I've seen this level of re-franchising before

>I've seen this level of re-franchising before
>It didn't scare me then
>It does now

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-director-survived-pressure-by-trusting-his-fan-1030350
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

#MayThePorgBeWithYou

When did he see that jedi power level before? What is he supposed to be referencing? Ben? Vader? Yoda?

>Fear leads to Anger
Seems like Luke’s line was crafted so it would fit in perfectly in one of those boring montages Disney loves to make

How the fuck is your upper body lean and your legs so pudgy.

Is this skinnyfat?

I dont think they have 50lbs of muscle combined.

Well a lot happened between the 6th and 7th movies. Everyone got old... at least 20-30 years. He could have been talking about the Emperor or Vader though. I'm sure he could feel their power.

>we want the furby audience

Is anyone else scared this is going to be Empire Strikes Back 2.0?

The absolute state of western civilisation. We deserve to be conquered by Islam.

>didn't scare him but should have

Only one candidate remains after you apply this filter. Unless you're a dumb contrarian waiting for le epic twist, Rey turning evil, Luke turning evil, Kylo turning good after killing hundreds, Rey not being Luke's daughter and all the other dumb shit Disney is shitposting online to keep dumb people thinking anything could happen in this next not-formulaic film.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

He's pretty short

No because Rian has some originality and vision unlike JJ

For you.

>Oh my God... She's more powerful than Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, Palpatine, Yoda, Darth Plagueis, Revan, Ulic Qel-Droma, Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider, Starkiller, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Darth Nihilus, Lord Vitiate, Count Dooku, Kyp Durron, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, Waru, Kettch, Jek Porkins, and Darth Bane all put together...

Oh yes, much better to have no culture at all rather than having 10% retarded culture like this. Praise Allah, let's go fuck some goats and kids this weekend (I'm talking about human children not kids as in young goats).

Like this user said, Rian actually made good movies before that unlike J.J. which made the worst Sci Fi movie of all time, Into Darkness, which makes it more surprising that VII had at least some decent stuff in it that just must more worked out to become really good, but I think that was Kasdans part, the part with the bad scenes (except for the opening in the village, the entire first half) is Abrams fault.

who the fuck are these people

>we have entered the age of super-jedi and super-sith using super-AT-ATs and super-death-stars

Bravo, Disney

Thanks for the clarification

me on the left

man, that thing shows up in 1 (ONE) trailer a couple of days ago and they are already selling merchandise.
are disney the gods of money?

Shills for the new Marvel movie.

>Yoda?
Are you retarded? Why would Yoda scares him?

the manlet is part of the star wars story group and the female is just a pop culture slut

>I've seen this level of white power once before
>It didn't scare me then
>It does now
What did Abrams mean by this?

When Kylo went full school shooter at Lukes jedi training camp.

ALL THE OTHER KIDS WITHOUT SOME GOOD FORCE TRICKS BETTER RUN BABY RUN, FASTER THAN MY SABER

i would invade and kill him than rape her repeatedly

You just know he doesn't get a lot of sex

why does she look like a Jewish man with a wig

Well he made an Instagram account for his dog so probably not

Disney is the best possible answer to Star Wars. They will have a movie coming out every year for decades.

>Is

>I don't want to do this anymore
>Save me from Disney, don't watch this shit

WOW it makes sense. But these people look so unhealthy. It's like shilling for Disney consumed their life energy. Imagine being an adult and pretending you like capeshit and nu-wars 24/7

There's only one person that could be, and it's the former emperor. Palpatine, somehow, lives and Luke senses him through Rey. Palpatine has body jumping abilities in Legends, it's not a huge gamble to say he has them in G-Canon.

>something inside me, has always been there, but now it's awake
Very subtle, Disney

These people don't have children, do they?

Their wife's have children.

>the age of super-jedi and super-sith
How is that description not applicable to the old EU?

I wonder what it feels like to have to lie to yourself when you find out the money you invested into something turns out to be bad.

That is hard to look at

In himself, when he went apeshit on Vader. He made the mistake of training the next generation instead of offing himself and ending the force for good.

Friendly reminder that for better or for worse (definitely worse) most of those don't exist anymore.

am i the only one who find this kind of visuals to be total garbage? This sort of grey thing, we know he's standing next to a green screen and this facility is full CGI covered with an ugly blur filter. Why this moron standing there as if achieved anything? He's a Snoke's favorite for no reason whatsoevere, he's physically weak, and behaves like an angsty teen.
These films are so bad it's unimaginable.

Short people got no reason to live.
They got little hands
And little eyes
And they walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet!

