use to draw digitally? Am I wrong in using Photoshop?

super cute!! i like the hair!

im sorry

so speaking of which does anyone have some art forums they recommend
i want to steal them they are beautiful

Is this like Tailsmander?

is this your original character flails

I have been making new character designs for a cartoon project I'm working on What are the flaws in this drawing and how can I improve it?

I think meme webcomics should be banned from these threads.

Played around with an older character design. I wanted to make him more animal-like while still retaining his original humanoid traits. He's kinda like a creature that inhabits the dreams of others, but in this case, he safeguards the soul of a lone little girl/dreamer. He's also got a dirty lil' secret about himself.

These were some sketches I put together before I called it for the night, but I'll likely go back over them with ink.

The carapace is basically plating material this faction uses. The weapons etc aren't living creatures themselves in the real sense, like for example Tyranid weapons are. Instead, the weapons are just constructs made out of organic components, hence why many have similar features to one another, like the bumpy carapace, the rib like parts etc.

honestly, the first thing I thought was "what the fuck is wrong with her face?"

the previous picture looks alright though, and the idea is solid

you know what, use that face for some promo art to get contrarian assholes like me to wanna see it and just have a better face in the actual work

Work on your lighting and tones. The green and pink are punching me in the face.
The anatomy looks fine.

middle top is my favorite

Why did you omit the vagoogoo?

did this trying to get the hang of illustrator

Something I made a while ago for /trash/'s /sug/

>What the fuck is wrong with her face?
That is precisely what I want to know.
Also, if you could give me some tips on lineart. Because mine seem too stiff.

pull the sleeves

the reason her face looks off it because you gave her jowls like an old lady
I'd suggest going for more simplistic lines since you have a lot of details
the look stiff because you put all the emotions in the face and don't have much gesturing going on

tried to help show you a bit more of the rules of thirds when it comes to putting your characters into a background or environment and marked out the ideal locations for placing a title that isn't too small or taking away from the action

i'd suggest looking into color theory along with lighting

honest i love the idea you have going and if it's okay may i offer to help?

Thank you for the help.
I like the way you draw but I find it a bit too childish looking (for the atmosphere I am trying to get).
Thanks also for correcting the composition in the second picture.

okay, good luck with your project then
glad i could help some

>posting another WIP since nobody ever commented on last one