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
Well I don't want no short people
'Round here!

The jews won.

he's probably referencing Kylo Ren. Everyone seems to think he's weak because Rey beat him but the guy took a fucking full on bowcaster shot and was literally bleeding out and close to death when she beat him

I'm so ready for the caliphate

Apparently they work for Disney. So it's likely that merch was COMPED, with the provision that they shill themselves on social media.

The tattoos were their own idea. My uncle works at Disney and he said the reaction in the office was stunned silence. Like their boss told these kids to shill the porgs and joked about getting tattoos and they actually did it!

>Why would Yoda scares him?
Stranded in strange land
First person he meets starts stealing his shit
> "fuck! Did I land on a planet full of niggers?"

>Are you retarded? Why would Yoda scares him?

>I'm not afraid
>You will be
>...You will be

>implying the Kathleen Kennedy hasn't turned him into a yes man

If you think they let him make the movie he wanted your crazy. This is gonna be a safe cashgrab just like TFA.

They’ve been selling it since September 1st you uneducated swine

Movie hasn't even come out yet? How do they know they won't hate those little fuckers? This could be like getting a Jar Jar Binks tattoo before Episode 1 came out.

Why are people so fucking stupid?

Kek

Vegeta, what does the scouter say?

Rey is probably not Luke's daughter, dude.

there is literally no other prospective parent. they'd have to invent parents and introduce them out of chronological order. the fact that we're going to see what happened between Episode 6 and 7 in the form of flashbacks in Episode 8 is already un-StarWars-y enough. If they were to introduce her parents as novel characters they would have to show Rey reuniting with them. They couldn't settle the issue in a flashback. So there's two new characters that don't really serve a purpose moving forward, they're just needed to tie up loose ends. I don't think so, feels really awkward introducing two random characters just to say

>here are the two random people who dropped Rey off on that random not-Tatooine planet all those years ago. now you know. moving on!

>If you think they let him make the movie he wanted, you're crazy. This is gonna be a safe cashgrab just like TFA.

This.
Rian has admitted to having to seek permission from Kathleen Kennedy and her funny and talented Story Group for every creative decision in The Last Jedi. Not only did he go, hat-in-hand, to their offices in San Francisco on a regular basis, but he was actually *thankful* for the opportunity to have his ideas vetoed by the story group.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-director-survived-pressure-by-trusting-his-fan-1030350
>I moved up to San Francisco for a few months, and every few weeks I would go in and sit down with [Lucasfilm's] Kiri Hart and her whole story group team, and I would just put everything I was thinking of up on the white board and just bounce it off everyone — just see what everyone thought. Having that kind of gut check — not just for, 'Wait, don't do that,' but for, 'Yeah, you can do that. If that's interesting to you, take that path' — having that permission from somebody, I think that had a lot to do with it."

>Having that permission from somebody
>Having that permission
>Permission

He is the definition of a Yes-man.

I really want porgs to fail. The huge bug eyes weird me out

>The huge bug eyes weird me out
THANK YOU. I really thought I was the only one on this godforsaken board who felt this way.

What do you even mean, prospective parent? Why do you think the parents have to be main characters from the movies? Rey's parents could literally be two people who abandoned her.

Being this dickless is embarrassing. The movie looks like total shit from the trailers. The only thing they allowed him was to change the visual tone. We'll go from teal orange blockbusters crap with TFA to grey, gloomy dark shit a la Zack Snyder because ESB was darker so let's make the picture dark. It looks like it's filmed with a HD webcam. And I don't get why johnson gets so much praise for being some arthouse filmmaker, his Brick movie is pure dogshit.

The old EU was also complete shit

Yeah, they could be. And I also explained why I don't think they will be. What's confusing about this?

What's confusing is you seem to think the parents, by necessity, must play a role in the films. The fact that a character was abandoned as a child does not mean that the parents must turn into some big reveal or reunion.

yeah i heard that story my dad works at star wars and told me all about it

>tfw no gf taller than me

You mean those aren't fake?

It's ain't better, but it's what we deserve.

Hes literally a bona fide Sith, Not a Dark Jedi as we always see

Is that a man?

It's a boy

It must be explained in some way who the parents are. Can you admit that or are you already being difficult about that part?

And if the parents are shown there's only two options: Showing in a flashback and now they're dead, or they live and we reunite with them, flashback optional in that case.

The first option is awkward, it's awkward showing random characters dying in a flashback a whole movie after they were first mentioned. And the second option isn't much better unless there is a big reunion and this is part of the happy ending of Episode 9.

It's show, don't tell. If they tie the loose end up by going
>btw I, some old or new side character, know what happened with your parents back then. here's why they left you and aren't around to tell you themselves.
then that's the worst of all worlds.

How the fuck people are still debating this?

This is all in the context of not wanting to train Rey, exactly like he shouldnt have trained Kylo.

Four candidates:

1) Kylo: Rian decided to retcon Kylo into a super powerful guy despite him losing in TFA to make TLJ more dramatic, and Luke doesn't want Rey to become a school shooter like his former apprentice

2) Vader: Rey is a reincarnation of Anakin and Luke senses this. Doesn't make sense because Vader scared him though

3) Sheev: Rey is a descendant of the Sheevmeister himself, or possibly imbued with biz power. Sheev makes a secret base on Jakku in the new canon where he has experiments that blend science and the Force done. Maybe Rey is a result of these experiments.

4) Himself. Luke has become so powerful he's turned into a god so he's hiding to protect the galaxy from himself. Rey is his daughter and has inherited this power

I bet she fucks him in the ass with a strap-on every night

i'm jealous

probably palpatine, he throws his lightsaber in front of him because he wasn't afriad, that was before being roasted

He is talking about his daughter, who is rey

>It must be explained in some way who the parents are. Can you admit that or are you already being difficult about that part?

Not really--a core of her character's conflict could be the loneliness and rejection of being an orphan, never getting the meet the people who didn't want her.

And even if there is an "explanation," the characters don't have to be shown. For example, if Rey was a child of two of Luke's Jedi trainees who were killed in Ben's school shooting. Their deaths wouldn't have to be "shown via flashback."

Just consider how the Jedi practice of taking children from their birth parents to be trained never led to us knowing anything at all about Obi-Wan's parents.

>4) Himself. Luke has become so powerful he's turned into a god so he's hiding to protect the galaxy from himself
I unironically think that would be a good move.

Having Luke being able to BTFO Snoke and Kylo any time he chooses, but holding back out of fear he'd unleash a greater evil should he fall, would repair a lot of the damage TFA caused be implying either Luke is a chickenshit/irresponsible asshole, or Snoke is some ungodly power that Sheev somehow never knew/cared about

The last jedi is kylo ren

>Being this dickless is embarrassing.

Just watch the interviews he's in. If you can read body language at all, it's pure cringekino. The manlet is an unsubstantial sweaty mess.

>Mr. Johnson, tell us about The Last Jedi. It won't be an Episode V rehash, right?
>Um, err, well, you see, i think, um, I don't know, it's the middle chapter, so maybe? I um, just hope the fans are emotionally satisfied, you know? We made sure to keep a lot of the humor from episode VII.

He's referencing her involvement in the destruction of the new jedi order. She's a knight of ren.

>You mean those aren't fake?
No, the absolute madmen, they actually did it!

It's going to be Kylo.
The implication being that Rey could beat him because she has similar raw power.

>Rian decided to retcon Kylo into a super powerful guy
We already saw him as a powerful guy. He easily stopped a blaster mid air, and then held it there while casually interrogating someone

Considering she's been on Jakku since she was what appears to be five or six years old, the Knights of Ren sounds like a pretty shitty organization.

Definitely better, my friend.

The gorilla at-at's attacking the rebel base on the arid planet seems very esb to me.

>And even if there is an "explanation," the characters don't have to be shown.

Yeah, I just said that! You're doing it again, wtf.

>if Rey was a child of two of Luke's Jedi trainees who were killed in Ben's school shooting. Their deaths wouldn't have to be "shown via flashback."

If their deaths took place in the same event that we have already seen flashbacks of then they would certainly be part of the fucking flashback. That's the worst example you could have constructed.

>the Jedi practice of taking children from their birth parents to be trained

Does Luke even know about this?

>never led to us knowing anything at all about Obi-Wan's parents

Nor Qui Gon's or Yoda's or anyone else's. Rey needs parents because missing her parents and wanting to reunite with them is an important established attribute of hers. If they didn't want to eventually spill the beans about her parents they could have just made her a random scavenger with no backstory. They didn't have to mention her parents but they did.

You are a fool if you think the directors of these movies are allowed any creative freedom. Just look at Rogue One. The new trilogy movies are nothing more than products to be sold to as many people as possible, the entire movie has likely already been planned out shot for shot before the "director" even walks on set.

>Just look at Rogue One.
A very enjoyable movie that had scenes changed for the better?

A mess of a movie where the director and the suits were fighting to the bitter end over creative control.